Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Dec 8, 2023 at 4:23 AM Post #63,301 of 63,883
First time i recieved not what i ordered. Bought CCA Polaris but got Pianist :D nozzle is very long. By first impressions its very clean sounding iem, not a lot of bass.
from where did you but it from,
if you get it from KZTWS.com and still have the receipt, you could email Judy@KZHIFI.Com.
and ask for replacement.

Dec 8, 2023 at 4:31 AM Post #63,302 of 63,883
from where did you but it from,
if you get it from KZTWS.com and still have the receipt, you could email Judy@KZHIFI.Com.
and ask for replacement.
AliExpress, KZ Franchised store. To be honest im fine with it :D I just ordered Polaris from different store, it will be faster

Dec 8, 2023 at 5:00 AM Post #63,303 of 63,883
AliExpress, KZ Franchised store. To be honest im fine with it :D I just ordered Polaris from different store, it will be faster
ah, just reminder.
The official store of KZ (that Judy email works on)
is the KZTWS.com and KZofficialstore on aliexpress
---
KZFranchisedStore, KZGlobalStore, and others are third party.
They are often cheaper than the official stores but yeah, it won't come with the warranty support if things went wrong.
so proceed with caution.

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2023 at 5:13 AM Post #63,304 of 63,883
ah, just reminder.
The official store of KZ (that Judy email works on)
is the KZTWS.com and KZofficialstore on aliexpress
---
KZFranchisedStore, KZGlobalStore, and others are third party.
They are often cheaper than the official stores but yeah, it won't come with the warranty support if things went wrong.
so proceed with caution.
For some reason i cant find CCA Rhapsody on AliExpress in KZ official store. Dont know if there are CCA official. I ordered it from DD audio store. Is it here for you?

Dec 8, 2023 at 5:38 AM Post #63,306 of 63,883
still getting impressed by the PR3 with Tanchjim tip. Size L is better since its nozzle is on the small side and not stretching the silicone tip big enough.

I use it for hours everyday 😂.

Nice, I understand you mean the T300B bass enhancing tip? I'm waiting on BGVP model E01 which is supposed to have the same function of improving bass and reducing treble. And is much cheaper, but who knows if it's any good :relaxed:

Dec 8, 2023 at 6:10 AM Post #63,307 of 63,883
Nice, I understand you mean the T300B bass enhancing tip? I'm waiting on BGVP model E01 which is supposed to have the same function of improving bass and reducing treble. And is much cheaper, but who knows if it's any good :relaxed:
I use treble enhance tip, but it also boosts the bass, thanks for the soft outer silicone :)).

This one is very famous here. Its price is also okay, around $1 for a pair.

https://shp.ee/9yhrf4y
https://shp.ee/f6yu3q6

Dec 11, 2023 at 2:48 AM Post #63,308 of 63,883
I've spent a little more time with Rhapsody and already understand why some people don't like their sound. Rhapsody with all switches turned up sounds bad. The sound is too hot, too strong both at the bottom and at the top. Critical is the 4th switch, it's the one that affects it the most.
So far only the situation with all switches down is comfortable. Unfortunately, a lot of detail is lost. However, as I have adjusted them for myself, they are still good iems

Dec 12, 2023 at 3:25 AM Post #63,309 of 63,883
Are there any visual differences between CRA and CRA v2? I want to understand which version i have

Dec 12, 2023 at 9:24 AM Post #63,310 of 63,883
The weight difference between PR2 and rhapsody is 2g (7 vs 9g). But look how much it protrudes out with it's long nozzle. This causes a lot of strain in the ear.

IMG_20231212_130711.jpg

IMG_20231212_130818.jpg

Dec 12, 2023 at 10:17 AM Post #63,311 of 63,883
The weight difference between PR2 and rhapsody is 2g (7 vs 9g). But look how much it protrudes out with it's long nozzle. This causes a lot of strain in the ear.

I think the ideal nozzle length is very personal, I like IEMs with long nozzles as AS16pro.
I use them with a small tip while short ones, as PR3, I use the large tips.
These long nozzles give me a much better noise isolation.

