Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Aug 20, 2023 at 9:07 PM Post #62,401 of 63,918
The PR1 Pro is probably their best ever IEM, tho
KZ PR1 are great.
I personally prefer KZ all-BAs.
It seems that after an intense introduction a year ago, planar IEMs reached some saturation in what they can achieve. I hope for a later resurgence and more planar hybrids.
So CCA Pianist measurement has just been released..

Kinda nice?
Similar to CCA Duo and the recently teased KZ double-DD IEM, I will wait for more mature KZ release with 5-7 BAs with switches, and a similar or better DD as in Krila.
Krila totally rocks as $16 IEM, IMO!!

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2023 at 10:29 PM Post #62,403 of 63,918
So CCA Pianist measurement has just been released..

Screenshot_20230821-085359_Opera.jpg

Traced it, looks promising.. assuming they measured it with foam tips on, we can expect more peak with silicone tips.
Screenshot_3 (1).png

Lower down the 2.5khz pinna gain til +7db and they are great! too much pinna gain will made overall mids thinner, like krila and PR2. The highs and treble extension already great.

Aug 21, 2023 at 4:44 AM Post #62,405 of 63,918
KZ PR1 are great.
I personally prefer KZ all-BAs.
It seems that after an intense introduction a year ago, planar IEMs reached some saturation in what they can achieve. I hope for a later resurgence and more planar hybrids.

Similar to CCA Duo and the recently teased KZ double-DD IEM, I will wait for more mature KZ release with 5-7 BAs with switches, and a similar or better DD as in Krila.
Krila totally rocks as $16 IEM, IMO!!
I agree, Krila is very good, especially via balanced output.

Aug 21, 2023 at 5:10 AM Post #62,406 of 63,918
I agree, Krila is very good, especially via balanced output.
I think my PR1 balanced edition sounds a lot better then the Krila (well they cost double). But comparing them with the Moondrop Chu 2, which cost the same, the Chu’s are way better, like they are in another league! A very enjoyable bass and a non fatiguing treble makes this IEM suitable for long listening sessions. I find the Krila’s lacking in bass and having a “sharp” treble. I think people will agree when comparing the Krila vs the Chu 2. Or maybe not 😊

Aug 21, 2023 at 6:23 AM Post #62,407 of 63,918
loving the new KZ designs since the release of CRA, ZES, ESX and AS16 Pro, even better that they're migrating into the 3d printing era as well, i've been wondering if they'd return the magnetostatic driver, would be cool to see it once again maybe haha

i'm currently looking into CVJ Konoka with that fancy vibrating driver inside of it, i never tried anything like it and quite tempting to get it right now but i'll hold it off for a bit xD

Aug 21, 2023 at 8:45 AM Post #62,408 of 63,918
Just sharing.

For those who want to get or curious about Krila, there is a competition going on in kztws.com in which they will give you Krila for $1 in exchange of a comprehensive review.

https://www.kztws.com/products/kz-krila-1
Screenshot_20230821-202947_Opera.jpg

In all honesty this is a risky move by KZ..

For why am I scrolling through kztws..I'm waiting for the Castor magnitude
response..😶🤸‍♂️

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2023 at 9:12 AM Post #62,409 of 63,918
Just sharing.

For those who want to get or curious about Krila, there is a competition going on in kztws.com in which they will give you Krila for $1 in exchange of a comprehensive review.

response..😶🤸‍♂️
kz? you doin alright, big guy?

Aug 21, 2023 at 9:26 AM Post #62,410 of 63,918
Sarcasm in contrast with $1000 review?

Aug 21, 2023 at 9:41 AM Post #62,412 of 63,918
Just sharing.

response..😶🤸‍♂️

KZ are you ok bb

Aug 21, 2023 at 9:42 AM Post #62,413 of 63,918
I think they may be smoking some serious s**t.
I think its not Tyvan who's smoking some serious stuff anymore, since its posted by another rep named Judy. I'd like to know what their smoking.

Aug 21, 2023 at 12:56 PM Post #62,415 of 63,918
loving the new KZ designs since the release of CRA, ZES, ESX and AS16 Pro, even better that they're migrating into the 3d printing era as well, i've been wondering if they'd return the magnetostatic driver, would be cool to see it once again maybe haha

i'm currently looking into CVJ Konoka with that fancy vibrating driver inside of it, i never tried anything like it and quite tempting to get it right now but i'll hold it off for a bit xD
If you’re interested with something recent with a magnetostatic driver, I recommend the Lafitear LM1. It has a nice sparkly treble (love it with 80’s Japanese Citypop) and overall sound I like. Don’t let the FR graphs out there (very V-shape) discourage you, this is one of those cases I’d ignore them. For less than $20 USD, it’s worth a try imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back