Koala Problem in Australia
Mar 7, 2009 at 8:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 59

dj_mocok

Headphoneus Supremus
And these are just the ones at the zoo. What about the wild ones then?

Untitled-1.jpg

Mar 7, 2009 at 10:10 AM Post #5 of 59
Not to mention the hallucinogenic properties of the toxic terpenes in the leaves of eucalyptus trees. The only thing that they eat.

Mar 7, 2009 at 1:14 PM Post #7 of 59
Credit to the Koalas, the last time I was drunk in a tree it did not end well...

Mar 7, 2009 at 1:32 PM Post #8 of 59
Yeah, it's a good thing if they weren't so cute, humans would have wiped them out like the Dodo, Elephant Bird and various other rare animals not so cute. Maybe even poachers or humans who for some reason have incredible hatred for nature, also cannot fire a gun at a Koala! When lazy cuteness becomes an evolutionary break through,
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 7, 2009 at 1:44 PM Post #9 of 59
couldnt agree more, koalas and pandas. both are the most ridiculously fussy eaters and by all rights should be near first on the evolutionary chopping block but there is no way that the countrys respective governments or populations could ever allow them to die out. im telling you both will last as long as we do

Mar 8, 2009 at 7:17 AM Post #11 of 59
Koalas can be feroucios, and I would never want to get in the way of one. True they sleep for around 21hours a day, but when they want to, they can move quickly.

Mar 8, 2009 at 7:31 AM Post #12 of 59
Not as ferocious as Drop-bears though!!! I had one of those gnaw clean through my sleeping bag once.

Mar 8, 2009 at 8:53 AM Post #13 of 59
I don't know if it's true or not, but one day a guy pissed off a sleeping Koala. At first the guy thought he could get away with it. 2 Weeks later, his ATM card was stolen and all his money in his account was withdrawn. Man I would never piss a Koala.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back