Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Dec 31, 2023 at 3:57 PM Post #63,331 of 64,286
Year-end comment…

I regularly buy KZ/CCA IEMs: I counted 32x since 2019, with a median price of $16. These are mostly “impulse” purchases, but overall, I haven't been disappointed: I like the “discovering” aspect, each IEM has its unique sound, even if I don’t like it in the end.
But I have to admit it’s hard to keep up with the constant flow of new models !!!

So here’s a proposal for the KZ Marketing team: what about a subscription plan? I’ll pay $75/year, and get one new KZ/CCA model every 3 months…. Deal?

Dec 31, 2023 at 9:51 PM Post #63,332 of 64,286
Here's a review of the CCA Rhapsody: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/cca-rhapsody.26857/reviews#review-32579

CCA 1.jpeg

Pros:
Solid build
Tuning switches offer versatility in sonics
Moderately easy to drive
Musical laid-back tuning
Smooth and suitable for treble-sensitive peeps
Decent timbre for a hybrid
Lush and thick signature

Cons:
Barebones accessories
May be uncomfortable due to chunky shells
Shells are fingerprint/scratch magnets
Weak technical chops
Slow ponderous bass which isn't too textured
Not for trebleheads

CCA Rhapsody.jpg

Jan 2, 2024 at 6:08 PM Post #63,333 of 64,286
apparently KZ ZSN 2 are using a new DD,

per Hifri description, it was a new construction DD with "floating wires" or without wiring being glued to the diaphragm which may cause them to be a bit unbalanced.
this type new gen DD apparently also used in Galileo. same type but different dd, mind you.
apparently the shell construction also different, with Tyvan noted that its now fully automated with much lower unit variation.

and the ZSN2 review mostly praise the DD works (bass and mids) but fairly splitted on the bellsings 30095 BA performance.
---

1704236965999.png

1704237163275.png

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2024 at 6:20 AM Post #63,334 of 64,286
Just listening to Handshake With Hell from Arch Enemy on the freshly received KZ ZSN Pro 2 (got the silver one, looks elegant): I like it ! I gave it Tangzu Sancai Wide bore tips: treble needs a bit more emphasized, but the bass is lovely. Both kind of singing sounds good to me. Tested with the freshly arrived iBasso DC03 Pro.

Package is usual KZ: cheap small box, 3 pairs of eartips (whose I do not care) and cheap cable. I am not complaining: for 16 USD this is very OK for me.

BTW, the surprise package was properly christmas-wrapped and contained a 14USD value coupon for AS24 (both normal and switch versions) (usable only on www.kztws.com site): "AS24 XMAS". I have no idea how long the cupon is valid but worked the time of writing.

If you have question about kztws.com then let me say site is valid: I have 6 fulfilled orders from them: zero problem. Zero affiliation with KZ, I am a normal buyer.

Jan 3, 2024 at 9:07 PM Post #63,335 of 64,286
apparently KZ ZSN 2 are using a new DD,

per Hifri description, it was a new construction DD with "floating wires" or without wiring being glued to the diaphragm which may cause them to be a bit unbalanced.
this type new gen DD apparently also used in Galileo. same type but different dd, mind you.
apparently the shell construction also different, with Tyvan noted that its now fully automated with much lower unit variation.

and the ZSN2 review mostly praise the DD works (bass and mids) but fairly splitted on the bellsings 30095 BA performance.
---

1704236965999.png
1704237163275.png
Fully automatic production of speakers means higher consistency and that is the top in the entire industry.

Jan 9, 2024 at 8:06 PM Post #63,340 of 64,286
I just received KZ-Castor

My last KZ was ZS5 and I am really impressed for 15 dollars. I am playing them with Aiyima A5-PRO and they sound as good as my Takstar Pro 82.

Moreover, they are beautiful!

Thanks for people comments and reviews, great community.

Have a good day all :)
which castor you are getting? the bass or harman?
both are great in their own way tough

Jan 9, 2024 at 9:30 PM Post #63,342 of 64,286
"CCA Rhapsody x HBB Review"

Please avoid this kind of title for a third party review,
Third party review need that image of independent review even if they got free unit samples.
The title felt like its a commissioned/paid feature article than independent review.

My go to is simply,

"CCA Rhapsody review by HBB."

Little difference, i know.
but there is a BIG implication in that little difference.

Jan 10, 2024 at 2:01 AM Post #63,344 of 64,286
I went with harman, not played with switches yet, but holly cow, KZ has improved a lot in the last 7 years!!
Do you know 7 years in KZ world is very long time?

Jan 10, 2024 at 2:26 AM Post #63,345 of 64,286

Users who are viewing this thread

Back