Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jan 31, 2024 at 1:43 AM Post #63,451 of 63,917
When even your worst critics love it...

1706683371768.png

Jan 31, 2024 at 4:50 AM Post #63,452 of 63,917
Jan 31, 2024 at 7:00 AM Post #63,453 of 63,917
Arrived today: CCA Trio 3 x 8mm DD with switches. Impressions soon.
I am dying, waiting for your review, before pulling the trigger. I think I have similar opinion with you on the PR3.

The reason I am hesitate this time because I doubt triple DD can have similar technicalities like planars.

Just received the Aoshida E20. The sound is definitely similar to Castor silver 1111. Technicality is very on-par. However, I don't like its timbre. Too thin and artificial for me. The only good things are its accessories and cable...
IMG_20240131_123929.jpg

Jan 31, 2024 at 8:21 AM Post #63,454 of 63,917
It's awesome to see many pro esports players rocking KZ's IEM in the competition. Huge congrats to the players for their achievements in the game! If you're a gamer, don't miss out on these—they can amp up your gaming with clearer footsteps and a more detailed experience.
🌈
✨

AS16 Pro:https://www.kztws.com/products/kz-as16-pro
ZS10 Pro X:https://www.kztws.com/products/kz-zs10-pro-x1706694468196.png
Same here.
I play with my CCA NRA ..
even if I'm (very) far from being a professional gamer :wink:

Jan 31, 2024 at 10:54 PM Post #63,456 of 63,917
Hey guys,

If I were to buy a magnetic planar IEM between the PR2, PR3 and CCA PLA13, which one would you recommend? Reason for mentioning these three is because I'm from India, and these are the three that are available here.

After reading up a lot, I know about the QC issues of PR3 and everyone is saying we don't know whether one will get a good set or a set with problems. Hence, I'm thinking of ruling out PR3. So now only the PR2 and PLA13 remain. I don't know which version of PR2 the seller has. I guess I can only come to know after I buy it and open it up.

What would you recommend?

About dongles, I have a JM6 Pro and a DC03 Pro, so I don't think I'll have a problem of powering any of these IEMs.

Thanks in advance for the help :)

Jan 31, 2024 at 11:02 PM Post #63,457 of 63,917
Hey guys,

If I were to buy a magnetic planar IEM between the PR2, PR3 and CCA PLA13, which one would you recommend? Reason for mentioning these three is because I'm from India, and these are the three that are available here.

After reading up a lot, I know about the QC issues of PR3 and everyone is saying we don't know whether one will get a good set or a set with problems. Hence, I'm thinking of ruling out PR3. So now only the PR2 and PLA13 remain. I don't know which version of PR2 the seller has. I guess I can only come to know after I buy it and open it up.

What would you recommend?

About dongles, I have a JM6 Pro and a DC03 Pro, so I don't think I'll have a problem of powering any of these IEMs.

Thanks in advance for the help :)
What kind of sound sig you like?

If you like Bassy iem, get PR1 Balanced.
If you like V shape iem with vocal taking a step back, get PR1 Pro.
If you like more less bassy, more balanced tuning, with vocal slightly on the front, get PR2.
PR2 is a mixed bag, especially about the treble. i'm pretty treble sensitive, i didn't have much issue with my V2 (i uses eartips either Final E or Dunu S&S)

Or if you wanna undisputely good iem, try to hunt for Wu Zetian.

Jan 31, 2024 at 11:11 PM Post #63,458 of 63,917
What kind of sound sig you like?

If you like Bassy iem, get PR1 Balanced.
If you like V shape iem with vocal taking a step back, get PR1 Pro.
If you like more less bassy, more balanced tuning, with vocal slightly on the front, get PR2.
PR2 is a mixed bag, especially about the treble. i'm pretty treble sensitive, i didn't have much issue with my V2 (i uses eartips either Final E or Dunu S&S)

Or if you wanna undisputely good iem, try to hunt for Wu Zetian.
Wu Zetian and PR1 Pro are way out of my budget. I can't even find Wu Zetian here, and the PR1 Pro is double the price of PR2.

Another thing that I wanted to confirm was whether I should rule out PR3. PR3 is actually $12 costlier than PR2 here (in India), and I'm wondering if I'm making a mistake ruling out PR3.

Jan 31, 2024 at 11:13 PM Post #63,459 of 63,917
Wu Zetian and PR1 Pro are way out of my budget. I can't even find Wu Zetian here, and the PR1 Pro is double the price of PR2.

Another thing that I wanted to confirm was whether I should rule out PR3. PR3 is actually $12 costlier than PR2 here (in India), and I'm wondering if I'm making a mistake ruling out PR3.
Personally i prefer PR2 because it have more forward vocals.

Feb 1, 2024 at 12:55 AM Post #63,461 of 63,917
Thanks. I think I'll go with PR2. Might get lucky and get old stock with black mesh :)
To note, i don't have PR3 so i can't comment on it
It stated to be attempt to fix PR2 and a lighter to driver than PR2.
but few people here have one, you could ask them or look past comment of people who have it and then DM them.

also to note, PR2 is a bit hard to drive. not as crazy like full sized headphone but yeah its harder to driver than most budget iem.

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2024 at 1:32 AM Post #63,462 of 63,917
To note, i don't have PR3 so i can't comment on it
It stated to be attempt to fix PR2 and a lighter to driver than PR2.
but few people here have one, you could ask them or look past comment of people who have it and then DM them.

also to note, PR2 is a bit hard to drive. not as crazy like full sized headphone but yeah its harder to driver than most budget iem.
I had a chat with an audiophile friend of mine. He's from India as well. He said there are too many QC issues with PR2 and PR3. I might also get unlucky and get the non-black mesh PR2. Also, since we don't have any kind of warranty here in India for these costly IEMs, it's better to shell out some more and invest in a PR1 Pro. After doing research and reading a lot, I canceled my PR2 order and got the PR1 Pro.

Thanks a lot for your help :)

Feb 1, 2024 at 2:02 AM Post #63,464 of 63,917
I don't think the first (better) version with the black mesh is available. I wouldn't get my hopes up that they'll ship it to you 🙁.
Yeah man. This was pointed out by a friend. He also pointed out that PR3 has QC issues. So to play it safe, I went with PR1 Pro. I had to pay 40% extra (than what I had anticipated), but I hope it'll be worth it :)

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2024 at 4:45 AM Post #63,465 of 63,917
Yeah man. This was pointed out by a friend. He also pointed out that PR3 has QC issues. So to play it safe, I went with PR1 Pro. I had to pay 40% extra (than what I had anticipated), but I hope it'll be worth it :)
I have pr1 pro, pr2 v1 and pr3. Pr1 Pro is the most enjoyable of them to my ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back