Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Nov 22, 2023 at 10:31 PM Post #63,076 of 63,884
I could be wrong but try Penon, the it's extremely well known in the community. I believe they have a right angle version,believe it or not. I'm not a betting man but for some reason I think I'm right. Good luck BigE
I just read it I forgot to put Penon, the store. Again I could be wrong but I swear I saw what not too long ago I might have even ordered it. You have to forgive me I'm pretty beat up. Good hunting good luck BigE

Nov 22, 2023 at 10:56 PM Post #63,078 of 63,884
Does anyone know if it is possible to get a 2.5mm to 2.5mm balanced 30 ohm adaptor?
Oh I checked and they have 25 50 75 and 100 ohms. They might be out of the 75. I don't know if my post for this disappear or not but I hope. I didn't know how to copy and paste the page I'm sorry. But again they make their own line of headphones they're famous they're dependable operation. Take care Erik

Nov 22, 2023 at 11:36 PM Post #63,079 of 63,884
I could be wrong but try Penon, the it's extremely well known in the community. I believe they have a right angle version,believe it or not. I'm not a betting man but for some reason I think I'm right. Good luck BigE

It is Penon.
Right angle impedance adapter

I only know because I bookmarked them after someone posted link in another thread recently. :ksc75smile:

Nov 23, 2023 at 5:16 AM Post #63,080 of 63,884
Nov 23, 2023 at 7:03 AM Post #63,081 of 63,884
AS24's beautiful 3D-printed internal structure.

IMG_20231123_101309.jpg

Nov 23, 2023 at 11:41 AM Post #63,084 of 63,884
If i recalled it right, KZ rep stated it was marketing dept mistake, it should be 1x 50024s and 2x 30019s.
the early marketing shown the 2 x 50024s

also, this ZS10Prox is still using KZ older 1 Main DD + 4 Flavouring BAs config. instead of each having their own segment

It would've been understandable if not for the fact, that this supposedly incorrect description and images are, as I mentioned before, what is currently displayed on the product's description on KZ's website.

Said marketing department must suck really really badly if they're unable to fix this for how long, a year at this point? I do indeed think that redesigning the whole shell to fit a different BA configuration doesn't make sense from KZ's cost cutting stealth revision standpoint, so you must be right about it being a mistake, but oh boy, to not be able to fix it for this long....

Nov 23, 2023 at 1:55 PM Post #63,087 of 63,884
It would've been understandable if not for the fact, that this supposedly incorrect description and images are, as I mentioned before, what is currently displayed on the product's description on KZ's website.

Said marketing department must suck really really badly if they're unable to fix this for how long, a year at this point? I do indeed think that redesigning the whole shell to fit a different BA configuration doesn't make sense from KZ's cost cutting stealth revision standpoint, so you must be right about it being a mistake, but oh boy, to not be able to fix it for this long....

Apparently if the marketing people have gone to all the bother of computer generating some really pretty images (that don't accurately reflect reality). Then the "alterative facts" rule applies! :rolling_eyes:

Nov 23, 2023 at 3:09 PM Post #63,090 of 63,884
I am considering whether to place an order for the PR3. Just by the fact that PR2 (V1) is very good IEM imo. However, when I think to myself that they will be too bright set again, I am a bit discouraged. The only overly bright planars I've listened to were the S12, that was no good experience. Unfortunately, but the Harman or the flattened Harman is a reference for a reason. In addition, the large tonal differences do not give possibilities for modding success either. OK.. I think I will wait for the PR3 pro. I don't know for what purpose KZ is releasing such IEM. I guess just to release another version right away and give the impression of development.

Things are similar with the new CCA hybrid. The drivers used as well as the tuning do not guarantee any progression against the already previously brilliant HM20..I'll wait quietly for Tony's review, Akros, he discovered this gems long time ago. In the meantime, nothing is prompting me to buy the CCA Rhapsody.
I've owned the S12 and I also have the HM20 for reference. I highly recommend the TinHifi P1 Max Panda. It has such a great relaxed tuning, with plenty of warmth in the bass bleeding into a bit of the lower mid-range. Upper mids are dialed back, with a well extended treble. Combined with the planar driver, the overall sound is just sublime. It has a bit of shallow nozzle fit and somewhat large driver enclosure, but otherwise quite comfy.

While I did enjoy the S12, it had a bit sizzle up top, overall I prefer the tuning of P1 Max, it just has a more full-bodied sound while retaining that transparent planar sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back