Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Aug 30, 2023 at 3:51 PM Post #62,491 of 63,916
Aug 30, 2023 at 4:55 PM Post #62,493 of 63,916
Could you compare Hidizs Ms3 vs Hifiman Re800?
Yes I can. Only 1 problem. My MS3 was DOA so I had to send them back (had to pay 22,- euro for shipment myself 😡). Conversations with the helpdesk was through discord (?). Anyway they repaired them (why not replace a brand new set?) and send them back yesterday. I hope they will arrive soon but probably take around 2 or 3 weeks I think. When I have them back I am gladly to compare them. Comparing the RE800 to the MS2 the RE800 sound way better.

Aug 30, 2023 at 10:59 PM Post #62,494 of 63,916
i opened the duo up to find out that most of the bass tube is covered by the filter's adhesive. replaced the filter for some large pore foam. without the filters, the subbass sounds like it's been bumped by a couple db. any of you guys tried this?

Attachments

• 20230830_213824.jpg
    20230830_213824.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Aug 30, 2023 at 11:42 PM Post #62,495 of 63,916
i opened the duo up to find out that most of the bass tube is covered by the filter's adhesive. replaced the filter for some large pore foam. without the filters, the subbass sounds like it's been bumped by a couple db. any of you guys tried this?
my PR1 Pro adhesive "melts" after not being used for awhile inside a small case.
i open the case and didn't found the filter only to found it stuck in the case inner wall.
and the glue is covering around 20% of the nozzle diameter, i clean it up a bit and stuck the filter back.

Aug 31, 2023 at 4:16 AM Post #62,498 of 63,916
Could you compare Hidizs Ms3 vs Hifiman Re800?

I will, when I get the MS3 back ( they were DOA, had to pay 22,- euro to send them back myself😕). They repaired them (why not replace them). Repairs took 10 days but they send them back yesterday.

Aug 31, 2023 at 4:19 AM Post #62,499 of 63,916
The only known member with AS24 is AmericanSpirit who is no longer active here thanks to "trades member" limitation...
and Redscaramouse tough i don't think he have PR2
I think @PhonoPhi may have AS24 and PR2.

Aug 31, 2023 at 5:03 AM Post #62,500 of 63,916
I think @PhonoPhi may have AS24 and PR2.
Not PR2 by any means!
That was my big disappointment with KZ bundling PR2 with AS24, with little flexibility to unbundle this totally "no-go" for me, even as a "free gift".
I did eventually get AS24 and do have PR1. Planars and all-BAs are really very different, and not straightforward to compare.

Speaking of AS24
IF this graph difference turns out to be impedance issue again like AS16Pro, then KZ haven't properly learn from that case.
Based on AS24, KZ now mastered the impedance really well.
Variations by switches are from 20 to 50 Ohms (great range and values!), and I was really impresed by precise channel matching to 0.1 Ohm (!) in all switch positions that I measured.

The difference in measured frequency responses is definitely due to tips, insertion depth and seal. The latter is likely the main culprit for the discussed case, IMO.

Finally, few words about AS24, that I am just starting to explore.
It suits my preferences amazingly well: in extreme switch positions - it is a bit too lean and too bassy, respectively - so it covers my preferences. Then together with Kuang Pai Plus 4 with 11/12 rendering flavours - there are quite a bit of combinations to enjoy/explore.

I do not believe in totls and endgame, but that will occupy me for a while, and I may even stop there :)

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2023 at 12:49 PM Post #62,501 of 63,916
you can take some silk material from face mask or silk paper and wrap the entire outer part. Or buy some TWS tips with filter stick on them.

Sep 1, 2023 at 10:30 AM Post #62,502 of 63,916
I have the KZ ZAS,ZAR and ZS10 pro x

The ZAS is the more balanced
- slight shrillness in highs
- slight bass bloat
- distortion/compression at higher volumes
+ very nice stage
+ nice general tone
+ above average details , good separation , impressive dynamics for price , bass monsters and eq-able
( am I loosing something to the ZAX ? as the ZAS seem to already hit a nice number of boxes ?

The ZAR is the more refined , still fun , darker , low distortion and more generous timbral accuracy much better texture in bass and decent in mids, but severely tamed highs ( so less U shaped then the other 2 ) , very narrow stage *bass monsters and eq-able

The ZS10 pro x is the most fun ( funniest headphones I have ever tried ? ) , deep cavernous sub bass , biig stage , fast and snappy , bass ( sub bass) monsters but less refined then ZAS ( and ZAR of course ) so some distortion and shrillness here and there

I'n not able to ditch one of them at moment . they have all strenghts.
If they made ZAR timber and bass + stage ( lacking ) i would easy spend 150$ on this set.

I have also Olina SE and find them refined but slow ( not fun as KZ > all fast )

I returned Lesthour s12 (ok technicals , but bright , flat , not fun at all )

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2023 at 1:50 PM Post #62,504 of 63,916
I have the KZ ZAS,ZAR and ZS10 pro x

The ZAS is the more balanced
- slight shrillness in highs
- slight bass bloat
- distortion/compression at higher volumes
+ very nice stage
+ nice general tone
+ above average details , good separation , impressive dynamics for price , bass monsters and eq-able
( am I loosing something to the ZAX ? as the ZAS seem to already hit a nice number of boxes ?

The ZAR is the more refined , still fun , darker , low distortion and more generous timbral accuracy better texture in bass and sure in mids, but severely tamed highs ( so less U shaped then the other 2 ) , very narrow stage *bass monsters and eq-able

The ZS10 pro x is the most fun ( funniest headphones I have ever tried ? ) , deep cavernous sub bass , biig stage , fast and snappy , bass ( sub bass) monsters but less refined then ZAS ( and ZAR of course ) so some distortion and shrillness here and there

I'n not able to ditch one of them at moment . they have all strenghts.
If they made ZAR timber and bass + stage ( lacking ) i would easy spend 150$ on this set.

I have also Olina SE and find them refined but slow ( not fun as KZ > all fast )

I returned Lesthour s12 (ok technicals , but bright , flat , not fun at all )

Funnily enough ZS10 Pro X is what I took into hospital with me.:L3000:

AS16Pro really wasn't in the running for being stuck in bed, a little bit chunky if you want to turn on your side! :rolling_eyes:

Sep 1, 2023 at 9:54 PM Post #62,505 of 63,916
Funnily enough ZS10 Pro X is what I took into hospital with me.:L3000:

AS16Pro really wasn't in the running for being stuck in bed, a little bit chunky if you want to turn on your side! :rolling_eyes:

i hope a speedy recovery for you :smiley::thumbsup:
i can imagine the feeling as i was stuck in the hospital too for a week a few months ago

Users who are viewing this thread

Back