Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Apr 6, 2024 at 8:55 AM Post #63,707 of 63,917
CCA Trio is really a good iem, without any big default, after more than 50 hours of burning, with nice impact on the bass, even in UDDD switch.
It is also quite easy to drive. It makes a good ring with my LG V30.

Apr 7, 2024 at 10:11 AM Post #63,709 of 63,917
Trio/Black Cat continues to impress, this is wonderful:

Apr 8, 2024 at 8:19 PM Post #63,710 of 63,917
Finally got this done bro. I can't thank you enough. I'm loving these. Just got these Dunu tips in also. I'm so impressed. They are ****ing smooth now, warmer. OMG just in heaven lol THANK YOU
In Regards to the PR2 v2 tuning mod, I just did a simpler approach and found some random foam (i.e koss headphone foam) cut it up to size and stuffed it loosely inside the nozzle, then just recapped it using the original mesh filter. This seemed to work well for me, best of all it was free and minimal effort. You can experiment with the amount of foam required to your liking.

Apr 9, 2024 at 6:05 AM Post #63,711 of 63,917
Great looking iems, hope it sounds great

Apr 9, 2024 at 7:24 AM Post #63,712 of 63,917
Yea just saw the ZS10 PRO 2 ad... So far I've only had experience with the original ZS10, and the ZS 5 + 6 and the 6 sounds way better to me than the ZS10. I heard the ZS10 Pro is very highly regarded, and this next gen is likely even better (although NOT always the case with KZ!) But I already own the symphony which is hands down the most musical earbud or maybe even speaker I've ever heard, so I'm not sure if I need to get this, even though it has tuning switches lol. (I almost wish the Symphony had tuning switches because as much as I like bass, that subwoofer inside really stomps on your eardrums at times a BIT too much haha) I'm still interested in the AS24, but that's 3 times the price of this new ZS10 Pro 2. hmmmm

Apr 9, 2024 at 7:32 AM Post #63,713 of 63,917
Yea just saw the ZS10 PRO 2 ad... So far I've only had experience with the original ZS10, and the ZS 5 + 6 and the 6 sounds way better to me than the ZS10. I heard the ZS10 Pro is very highly regarded, and this next gen is likely even better (although NOT always the case with KZ!) But I already own the symphony which is hands down the most musical earbud or maybe even speaker I've ever heard, so I'm not sure if I need to get this, even though it has tuning switches lol. (I almost wish the Symphony had tuning switches because as much as I like bass, that subwoofer inside really stomps on your eardrums at times a BIT too much haha) I'm still interested in the AS24, but that's 3 times the price of this new ZS10 Pro 2. hmmmm
ZS10Pro is a legend in Chifi
ZS10Pro X is very favorably reviewed, tough it was an old 1 Main DD + 4 flavouring BA tuning. (KZ's last unit with such tuning i think, the rest went on proper crossover)

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 9, 2024 at 7:38 AM Post #63,714 of 63,917
May I respectfully recommend the CCA Trio? It has a well balanced sound with excellent technicalities and good treble extension and a very wide soundstage.

Apr 9, 2024 at 7:41 AM Post #63,715 of 63,917
May I respectfully recommend the CCA Trio? It has a well balanced sound with excellent technicalities and good treble extension and a very wide soundstage.
still very much enjoying my CCA Trio (finally arrive right before my holiday season).

I consider castor obliterating sub$15 market and wish for an upgrade from that line. Trio is basically IT.

Apr 9, 2024 at 8:17 AM Post #63,716 of 63,917
and please stop doing catch all advertising like this. be a bit more specific on what it trying to do.
I dont think they are reading this thread tbh, so...

Apr 9, 2024 at 12:01 PM Post #63,719 of 63,917
Maybe the ZS10 Pro 2 is an improved ZAT at lower price and + 2 BAs. I say this because that upper treble on their published ZS10 Pro 2 graph reminded me of the ZAT’s.

Apr 9, 2024 at 12:06 PM Post #63,720 of 63,917
Maybe the ZS10 Pro 2 is an improved ZAT at lower price and + 2 BAs. I say this because that upper treble on their published ZS10 Pro 2 graph reminded me of the ZAT’s.
10 mm DD will might make a big difference 8 mm DD in the perceived bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back