Koala Problem in Australia
Mar 8, 2009 at 9:55 AM Post #16 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by dj_mocok /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know if it's true or not, but one day a guy pissed off a sleeping Koala. At first the guy thought he could get away with it. 2 Weeks later, his ATM card was stolen and all his money in his account was withdrawn. Man I would never piss a Koala.

LOL!!

Mar 9, 2009 at 8:28 AM Post #17 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by Suntory_Times /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Koalas can be feroucios, and I would never want to get in the way of one. True they sleep for around 21hours a day, but when they want to, they can move quickly.

too right they can; NEVER turn your back on a koala, those claws are very good at tearing open stomachs. Its a little known fact that koalas are responsible for the eradication of the Tassie devil in mainland Australia

Mar 9, 2009 at 8:43 AM Post #18 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
too right they can; NEVER turn your back on a koala, those claws are very good at tearing open stomachs. Its a little known fact that koalas are responsible for the eradication of the Tassie devil in mainland Australia

I'm not sure if that's serious but there kind of like bruce banner. They look weak and unassuming. But you wouldn't like them when there angry (I actually had one right outside my window this morning). There so cwute.

Mar 9, 2009 at 9:50 AM Post #20 of 59
Australia has some of the cutest and mostly harmless fuzzy animals in the world.

Only to be balanced by some of the most aggressive and deadliest in the world.

My personal favorite, the Sydney Funnel Web Spider. <shudder>

-Ed

Mar 9, 2009 at 11:46 AM Post #21 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by dj_mocok /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I didn't know piranhas eat other piranhas. I thought only Kangaroos do that.

If there is nothing else to eat, piranha will eat each other. I know two people who have aquariums with piranha, and both have had occurrences of cannibalism. It typically occurs when the owner is on vacation, and didn't leave enough goldfish in the tank.

No matter how many you start with, eventually you will have only one.

Mar 9, 2009 at 12:13 PM Post #22 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by beerguy0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If there is nothing else to eat, piranha will eat each other. I know two people who have aquariums with piranha, and both have had occurrences of cannibalism. It typically occurs when the owner is on vacation, and didn't leave enough goldfish in the tank.

No matter how many you start with, eventually you will have only one.

Hm. Must be the unpopular one.

Mar 9, 2009 at 12:31 PM Post #23 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by Suntory_Times /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not sure if that's serious but there kind of like bruce banner. They look weak and unassuming. But you wouldn't like them when there angry (I actually had one right outside my window this morning). There so cwute.

ohh come-on man; that joke was for the non-natives to bite on
tongue.gif
but you are absolutely right; they are nasty little grumpy felas when they are pissed.

Quote:

Australia has some of the cutest and mostly harmless fuzzy animals in the world.

Only to be balanced by some of the most aggressive and deadliest in the world.

My personal favorite, the Sydney Funnel Web Spider. <shudder>

-Ed

forget that; try the inland taipan (fear snake), seasnake, whitetail spider <- the white-tail spider has venom which is basically a biological weapon; it contains bacteria that basically rots you away slowly. the cute animals are out gunned by the deadly ones. luckily its only ones like the funnel web, redback and a few others that hang out in suburban areas. or the box jellyfish and its cousin the irikangi jellyfish

Mar 9, 2009 at 9:59 PM Post #24 of 59
Just to go a little off-topic: Is the rabbit that the English pirates let loose in Australia still alive?

Mar 9, 2009 at 10:10 PM Post #25 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ohh come-on man; that joke was for the non-natives to bite on
tongue.gif
but you are absolutely right; they are nasty little grumpy felas when they are pissed.

forget that; try the inland taipan (fear snake), seasnake, whitetail spider <- the white-tail spider has venom which is basically a biological weapon; it contains bacteria that basically rots you away slowly. the cute animals are out gunned by the deadly ones. luckily its only ones like the funnel web, redback and a few others that hang out in suburban areas. or the box jellyfish and its cousin the irikangi jellyfish

And the Blue Ring Octopus.

Mar 9, 2009 at 10:57 PM Post #26 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by HippieTom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just to go a little off-topic: Is the rabbit that the English pirates let loose in Australia still alive?

I think one of the ferocious koalas got him a few years back.

Mar 10, 2009 at 12:23 AM Post #27 of 59
Mar 10, 2009 at 6:33 AM Post #28 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by HippieTom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yep. They evolved here and now they are called poms.

Mar 10, 2009 at 6:56 AM Post #30 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You guys can't beat this latest news from Australia:

Man ejects intruding kangaroo - UPI.com

Yeah, I think I would be more inclined to just call the cops then gone and got a drink at the closest bar.

And some pictures for some reason I don't now what is.
funny-pictures-kangaroo-fighter-zMc.jpg

wt-kangaroo.jpg

funnyKangaroo.jpg

australianbob128546259131697500.jpg

KOALA_3.preview.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back