Korg MOBILE 1BIT USB-DAC DS-DAC-100m
Feb 12, 2019 at 5:54 PM Post #31 of 44
I bought a Korg DS-DAC-100M recently. I was led to believe it would sound the same as my DA-DAC-10R, but it doesn't quite. It does sound very good though, amazing value at the current price ($99 on Amazon.com). The little Korg makes the same-priced Sabaj D3 I tried previously sound like a toy. My only beef is that it won't work with my Android phone.

Feb 12, 2019 at 10:30 PM Post #32 of 44
I have had mine for a while now, and I use it now and then. I am impressed with the software for it than can up sample sources up to 5.6 and 192/24.

Feb 16, 2019 at 4:55 PM Post #33 of 44
The DS-DAC-100m and the GMP 8.35d Mobile combo has become my "transportable rig" for business trip. Perfect for listening in hotel.

I have the exact same setup..Its pretty great! I run my easy to drive cans through the Korg and use the lineout to my ifi micro ican SE for the 100 ohm+ stuff.

Feb 28, 2019 at 4:42 PM Post #34 of 44
My only beef is that it won't work with my Android phone.

Finding this a month earlier would have saved me a lot of effort and a little money. Not to mention time discussing why this otherwise well behaved device refuses to work with mobile devices. Far as I can tell the DAC acting as a dongle key to unlock it for widespread use is at fault. Silly pro audio design considerations standing in the way of perhaps the most sensible use of this device!

Mar 13, 2019 at 10:25 AM Post #41 of 44
I don't know what Korg are thinking. It only makes sense to have your smallest DAC compatible with a mobile phone. I'm not packing my 10R for a trip.

Not servicing Android is stupid too. It's more than half the mobile market.

Mar 13, 2019 at 5:12 PM Post #42 of 44
To be fair when it was released up to this point would have required a large amount of work on their part. When it first hit the market Android audio was not exactly a highly developed market they would have been intelligent to aim for. A buggy battleground slash support nightmare comes closer to depicting that environment.

I believe if they brought it to market today it would be mobile capable.

Mar 13, 2019 at 9:46 PM Post #43 of 44
There are no hardware implications, it's just software. They sell the iPhone app for $14.99. It doesn't seem that they needed much development for that project. They could have, or could now for that matter, provide a new Android version.

Mar 16, 2019 at 5:41 PM Post #44 of 44
There are no hardware implications, it's just software. They sell the iPhone app for $14.99. It doesn't seem that they needed much development for that project. They could have, or could now for that matter, provide a new Android version.

Suppose they understand most consumers buying their DAC are going to use them for needledrops with the desktop program. Excepting iOS customers who tend towards accepting event pricing and showcases. To be fair iOS users did get the short end of the stick for many years per compatibility. Still one can hope for $ (as in single dollars) Android app for people who like to stream music. Or have 500GB of DSD/DXD/lossless high resolution music on their phone.

Thanks for pointing this out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back