koss ksc-75.......?
Feb 3, 2006 at 4:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

ZMstephen21

Head-Fier
ok, so i go to radio shack (previously mentioned in an ealier thread lol) and i get the 75s. i got to my car, excitedly opened them after all the good things i'd seen about them hear and other review sites. i put them on my ears, and i could barely hear my music(coming from a zen micro). I had to turn it up all the way just to comfortably hear the music. I immediately put them back in the pakaging and basically decided to return them. well they sat around my house for a week...? and i've just now took them out again. i bent the wire a tad to fit closer to my ears, and they sound ALOT better. Can the 75s be burnt in? Should i keep them to go along with my e2cs? are they worth the $25?

Feb 3, 2006 at 5:51 AM Post #3 of 15
ZMstephen21 : Yes, they will benefit with some time burning in. Yes, they're worth the $25, it can match up to my ms1's. Yes, you should keep them company with the e2c's, as you u may use the e2c's when you want isolation.

Kirosia: No, the ksc-75 doesn't have a volume control.

Feb 3, 2006 at 5:53 AM Post #4 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ericx
Kirosia: No, the ksc-75 doesn't have a volume control.

I meant the particular ones found in ratshack, I recall someone mentioning them to be slightly modified with inline volume control.

Feb 3, 2006 at 5:54 AM Post #5 of 15
New KSC-75 owner here also. The first thing I noticed with my KSC-75s was "where is the Bass?" I have been testing the KSC-75s against my KSC-35s, and I have had to turn down the volume on my player when listening to the KSC-35s. When I change over to the KSC-75's I need to turn the volume up significantly to get to the same level as the 35s. I need to burn in these headphones, however the Mids and Highs sound fine.
biggrin.gif

I purchased my KSC-75s from Amazon.com (and they were the straight wire version ones, they did not have the volume contol on the headphone cord. Supposedly KSC-75s bought from RadioShack have a volume control.)

Feb 3, 2006 at 6:09 AM Post #6 of 15
wow ksc-75 no bass? dont get hd201 then if you think the koss-75 doesnt have enough. i got em both and the hd201 clearly lose in every area amped or no amped, ipod or x-fi. If they had a koss that was full size id have em (bigger than portapros)

Feb 3, 2006 at 6:16 AM Post #7 of 15
Couple the KSC75 with an amp and it approaches SR60 territory.

$25 seems a little expensive considering other bm retailers like Circuit City have them for under $20.

Feb 3, 2006 at 6:18 AM Post #8 of 15
You need to bend the clips, so that it makes the drivers sit closer to your ears, for the bass and such to shine through, at least in my experience.

Feb 3, 2006 at 10:47 PM Post #10 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia
Do these have a volume control?

yes, and i think it is very unnessacary (would the word "redundant" apply there?)
Quote:

Originally Posted by azncookiecutter
You need to bend the clips

i did, they sounded noticably better but i think they unbended (bad vocab i know) over night
Quote:

Originally Posted by socrates63
Couple the KSC75 with an amp and it approaches SR60 territory

any affordable begginers amps you might reccomend?

Feb 3, 2006 at 11:08 PM Post #12 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jam_Master_J
It seems odd that you'd have so much trouble powering them. Mine got plenty loud at 12/30 on my Karma. Perhaps try exchanging for another pair.

maybe, maybe i need an amp, i dont know, i'd probably get babied by the clerks like last time if i wanted to exchange them
biggrin.gif

Feb 4, 2006 at 2:39 AM Post #15 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsjong
Have you made sure the volume control is on MAX, not MIN?

yes i have, ive made up my mind to return them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back