Koss KPH30i appreciation thread
Sep 3, 2020 at 5:20 PM Post #121 of 354
Ordered these (should be fun)
C52E7686-5526-473E-84E1-9A5F2BE2674E.jpeg

C6245DD5-6ECB-4256-BBC2-3AEFDD7FB7C1.jpeg

04D84C9E-1F26-48D7-8E3D-D7F59C4A04E4.jpeg

EB820964-7A40-493C-8C87-D5124513D1CB.jpeg

First connector types are for different headphones.

Sep 3, 2020 at 8:43 PM Post #123 of 354
Wonder if I should order those in advance or not. Mostly asking because I DO wanna run the stock cables to the ground before doing so. Order at the first sign of damage I suppose... or probably during the 11/11 sale.
That’s up to you obviously. I have two pairs of 30i so trying to mod/play with one makes sense as far as satisfying my curiosity is concern. I am also curious how moded 30i will compare to stock. As far as the cable mod is concerned well, I like flexibility of detachable cable. That’s pretty much it.
If you gotta have mic/volume option, you can get those separately as well. interesting one that I found was a bass boost in-line module that could be fun for bass-heads out there.

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2020 at 4:04 PM Post #126 of 354
Sep 7, 2020 at 2:58 PM Post #127 of 354
Just got the Koss these KPH30i ... And WOW what just happened ?
I have some headphones from Beyer 770 990 soul bird, from Focal Listen and sparks, from Sony 7506 some wireless some from B&W etch etch ... Most of the time i use HD 650 and HD 660s and a friend told me to buy these headphones i said oh man please its time for me to stop all these m50x ,770 ,990 9500,X2HR are nothing WOW i keep going back to HD 650 and 660s so whats the point ?
He told me its just 40 euros and if u dont like them i will get them from u just buy them at white color so i can have both the colors.
They arrived and what i saw is what i expected a low end build headphone ... AND i wear them first of all they was light soooo light and the headband i cant feel it this silicone strap is soo clever, after that i said oh Ok they are Over ears so like my BW p5s and my HD 25 after 10-20 minutes i will take them off.

3 things that i dont get... i have tried so many premium ON Ears and nothing nothing come close to comfort like these ones how is this possible i dont know . Then its the soundstage how a driver without an angle and so close to the ear can have this Soundstage ??? What ?
And last the sound signature OMG its like someone heard me and make a signature with fast bass like HD 25 ( ok not so fast but close) a tight mids and clear and highs are warm soo warm this is the best Headphone to listen at night on the bed so smooth my p5 are warm but lose a lot of detail these DONT
OK they cant have the smoothness of HD 650 or the Clarity and separation of HD 660s BUT what i am saying ??? i compare a 40 euro headphone with all the others?
They are so portable so good that are going next to my loved ones HD 660s and HD 650 thats for sure .
Side by side listening with all the others makes me think that some times price and appearance can fool u .

Congrats KOSS u got my respect.

Sep 7, 2020 at 5:56 PM Post #128 of 354
I have some headphones from Beyer 770 990 soul bird, from Focal Listen and sparks, from Sony 7506 some wireless some from B&W etch etch ... Most of the time i use HD 650 and HD 660s and a friend told me to buy these headphones i said oh man please its time for me to stop all these m50x ,770 ,990 9500,X2HR are nothing WOW i keep going back to HD 650 and 660s so whats the point ?
He told me its just 40 euros and if u dont like them i will get them from u just buy them at white color so i can have both the colors.
They arrived and what i saw is what i expected a low end build headphone ... AND i wear them first of all they was light soooo light and the headband i cant feel it this silicone strap is soo clever, after that i said oh Ok they are Over ears so like my BW p5s and my HD 25 after 10-20 minutes i will take them off.

3 things that i dont get... i have tried so many premium ON Ears and nothing nothing come close to comfort like these ones how is this possible i dont know . Then its the soundstage how a driver without an angle and so close to the ear can have this Soundstage ??? What ?
And last the sound signature OMG its like someone heard me and make a signature with fast bass like HD 25 ( ok not so fast but close) a tight mids and clear and highs are warm soo warm this is the best Headphone to listen at night on the bed so smooth my p5 are warm but lose a lot of detail these DONT
OK they cant have the smoothness of HD 650 or the Clarity and separation of HD 660s BUT what i am saying ??? i compare a 40 euro headphone with all the others?
They are so portable so good that are going next to my loved ones HD 660s and HD 650 thats for sure .
Side by side listening with all the others makes me think that some times price and appearance can fool u .

