Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jan 10, 2024 at 11:51 PM Post #63,347 of 63,917
After the entire fake driver debacle,
KZ focuses their effort to improve their DD quality, tuning, and crossover.
It have great result with the recent crop
Yes. Good on them for continuous improvement. Still some mi's-steps here and there but that's the nature of rapid product development and taking risks and experiments in the live market place. I've been so happy with LingLong, CRA, EDX Ultra, and Castor. Really disliked ASF, ZEX PRO, PR2. Well the PR2 I can listen too but with foams only.

Castor is really astounding for Harman tuning. Build quality just exceptional for the price.

Does KZ have any full metal shell IEMs? I've had great success with those from other manufacturers haha

Jan 11, 2024 at 3:27 AM Post #63,348 of 63,917
Does KZ have any full metal shell IEMs? I've had great success with those from other manufacturers haha
D-fi, ZVX are full metal. Also CCA CXS

Jan 11, 2024 at 10:45 AM Post #63,350 of 63,917
Hmm my PR1 Pro is randomly fading, much softer and blur in output on both side asynchronously, dying?
Tried on different wires and sources.... Barely a year
Check the nozzle filters.... and check the cable and your source.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2024 at 12:16 PM Post #63,351 of 63,917
Hmm my PR1 Pro is randomly fading, much softer and blur in output on both side asynchronously, dying?
Tried on different wires and sources.... Barely a year
My nozzles can get clogged with ear wax, I usually carefully clean them with isopropyl alcohol and a qtip.

Jan 11, 2024 at 12:30 PM Post #63,352 of 63,917
Yes. Good on them for continuous improvement. Still some mi's-steps here and there but that's the nature of rapid product development and taking risks and experiments in the live market place. I've been so happy with LingLong, CRA, EDX Ultra, and Castor. Really disliked ASF, ZEX PRO, PR2. Well the PR2 I can listen too but with foams only.

Castor is really astounding for Harman tuning. Build quality just exceptional for the price.

I never really liked my KZ x CRN/ZEX PRO either, imaging and staging was pretty cramped and had this wall of sound feeling. But I recently tried them with double and triple flange ear tips, and the soundstage, imaging, separation opened up drastically. Double and triple flange ear tips are an acquired taste though; I guess if you have to resort to using these, an iem is a fail. Measurable difference between double flange and stock starline tips on my MiniDSP ears (I will post graphs eventually) should add that the EDX Ultra’s sparkly, metallic treble is really controlled by double flange tips imo.

Jan 13, 2024 at 5:21 PM Post #63,353 of 63,917

Would add the ZS10 Pro X to the like list. Punches way above it's price point.

Jan 15, 2024 at 3:32 AM Post #63,354 of 63,917
Does KZ have any full metal shell IEMs?
KZ's bullet-style Ling Long is metal and their previous planar IEM the PR1 Hifi and i had to mention the old ZES as well, although their older discontinued models like the ZS6 or ED9 and others from years ago had an all metal design ^-^

Ling Long, ZES and PR1 Hifi
image_2024-01-15_163100679.png
ZES.png
image_2024-01-15_163558241.png

i still really like how ZES look in person haha

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2024 at 6:01 AM Post #63,355 of 63,917
KZ's bullet-style Ling Long is metal and their previous planar IEM the PR1 Hifi and i had to mention the old ZES as well, although their older discontinued models like the ZS6 or ED9 and others from years ago had an all metal design ^-^

image_2024-01-15_163100679.png ZES.png image_2024-01-15_163558241.png
KZ D-Fi is a fully metal shell IEM too.

Jan 15, 2024 at 5:38 PM Post #63,356 of 63,917
I never really liked my KZ x CRN/ZEX PRO either, imaging and staging was pretty cramped and had this wall of sound feeling. But I recently tried them with double and triple flange ear tips, and the soundstage, imaging, separation opened up drastically. Double and triple flange ear tips are an acquired taste though; I guess if you have to resort to using these, an iem is a fail. Measurable difference between double flange and stock starline tips on my MiniDSP ears (I will post graphs eventually) should add that the EDX Ultra’s sparkly, metallic treble is really controlled by double flange tips imo.
Double flange was my recommendation for old ZS5.
It smoothen the harshness, get better staging and make it sound abit more natural.
tough yeah, its different in usage feel and fairly more expensive than standard eartips.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2024 at 2:51 AM Post #63,359 of 63,917
New CCA IEM with 3DD (+4 switch) config is coming

1705391419168.jpeg

no additional info yet.
currently wondering whether this uses the new gen DD that recently used in ZSN2 or uses the older "legendary" DD that is in CXS?
"High freq division" possibly means there is dedicated treble DD?
and diversified tuning could be thesaurus for adjustable tuning switches or entirely new tuning sig hence diversified from usual KZ tuning?

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2024 at 2:56 AM Post #63,360 of 63,917

image_2024-01-15_163100679.png ZES.png

Just off my head(Detachable ones). ZS7, ZS6, ZSA, BA10, D-Fi, ZVX, CCA CXS.....

PR1 unfortunately is not fully made of metal. They've got metal faceplate + silver painted inner shells.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back