Koss KSC75 on Aiwa HP-X222 mod !!!
Nov 1, 2010 at 1:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

nac5000

New Head-Fier
Hello HeadFi!!! well after reading a lot about the KSC75 I ran to my local radio shack and they had them for 89 pesos (like 7usd) so I got one
smily_headphones1.gif
they sound great but they leak in a lot of noise and the clips hurt me a little so I grab my old Aiwa hp222 and checked if they could fit the koss75 driver...

BTW they sound like crap so there will be no loss removing the drivers hehe, the good thing is that I find them very comfortable and light sooo  I began my first phone mod
bigsmile_face.gif

I removed all the wiring and the mute circuit inside the left can, I wanted to keep the original wire as the aiwa wire is very thin.

I removed the original driver and just glued the koss one keeping the original koss case and everything

there was some foam protecting the aiwa driver I removed everything so the koss driver is clean directly to the listener ears
smily_headphones1.gif

first mod completed!!! 

my first impressions after listening a few songs are... 

-the overall clarity is improved by the isolation (I loved this!!!),
-confort is great now no more clips on ears,
-the bass is improved, now there is a greater level of bass
-less soundstage
frown.gif

I need to listen to them more in detail but I was very pleased with the isolation and confort, this was my first phone mod and I'm very happy I'm gonna use them for night xbox playing and music and movies.

regards and greetings.

Nov 2, 2010 at 2:01 PM Post #2 of 2
UPDATE!

Yesterday I bought another KSC75 at radio shack and I ran a little comparison against the aiwa ksc75, my first impressions were the stock ksc75 sounds a little better 
confused_face.gif
im gonna ran more tests today...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back