Enjoy it. After having gotten into a buying spree recently (couple of ppros, ksc75, ktxpro1, shp9500, tascam th02, monoprice 8323 etc etc), today I pulled the trigger on the khp30i as well after seeing nothing but praise for it all over the place... Looking forward to receiving it in a few days.

Sep 8, 2020 at 5:32 AM Post #129 of 354
Enjoy it. After having gotten into a buying spree recently (couple of ppros, ksc75, ktxpro1, shp9500, tascam th02, monoprice 8323 etc etc), today I pulled the trigger on the khp30i as well after seeing nothing but praise for it all over the place... Looking forward to receiving it in a few days.
From all these headphones that u write only shp9500 i had... and to me Koss khp30i are waaaaaay better smoother more correct to my ears headphone . I dont get all that hype about shp9500 and dt990pro i didnt like them ... even if they suprize me at first thinking that they are clear , i couldnt use them more than 30 minutes .

Sep 8, 2020 at 7:22 PM Post #130 of 354

Awesome! So glad that you're enjoying them.

Now, if you want to get them sounding even better (imo), and to also increase comfort even more, then try out the Grado huGe pads mod (completely reversible). You won't of course be able to wear them out in public because they will look so goofy (and you'll look like my dog in my avatar), but we don't care about that, do we?

Sep 9, 2020 at 12:06 PM Post #131 of 354

Now, if you want to get them sounding even better (imo), and to also increase comfort even more, then try out the Grado huGe pads mod (completely reversible). You won't of course be able to wear them out in public because they will look so goofy (and you'll look like my dog in my avatar), but we don't care about that, do we?
Great idea man.

Sep 9, 2020 at 3:41 PM Post #132 of 354

I'm actually looking forward to trying out the Grado G cush mod. In your opinion @waynes world, is the Grado G cush mod better than Yaxi pads?

Sep 9, 2020 at 4:25 PM Post #133 of 354
I'm actually looking forward to trying out the Grado G cush mod. In your opinion @waynes world, is the Grado G cush mod better than Yaxi pads?

I haven't tried the yaxi pads. But because the huGe pads elevate the drivers off of the ears, they result in added air, larger soundstage, and a bit less warmth (but still plenty of warmth and bass). They kind of perfect their sound imo.

Because i like the kph30i's so much, I'll probably get another pair and not put the huGe pads on (or maybe try the yaxi's) so that I can wear them amongst the masses. But the huge pads will always stay close by at my desktop (they love some amping).

Sep 11, 2020 at 12:50 AM Post #134 of 354

I received it today.

First impressions :
* Boomier than *even* the porta pro at the low end. I was expecting it to have slightly less boom/base but it is the other way.
* Has the high end sparkle which is completely absent in the porta pro (which kind of makes the porta pro VERY non-fatiguing). So this makes it like a V headphone.

Somehow I am not blown away (yet). Just like some of the other cans, I think this may grow on me slowly.

I like the super light plastic no frills style, I even removed the soft band so I have a better fit for my head. In addition to the feather light feeling, it stays in place with a very light clamp force which is great!

The inline mic is a great plus (mainly to skip to next track with a double click, play/pause with one click) with my iPhone.

As I am writing this I am listening to music with the ktxpro1 and somehow at this point it seems to be at the top my of my choices (though it was also a bit surprising at the very beginning and it quickly grew on me).

Sep 11, 2020 at 5:36 AM Post #135 of 354
I received it today.

First impressions :
* Boomier than *even* the porta pro at the low end. I was expecting it to have slightly less boom/base but it is the other way.
* Has the high end sparkle which is completely absent in the porta pro (which kind of makes the porta pro VERY non-fatiguing). So this makes it like a V headphone.

Somehow I am not blown away (yet). Just like some of the other cans, I think this may grow on me slowly.

I like the super light plastic no frills style, I even removed the soft band so I have a better fit for my head. In addition to the feather light feeling, it stays in place with a very light clamp force which is great!

The inline mic is a great plus (mainly to skip to next track with a double click, play/pause with one click) with my iPhone.

As I am writing this I am listening to music with the ktxpro1 and somehow at this point it seems to be at the top my of my choices (though it was also a bit surprising at the very beginning and it quickly grew on me).

How would you compare the sound signature & comfort of the KTXPro1 vs the KPH30i?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back