Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Nov 22, 2023 at 3:05 AM Post #63,062 of 63,917
Whats the price difference again? same segment?
it would be pretty nice duel
Polaris - 12 usd
7hz Zero - 23 usd

Polaris sounds great. I've done some tweaks with filter and I'm enjoying them a lot. I don't want to say too much, to not make too much hype, but I prefer them to much pricer sets.

Nov 22, 2023 at 3:37 AM Post #63,063 of 63,917
Polaris - 12 usd
7hz Zero - 23 usd

Polaris sounds great. I've done some tweaks with filter and I'm enjoying them a lot. I don't want to say too much, to not make too much hype, but I prefer them to much pricer sets.
considering KZ is hoping for Polaris to become the next CCA CRA, it hopefully great.
but it seems impression so far shaping up to be pretty damn good for the price.

Nov 22, 2023 at 3:50 AM Post #63,065 of 63,917
hype from other brands are okay but hype from KZ is no no here :D
Regardless. We are all different and we like different things for different reasons. Besides, it's easy to get confused in listening.

Nov 22, 2023 at 3:55 AM Post #63,066 of 63,917
hype from other brands are okay but hype from KZ is no no here :D
Their marketing guy meltdown against crin and truthear is pretty infamous case.
not to mention their stealth revision followed by their adamant "its the same thing" and dismissing third party review.
so yeah, their track record in public communication aint great.

But some still follow KZ because of their Performance/Value is among the best in the business.
but yeah, haters abound.

Nov 22, 2023 at 4:26 AM Post #63,067 of 63,917
Their marketing guy meltdown against crin and truthear is pretty infamous case.
not to mention their stealth revision followed by their adamant "its the same thing" and dismissing third party review.
so yeah, their track record in public communication aint great.

But some still follow KZ because of their Performance/Value is among the best in the business.
but yeah, haters abound.
I would say marketing part is the worst thing. Because all of brands had QC problems, including much more expensive ones.

It's almost a common rule in chifi, when something gets into an uncontrollable surge of popularity then the strangest problems arise....

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2023 at 4:48 AM Post #63,068 of 63,917
I had only 1 QC problem with KZ. Right side of KZ ZEX was very quiet, like if main driver wasnt working at all. I have 20+ KZ/CCA IEMs. Well, maybe ZAT is defective too, or its how they are in general and its an IEM that is not for me.

Nov 22, 2023 at 7:23 AM Post #63,069 of 63,917
I would say marketing part is the worst thing. Because all of brands had QC problems, including much more expensive ones.

It's almost a common rule in chifi, when something gets into an uncontrollable surge of popularity then the strangest problems arise....
There are very few reviewer of KZ recently as thanks to their marketing guy, they become quite toxic.
however some stuff that are genuinely great still makes round but even so, not that much of review.

1 third party measurement of CCA Rhapsody, 3 measurement of Polaris vs dozen on 7hz salnotes or Truthear releases.

Hell apparently recently, people attack ToneDeafMonk mostly because he got free review unit from KZ.
Its like, a lot of other reviewer got their free units from other brand too. So yea, the name is that toxic.

Nov 22, 2023 at 7:49 AM Post #63,070 of 63,917
There are very few reviewer of KZ recently as thanks to their marketing guy, they become quite toxic.
however some stuff that are genuinely great still makes round but even so, not that much of review.

1 third party measurement of CCA Rhapsody, 3 measurement of Polaris vs dozen on 7hz salnotes or Truthear releases.

Hell apparently recently, people attack ToneDeafMonk mostly because he got free review unit from KZ.
Its like, a lot of other reviewer got their free units from other brand too. So yea, the name is that toxic.
I spent few more hours with Rhapsody - felt that I wasted my time - I totally do not understand "the hype attempts". Reviewers are getting away with any random crap anyhow, since "audiophile" memory span is shorter than that of a goldfish, and they can always rotate cables....

The problem with these reviewers is not so much free samples per se, but feeble silly pretenses of insisting on being virtous (see how much "blah" that guy put into defending it...), while the very least they are competing for attention that already totally skews any objectivity.

Just laugh/chuckle/frown on "free samples being better for objectivity" (a new "train of thoughts, started by a guy, who used to add some quasi-legal amendments of not using any free samples in his reviews...)

Then, even more ridiculous is patting each other backs by those " genuine reviewers".
It feels like whores cheering each other up in a contest of who is more virgin.... :frowning2:

P. S. I fail to understand that "trade people" are clearly identified here but not the reviewers - quite damaging for the hobby, IMO.

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2023 at 10:48 AM Post #63,071 of 63,917
I had my DAP on shuffle and this came up. Sounds amazing on AS16 Pro/30 ohm:

Nov 22, 2023 at 7:23 PM Post #63,072 of 63,917
I have a question for the PR2 users, how long did the burnin take for you?

When I got them I let them play for half an hour, and to be honest it didn't sound good, a few hours later the difference was big. And I am now very happy with the sound.
I think they have played for about 5 hours in total now, but when will it stabilize? They are now lying next to me at work, and I let them play for another 5 hours just to be safe. I'm curious about your experience in this.

Nov 22, 2023 at 7:44 PM Post #63,073 of 63,917
@dirtdawg perhaps there's still some stock left of the original version, I also don't know when exactly the revision took place, so it might be fairly recent.

FvvvQZ7.png
If i recalled it right, KZ rep stated it was marketing dept mistake, it should be 1x 50024s and 2x 30019s.
the early marketing shown the 2 x 50024s

also, this ZS10Prox is still using KZ older 1 Main DD + 4 Flavouring BAs config. instead of each having their own segment

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2023 at 10:21 PM Post #63,074 of 63,917
I had my DAP on shuffle and this came up. Sounds amazing on AS16 Pro/30 ohm:

omg that song reminds me of the one by Beach House titled Beyond Love which sounds amazing on it too, beautiful and quite an emotional song for me ^-^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back