Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jan 25, 2024 at 9:49 AM Post #63,421 of 63,916
Received KZ ZVX that I recently ordered, and frankly speaking I'm stunned by what you can get for what was $6.95, VAT included. The build quality is great, I think it looks much better in person than it does on photos (I have the black version). And of course the sound is also really nice, between ZVX and Chu II I have a hard time deciding which one I like more when it comes to single DD iems I have.

Jan 25, 2024 at 9:56 AM Post #63,422 of 63,916
Received KZ ZVX that I recently ordered, and frankly speaking I'm stunned by what you can get for what was $6.95, VAT included. The build quality is great, I think it looks much better in person than it does on photos (I have the black version). And of course the sound is also really nice, between ZVX and Chu II I have a hard time deciding which one I like more when it comes to single DD iems I have.
Be careful with paint, it comes off pretty easily. Thats the only problem i have with ZVX

Jan 25, 2024 at 10:02 AM Post #63,423 of 63,916
Yeah I can imagine, though that's probably an issue with painted IEMs in general, I read people having that with Chu or Chu II, too.
Speaking of price, I see it's even cheaper now ($6.45), in the "buy 3+ items" ali sale.

Jan 27, 2024 at 11:10 PM Post #63,424 of 63,916
I have been using my KZ ZSN PRO 2 for a week now. I enjoy them only with Spinfit CP155 eartips: treble is bright but does not linger (transients seem to decay faster) as long compared to other eartips I have tried. It might all just be placebo since measurments on my MiniDSP rig don't show a huge difference in FR.

Here a quick comparison with my KZ EDA Bass.

ZSN Pro 2 Left and right channel average using CP155, Starline and Spiral Dot eartips.

KZ ZSN PRO 2 with Spinfit CP155 (Green with KZ Starline (Blue) and with JVC Spiral Dot (Red) E...jpg

ZSN Pro 2 with JVC Spiral Dot eartips left and right channesl.

KZ ZSN PRO 2 with JVC Spirl Dot Eartips Left and Right Channels.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2024 at 5:51 PM Post #63,425 of 63,916
ZSN Pro 2 Left and right channel average using CP155, Starline and Spiral Dot eartips.

ZSN Pro 2 with JVC Spiral Dot eartips left and right channesl.

KZ x CRN with KZ Starline and Unbranded Triple Flange Wide Bore eartips, and KZ ZSN PRO 2 with JVC Spiral Dot; left and right average; 1-12 graph smoothing; MiniDSP ears.KZ x CRN with Starline and Triple Flange Eartips and KZ ZSN PRO 2 with Spiral Dot LeftRight Av...jpg

Jan 29, 2024 at 8:34 AM Post #63,427 of 63,916
Jan 29, 2024 at 1:32 PM Post #63,428 of 63,916
Arrived today: CCA Trio 3 x 8mm DD with switches. Impressions soon.

Attachments

• IMG_20240129_162953.jpg
    IMG_20240129_162953.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240129_162400.jpg
    IMG_20240129_162400.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
Jan 29, 2024 at 5:20 PM Post #63,429 of 63,916
Hullo. :wave: Been away awhile.

Reporting in from down under to let everyone know my AS16 pros have died. Both earpieces have died a bass death. That is, no bass, just distortion in the nether regions. Have no idea how it happened to both. I did drop one earphone on a hard surface from about 30cm this morning. Anyway, not dwelling on it. Curious all the same. :thinking:

So, I have been happy with my IEMs, but I am after a similar sound and detail to the ASX or the ASF which I absolutely love. No treble peak. Lots of detailed bass and details all around. Is there anything around like that these days? Type C connector is important for my AZ09pros and cables. Like the sound of pure BA for the BA bass.

Thanks heaps in advance for any responses.

Jan 29, 2024 at 5:39 PM Post #63,430 of 63,916
Hullo. :wave: Been away awhile.

Reporting in from down under to let everyone know my AS16 pros have died. Both earpieces have died a bass death. That is, no bass, just distortion in the nether regions. Have no idea how it happened to both. I did drop one earphone on a hard surface from about 30cm this morning. Anyway, not dwelling on it. Curious all the same. :thinking:

So, I have been happy with my IEMs, but I am after a similar sound and detail to the ASX or the ASF which I absolutely love. No treble peak. Lots of detailed bass and details all around. Is there anything around like that these days? Type C connector is important for my AZ09pros and cables. Like the sound of pure BA for the BA bass.

Thanks heaps in advance for any responses.
If you're after an all BA model from KZ, @PhonoPhi is probably the best person to ask. I have the AST which does answer to your description, though.

Jan 29, 2024 at 9:37 PM Post #63,431 of 63,916
I just had a quick look and I can't see any current offerings. AS24, yeah nah! Not at the prices they are asking anyway :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

AS16Pro is less than what I paid and available but I really didn't absolutely love that IEM. It definitely is a detailed one..

Better baby my last 2 pair of all BA IEMs.

Jan 29, 2024 at 10:03 PM Post #63,432 of 63,916
I just had a quick look and I can't see any current offerings. AS24, yeah nah! Not at the prices they are asking anyway :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

AS16Pro is less than what I paid and available but I really didn't absolutely love that IEM. It definitely is a detailed one..

Better baby my last 2 pair of all BA IEMs.

This is probably not a popular recommendation, but recently I discovered that the CCA A10 (considered one of the worst KZ/CCA all BAs) has pretty good treble presentation (not harsh or piercing) only when used with Truthear Zero long nozzle, wide bore eartips (unfortunately, I don’t know an aftermarket equivalent) In Amazon Canada, they can be had for $40 CAD, maybe cheaper in Australia.

Jan 29, 2024 at 10:06 PM Post #63,433 of 63,916
This is probably not a popular recommendation, but recently I discovered that the CCA A10 (considered one of the worst KZ/CCA all BAs) has pretty good treble presentation (not harsh or piercing) only when used with Truthear Zero long nozzle, wide bore eartips (unfortunately, I don’t know an aftermarket equivalent) In Amazon Canada, they can be had for $40 CAD, maybe cheaper in Australia.
Treble has more sparkle, clarity, definition imo than my AS16 PRO OG and High Impedance.

Jan 29, 2024 at 10:39 PM Post #63,434 of 63,916

Some measurements with my MiniDSP ears if you're interested.

CCA A10 with Starline Eartips - Left (Blue) and Right (Pink) Channels.jpg

CCA A10 with Truthear Long Nozzle, Wide Bore Eartips  - Left (Green) and Right (Red) Channels.jpg

CCA A10 with Truthear Long Nozzle, Wide Bore Eartips (Blue) and KZ Starline Eartips (Red) Left...jpg

Jan 29, 2024 at 10:48 PM Post #63,435 of 63,916
Arrived today: CCA Trio 3 x 8mm DD with switches. Impressions soon.

I thought they're using different size DDs like 12mm for bass + 8mm for fullrange mid bass until lower trebles + 6mm for upper treble and extension :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back