Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Sep 6, 2023 at 4:09 PM Post #62,522 of 63,916
The last proper ZS series is the ZS10Pro-X who are still following the old 1 Main DD + 4 Flavouring BAs.
It was very well recieved but the world didn't go as crazy for it like the old ZS10Pro did.

IF the next ZS series have 1DD+4BA, latest XunDD, new gen bellsings BAs, DLP sound tube shells, proper crossover for seperation of duty on each drivers, maybe semi openback like ZS7 but that may clash with the soundtube...
should be pretty awesome.

CCA Pianist feels like a more budget approach on concept above.
KZ is retreating to budget segment for safety after the last drama.

hopefully, the next one will be another proper ZS-series successor.
Yeah, it still baffles me as to why the ZS10 Pro X didn't receive the same level of praise universally speaking as the original ZS10 Pro as it's far superior in my opinion.

Sep 6, 2023 at 8:39 PM Post #62,524 of 63,916
I just received the CCA Duo. The sounds seems compressed. The mids sound stuffy.

Do they need a lot of hours of burning?

Thanks
Its a bit different with most review,
you could try to burn it a for bit,

You also should check the nozzle of the unit, i remember reading the glue used for the waxguard/nozzle filter bleeds into the sound tube and change the sound.
either you could try to open the nozzle filter and clean it

or contact judy@kzhifi.com, if you could record the compressed mid and show it to her.
if it confirmed defective, KZ will sent replacement.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2023 at 8:58 PM Post #62,525 of 63,916
Thanks, they have about 5 hours of burning and I have seen no change. Tried severall tips but it doesn't seem to be tip related.

How can I show that the mids are stuffy with a recoding?

Think I rather fix them myself than dealing with KZ customer service again.

Sep 6, 2023 at 9:27 PM Post #62,526 of 63,916
I just received the CCA Duo. The sounds seems compressed. The mids sound stuffy.

Do they need a lot of hours of burning?

Thanks
Try to remove the filter if it will change anything. Use needle or tweezer (if possible). Check for any residual glue on the nozzle.

Sep 7, 2023 at 1:47 AM Post #62,528 of 63,916
Thanks, how to set them back in afterwards?
If you find that removing the filter fixes the problem, its better to a buy a replacement filter or just leave it as is (but there's a chance of wax build up). If you find the glue residue remove them and just return the original filter back using tweezers, align the filter on the nozzle.

I think the closest to what KZ uses is 250 4.2 mm mesh.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002875037663.html

Sep 7, 2023 at 6:46 AM Post #62,530 of 63,916
The last proper ZS series is the ZS10Pro-X who are still following the old 1 Main DD + 4 Flavouring BAs.
It was very well recieved but the world didn't go as crazy for it like the old ZS10Pro did.

IF the next ZS series have 1DD+4BA, latest XunDD, new gen bellsings BAs, DLP sound tube shells, proper crossover for seperation of duty on each drivers, maybe semi openback like ZS7 but that may clash with the soundtube...
should be pretty awesome.

CCA Pianist feels like a more budget approach on concept above.
KZ is retreating to budget segment for safety after the last drama.

hopefully, the next one will be another proper ZS-series successor.

The KZ ZS10Pro X came out a little after the TRN ST5. People didn't rush out and buy a second budget 1+4. KZ used later generation BAs and was cheaper with a smoother tuning. TRN used an all metal shell and a Beriliyum coated DD.

Cast your mind back to various media format wars. What wins in the marketplace isn't always the best option!:rolling_eyes:

Sep 7, 2023 at 11:12 AM Post #62,531 of 63,916
I'm conflicted about the PR2 right now. Added some foam inserts from the Faaeal snow lotus and it basically fixed the PR2's peaky treble and sibilance for me. The timbre also isn't as weird.

PXL_20230907_150441762.MP.jpg

Sep 7, 2023 at 3:57 PM Post #62,532 of 63,916
The KZ ZS10Pro X came out a little after the TRN ST5. People didn't rush out and buy a second budget 1+4. KZ used later generation BAs and was cheaper with a smoother tuning. TRN used an all metal shell and a Beriliyum coated DD.

Cast your mind back to various media format wars. What wins in the marketplace isn't always the best option!:rolling_eyes:
I have not heard the ZS10 Pro X, but I do have the ST5, which I really like. TRN managed to squeeze a great sound out of the 50060/30095 combination. The modular cable is a bonus as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back