Koss KSC7
Mar 23, 2003 at 9:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

PodMan

500+ Head-Fier
Anyone tried the Koss KSC7? They look like KSC35s but they seem to use completely different 32ohm drivers. Currently only $5 at radioshack. I am wondering if they fit better than the KSC50s for running.

Mar 23, 2003 at 3:11 PM Post #2 of 24
I tried it at the local RS and found that it sounds pretty good out of the box. I didn't buy it though since i was looking for closed headphone to use in Lab/Library. It leaks sounds out but not as much as KSC-50 which i also tried at BestBuy. For $5,you definitely shouldn't hesitate. I did have a problem putting it on my ears though.

Aug 29, 2005 at 12:03 PM Post #5 of 24
anyone else have the koss ksc7? i'm wanting a pair of cheap clip-ons, i'm planning to get the ksc7's but won't do so if theres major flaws.

Aug 29, 2005 at 4:06 PM Post #6 of 24
Yikes!! what are these people packin in their pipe?.... I want some of THAT!!!
biggrin.gif
That'd be the ultimate upgrade.

I must put an end to it.

Dont even bother. That koss 32 ohm driver is crap crap crap, parading around as a cousin to the mighty KSC35 and KSC75.

I have the KSC12 (came OEM with a Yamaha drum pad kit) which uses the same craptacular 32 ohm driver.
Put it this way... my MDR-V200 has far better bass response, treble extension and soundstage
eek.gif
eek.gif

Put it this way for $10 more you could have a KSC75 and trounce on almost anything under $55.

Aug 30, 2005 at 2:59 AM Post #8 of 24
Yeah, except the right driver and the right clip tend to snap apart really easily
frown.gif
Fortunately it's also easy to snap them back together.

BTW, one interesting problem I have. For some reason, the left and right fit always seem strange with my KSC75's... I don't know why, they just fit my ears differently. But then again, my earbuds also seem to fit differently (one side is tighter than the other), so maybe it's due to having a left ear that is shaped differently from right ear? Or maybe it's just some big psychological placebo effect type deal...

Aug 30, 2005 at 4:04 AM Post #9 of 24
so based on the reasoning provided above, i can safely deduce that the ksc7's are crap?
k1000smile.gif

Aug 30, 2005 at 4:39 AM Post #10 of 24
lol, if you looked at the original date of post, I asked this question back in 2003. back then KSC-35s were going for $100 on ebay, the KSC-75 did not exist, and the KSC-50 had bad fit for most people. This is a moot subject now that the KSC-75 is out and the KSC-35 is back on sale.

Aug 30, 2005 at 5:12 AM Post #11 of 24
lol, i was just wondering on the sound quality of the ksc7's, apparently people ere say its crap. now another question, how do these compare to sony's clip-ons?

Aug 31, 2005 at 5:40 AM Post #12 of 24
bump.

Aug 31, 2005 at 6:10 AM Post #13 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by blazer78
lol, i was just wondering on the sound quality of the ksc7's, apparently people ere say its crap. now another question, how do these compare to sony's clip-ons?

Well, to be honest with you, Sony's clip-ons are also crappy-crap-crap, especially for their higher prices. For clip-ons, if you bought anything besides the Koss KSC-35 or KSC-75, you've been omgwtfpwned.

Aug 31, 2005 at 6:14 AM Post #14 of 24
lol
icon10.gif
fair enough.

Aug 31, 2005 at 8:10 AM Post #15 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
Yikes!! what are these people packin in their pipe?.... I want some of THAT!!!
biggrin.gif
That'd be the ultimate upgrade.
I must put an end to it.
Dont even bother. That koss 32 ohm driver is crap crap crap, parading around as a cousin to the mighty KSC35 and KSC75.
I have the KSC12 (came OEM with a Yamaha drum pad kit) which uses the same craptacular 32 ohm driver.
Put it this way... my MDR-V200 has far better bass response, treble extension and soundstage
eek.gif
eek.gif

Put it this way for $10 more you could have a KSC75 and trounce on almost anything under $55.

Dude, you are soooo freaking right! Mine came in the mail finally, and they are killer right of the box, no mods, no burn in. Best $15 I've spent in a long time, and I'll be sending a girl I like with a love for the tunes I've got a pair, along with an mp3 copy of my music collection and an Amano art book. I get the feeling with the KSC75's she'll definitely be blown away
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILUVIPODS
Yea i got the KSC75s...nice bass and all around good sound for price. I recomend them definetly.
wink.gif

Same here.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle_Driver
...you've been omgwtfpwned.

Hehehe, somehow I get the feeling that's going to be the next punk'd punchline or even the next Aston Kutcher vehicle
eek.gif

580smile.gif
Abe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back