Konig Onstage NRG300 DJ & Numark Red Wave DJ Appreciation Thread
May 28, 2012 at 9:38 AM Post #32 of 38
Yea Q40 is also more clear sounding with ZO2.3 but it's not quite as engaging as when using ZO2.1 but I find with ZO2.3 I like it more when listening in low gain than high gain, this means I'll have to put the source volume as high as 60% or so though out of headphone jack compared to 16~17% with high gain. The midrange sounds a little bit more forward in low gain when using ZO2.3 but bass will also be a bit weaker but still plentiful. But with ZO2.1 I get a bit fullier sounding mids & highs still but it's not a night and day difference but big enough to be noteworthy, it sounds a bit laid-back with ZO2.3 and quite forward / "in-your-face" with ZO2.1, since I'm a fan of forward sound it's especially noticable for me. I can't speak for what you like but that's my interpretion about Q40 when comparing ZO2.1 vs ZO2.3.

Jun 15, 2012 at 9:26 AM Post #33 of 38
Well, since I ran out of headphones and this was killing me, I went to a local store and picked up some RELOOP RHP-10. Worth mentioning that these are based on the same drivers as the Numark Red Wave DJ, but with a difference: DEEPER bass. The difference for the Numarks seems to be the frequency response: 3-30.000Hz (Reloop) vs 10-22.000Hz. I think that the factory provides some different tweaks to the driver, but the SQ is similar except for the sub-bass in this particular case. XB500 levels, but with very very good treble (modded with a few holes in the fabric as explained on previous pages), incredibly realistic cymbals with perfect extension and decay. The price: 76 EUROS.

They're the better looking of the 3:

Worth mentioning that Reloop is the most important German brand on the global DJ equipment market thus also taking the leading position among European manufacturers.

Jun 17, 2012 at 3:35 PM Post #35 of 38
Quote:
I think reloop has a new model called the rhp-20... Any chance you could check it out?

I'm also very curious, check my post in the basshead club thread:

Attention fellow bassheads, here's an interesting pair of rather new headphones (entered the market at around November last year) no1 seems to know anything about, any1 willing to do the community a favor? :p

http://www.reloop.com/reloop-rhp-20

Appearently it's bassheavy from a few comments scattered around the net and they appearently seems to not be too bad, youtube users are very questionable but one person thought it sounded a little better than Pioneer HDJ-2000 that most agree are slightly overpriced sound wise. Otherwise they are circumaural design with memory foam pads so comfort should be excellent and at least hinges or the area around it is made of aluminium (but I suspect hybrid metal/plastic design but yea who knows) and the headband of hard rubber so they should be rather durable too. Also comes with detachable cord but it's using mini-XLR connectors to the headphones so it's a bit unusual.

The street price varies a bit but cheapest seems to be around 160~$170 or so maybe which looks very reasonable if it delivers on the SQ front too. It seems to be quite new in the market, who knows, it could be a hidden gem. ;p

TECHNICAL DATA

1. Frequency range: 3 Hz - 30 kHz
  2. Acoustic pressure: 110 dB
  3. Impedance: 25 ohms
  4. Connections: 3.5/6.3 mm jack (gold-plated contacts)
  5. Cord: 3 m (spiral cable)
  6. Weight: 270 g
  7. Incl. high-quality carrying bag

I know specs aren't usually the most accurate but holy **** 3 Hz haha, that's same as for Sony XB700. :p Otherwise 110dB sensitivity and 25 ohms impedance is quite striking too, these should be easy driven.

FEATURES

1. Professional DJ headphones, closed rotary and retractable construction
  2. Convenient rotary mechanism for easy monitoring via one ear cup
  3. Powerful sound for clear frequency separation, optimized for DJs
  4. Comfortable Memory-Foam paddings with finest protein-leather surface
  5. Large cavity for comfortable, closed wear
  6. Parts of the elements with rubber-paint finish
  7. High-quality headband made of robust hard rubber
  8. Solid rotatable and foldable mechanism made of aluminium for maximum steadiness
  9. Flat Comfort construction: Compact and light ear cup chassis
  10. One-sided cable duct with removable mini XLR plug for unproblematic changing of cord
  11. Extremely high output rating
  12. Extremely robust construction for DJs' continuous operation
  13. Elaborate and stylish deluxe headphones

Jun 17, 2012 at 7:10 PM Post #36 of 38
Yes, of course I knew about the RHP-20's and I almost bought them on a local store here in Portugal. Have no chance to audition them though. Maybe soon. Concerning the comparison with the HDJ2000's, I doubt it. I think they are using the same driver of the RHP-10, but this is just me speculating.

Jan 10, 2013 at 10:07 PM Post #38 of 38
How does the bass on these compare to the bass on the XB500, and XB1000?

Is there any difference between the   Reloop RHP-10 and 

[size=1.7em] Numark RED WAVE and the Konig headphones? They sell for different prices.[/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back