Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Dec 6, 2023 at 5:25 AM Post #63,286 of 63,919
Dec 6, 2023 at 4:37 PM Post #63,287 of 63,919
Has anyone ordered this model? It seems to be an upgraded version, again lol, now called EDX PRO X. Glad to see something without switches, cuz they give me amxiety. Black and blue are amazing btw!

edx.jpg

gra.jpg

Dec 6, 2023 at 4:41 PM Post #63,288 of 63,919
Has anyone ordered this model? It seems to be an upgraded version, again lol, now called EDX PRO X.

You shouldn't read their "pro" or "x" or "ultra" models as an "upgrade", but as "different", that's all there is to it.

Dec 7, 2023 at 9:09 AM Post #63,293 of 63,919
thin or thick is not the real issues, I think you should check the graph. Harsh driver results in a harsh sound, particularly at normal or high volume.
Another issue is it's a bit heavy. Causing lot of strain while listening even for an hour.

Dec 7, 2023 at 10:39 AM Post #63,294 of 63,919
Has anyone ordered this model? It seems to be an upgraded version, again lol, now called EDX PRO X. Glad to see something without switches, cuz they give me amxiety. Black and blue are amazing btw!

You mean incoming KZ EDX PRO X - MAX ULTRA 'LIMITED EDITION' × ALASKAGOODKID Collaboration? 😆

Jokes aside I was never a big fan of KZ single DD, YMMV.

Dec 7, 2023 at 11:07 AM Post #63,295 of 63,919
I'm listening the first hour to my Rhapsody - I bought them after Akros review. I like what I hear. They don't have the nervousness of the Pianists in the higher registers, but still have great separation. In the DDDD setting they are neither too bassy nor too bright.
In my opinion, the modified Simgots EA500 are still better (mainly because great timbre), but those need modification to not be harsh. The Rhapsody for me is definitely better without mods. I also think they have a slight advantage over the XSL X-One, which are similarly priced, but that may be a matter of taste, XSL is a bit treble shy.
Good set. Well done KZ/CCA.

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2023 at 2:01 PM Post #63,296 of 63,919
I have a poco F1 to drive my future Castor... Any usb c dac which do you recommend?

Thanks
Depends on your budget and what features you want (seperate cable, MQA, balanced). Also whether you like a warmer, brighter or uncoloured tone.

Consider a Bluetooth receiver like one of the Fiio BTR series. Slight drop in quality but better convenience outside the house.

For what it's worth, I use BTR3K or FC3 off my phone. :ksc75smile:

Dec 7, 2023 at 11:23 PM Post #63,298 of 63,919
I'm listening the first hour to my Rhapsody - I bought them after Akros review. I like what I hear. They don't have the nervousness of the Pianists in the higher registers, but still have great separation. In the DDDD setting they are neither too bassy nor too bright.
In my opinion, the modified Simgots EA500 are still better (mainly because great timbre), but those need modification to not be harsh. The Rhapsody for me is definitely better without mods. I also think they have a slight advantage over the XSL X-One, which are similarly priced, but that may be a matter of taste, XSL is a bit treble shy.
Good set. Well done KZ/CCA.
I can hear the odd timbre if any of the treble switches is on. Currently enjoying on UDDD setting.

Dec 8, 2023 at 1:37 AM Post #63,299 of 63,919
I did a quick comparison with the Juzear 41T today, since the Rhapsody has been highly bid. The main difference between these hybrids is the sound texture.
The Juzear has a more real instrument sound, which is also freer and richer, and bit more holographic. As with the Simgot EA500, the Rhapsody turns out to be technically excellent, tonally very good and a joy to listen to, but it doesn't have such a natural timbre. The sound is a bit less emotional, giving the impression of being a bit technical, duller.
In my opinion, the Juzear are an upgrade worth adding a few dollars (for something that can be end game material). The Juzear are also more mid-range playing (with exception, because for some low end can be not satisfying with quantity), but they don't do it in a boring way like the Hexa, at least for me.

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2023 at 4:02 AM Post #63,300 of 63,919
First time i recieved not what i ordered. Bought CCA Polaris but got Pianist :D nozzle is very long. By first impressions its very clean sounding iem, not a lot of bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back