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2023 at 2:26 AM Post #63,312 of 63,883
Received my KZ Castor Bass Edition a few weeks ago from the 11.11 sales day. I’ve been comparing it a lot to my KZ ZS10 Pro X. I think the Castor has better timbre and sounds a bit more cohesive/musical. The ZS10 Pro X seems to handle complex music slightly better but at a cost of its timbre in comparison. I’m relatively happy with both but the Castor is ridiculous for the $13-ish price I paid for it.

I really like the Castor with UDUD - I bought these solely for bass enjoyment as I have other balanced sets. But a cool thing I discovered for myself while tip rolling was that I can use large than usual ear tips for a less deep fit while still retaining satisfactory levels of bass. YMMV and all, but these IMO sound fantastic for larger ear tips so long as you can maintain a seal and manage your comfort level. I generally prefer SS, S and sometimes M eartips. Rarely do I use large eartips.

FWIW, I’m using ML Azla Sednaearfits. I bought these when I first started buying aftermarket ear tips but I haven’t gotten a lot of use from them until now. The cable is a XINHS balanced also picked up during the sale.

IMG_3270.jpeg

Dec 13, 2023 at 2:28 AM Post #63,313 of 63,883
Received my KZ Castor Bass Edition a few weeks ago from the 11.11 sales day. I’ve been comparing it a lot to my KZ ZS10 Pro X. I think the Castor has better timbre and sounds a bit more cohesive/musical. The ZS10 Pro X seems to handle complex music slightly better but at a cost of its timbre in comparison. I’m relatively happy with both but the Castor is ridiculous for the $13-ish price I paid for it.

I really like the Castor with UDUD - I bought these solely for bass enjoyment as I have other balanced sets. But a cool thing I discovered for myself while tip rolling was that I can use large than usual ear tips for a less deep fit while still retaining satisfactory levels of bass. YMMV and all, but these IMO sound fantastic for larger ear tips so long as you can maintain a seal and manage your comfort level. I generally prefer SS, S and sometimes M eartips. Rarely do I use large eartips.

FWIW, I’m using ML Azla Sednaearfits. I bought these when I first started buying aftermarket ear tips but I haven’t gotten a lot of use from them until now. The cable is a XINHS balanced also picked up during the sale.

IMG_3270.jpeg
Can you compare it to CA Honeydew?

Dec 13, 2023 at 4:20 AM Post #63,314 of 63,883
Can you compare it to CA Honeydew?

Sure.

My tips of choice for the CA Honeydew are CA Marshmallows. One thing about the the CA Honeydew is that I have had fit issues with it. The shells of the CA Honeydew are extremely light. Foams allow me to keep them in place while still maintaining a seal. The other thing is the angle of the shells or nozzle. I have a hard time with silicone tips staying in my ears and maintaining a seal. I don’t think foams sound the best but with silicone tips like Spinfit 145s, they sound extremely good but I can’t move around much with out losing the seal. Even the ML Azla doesn’t stay in place for long.

With that being said, I think the CA Honeydew is warmer sounding than the Castor. The bass also feels slightly slower, sluggish. But then the treble resolution is slightly less grainy in comparison to the Castor. Treble sounds more mature with the Honeydew. But vocals are much more recessed on the Honeydew with foams. This, I think, can be addressed better with silicone tips but again, I have had personal fit issues with silicones so YMMV.

The KZ Castor is a bargain in comparison to the Honeydew, no doubt.

Edit: Bass Quanity - Honeydew > Castor. The Honeydew, with foams, is almost bass insane.

IMG_3271.jpeg

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2023 at 7:46 AM Post #63,315 of 63,883
Been listening to CCA Pianist for whole day today. I think its good for acoustic songs, some orchestra and for female vocals. I am not sure if i can explain what i feel, but in energetic songs (post hardcore, heavy metal, etc (Tremonti, Darkest Hour, Trivium for example) it sounds clamped(jammed?) and feels like sound is concentrated in one place. Its like stage have length but there is no height.

Maybe its a fit problem, i tried a lot of tips, best result was with moondrop tips, because it let me put iems deeper.

PS: is it okay to discuss CCA here or should i go to CCA thread?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back