Koss KSC-50/55
Nov 17, 2004 at 5:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

maurus

100+ Head-Fier
I have seen in Headroom the highly recommended headphones Koss Ksc-50 and Koss Ksc-55.

There is some difference in quality of sound among them? ç

With their high impedance of 60 ohms, can be handled by moderns PCDP with only output headphones about 5 mW?

They are so good as Senn PX100?

-Thanks

-Maurus

Nov 17, 2004 at 8:03 PM Post #2 of 5
I have the KSC 50 and they use the titanium driver and the basket or frame of the driver is the same as the KSC35. IMO they sound the same, the difference between the 50 and 55 is one is a clipon and one is streetstyle with a band behind the head. I think the 55 would be better only because the clips on the 50 are not that comfortable. The 75s are the better clipons so it depends what you want. They both will sound the same though, the 55s may sound a little warmer because the band will push the drivers a little closer to yoru ears.

Nov 17, 2004 at 9:48 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by maurus
I have seen in Headroom the highly recommended headphones Koss Ksc-50 and Koss Ksc-55.

There is some difference in quality of sound among them? ç

With their high impedance of 60 ohms, can be handled by moderns PCDP with only output headphones about 5 mW?

They are so good as Senn PX100?

-Thanks

-Maurus

I use the KSC-55 with a 5mw minidisc player all the time, it works just fine.

A lot has been written recently comparing the 50, 55, 75, portapro and 35. I'm too lazy to repeat it all, but you should find it easily with the search function. The short version is, get any of 'em, they're great!

Nov 18, 2004 at 2:25 AM Post #5 of 5
There shouldn't be a difference in quality between the two. But there's a big difference in fit.

Stay away from the ksc-50. You can make the clips to be to be comfortable (by sanding down sharp edges and excess plastic/paint. To me this did wonders, no more raw ears). But the clip is not the problem. It's the actual fit. Forget about walking with these, they will flop like dumbo's ears when you walk. They even flop when i turn my head fast enough while sitting down.

Not bad for home pc or stationary use, good sound for $20 or less. But i can't reccomend these for walking/moving around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back