Koss KSC75 Modding and Recabling Materials
Dec 11, 2013 at 4:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

BaerGriggs

New Head-Fier
Hello there, I'm looking into modding and recabling a pair of Koss KSC75's. I have some soldering experience so shouldn't have too much trouble there, but I'm struggling a bit on finding everything I'll need in order to accomplish recabling the headphones. Several recommendations have include Mogami Starquad cable and that's what I'm looking to buying since it's relatively inexpensive and well-reviewed.

Now I know the I will need to solder a 3.5mm connector onto one end, and solder the wires onto the drivers themselves on the other, but I notice others talking about using heatshrink, Y-adapters, and other things and I'm getting a bit lost. So far I have the Starquad cable, soldering materials, and a 3.5mm connector on my list of things to buy..is there anything I need? Thanks for the help and sorry I couldn't quite understand some of the FAQ's on this process for the Koss's.

Dec 12, 2013 at 4:45 PM Post #2 of 2
You need something to hold where the 4 wires go into 2 on each earpiece. I usually just use heatshrink over the area where the wire splits from a 4 wire braid into 2 wires, it looks nice and helps the cable stay braided.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back