Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Aug 15, 2023 at 10:46 AM Post #62,371 of 63,915
I don't get the point also why KZ will pay $1000 for just 1 reviewer for the $16 IEMs, in fact I also don't know who DMC is, unless they are paying $1000 to each top reviewers like HBB, Crin, Timmy, etc but then spending more than $5000 to marketing $16 IEMs is silly.
DMC = Devil May Cry. It is a very popular gaming franchise. 😆

Aug 15, 2023 at 5:58 PM Post #62,373 of 63,915
Yes, I did read all of it, just as I did for all the previous controversies.

I stand by what I said. There is no demonstrable evidence that the additional drivers are having any impact on the sound, only hear-say.

The talk about how the inaudible drivers have subtle effects on the timbre and details of the sound reminds me of how some people talk about headphone cables.

It's the same sort of language.

We've been here before, it's not the first time KZ pulls something like this, but apparently anything over a week old is very easy to dismiss or forget about when it comes the fans of this specific company.
Your comments are very much reminescent of this guy "Tyvan".
The same " oh, I am absolutely sure" and not listening to any arguments or facts, as for the ZEX pro case. You did not listen to this IEM, right?? (You did not answer!)

That is why I ignore people's sentiments nowadays, such as totally ridiculuous (to me) claims of offering $1000 to promote $16 IEM.
The "tube" reviewers seek hype at any cost for the ego problems or plain monetization.
Then, sadly, whichever crap is claimed loud first - that is what is heard the most, even if later these claims are totally retracted. Your comments demonstrated it perfectly (well, politicians demonstrated it first, and look at the world leaders now - very scary/insane....)

So I will continue to enjoy whichever KZ products I happened to like.
I will definitely not buy any of their "collabs" and any collabs in general - they are very detrimental to this hobby, IMO.

P. S. Edited for typos

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2023 at 10:05 PM Post #62,374 of 63,915
I agree that collabs are becoming very detrimental to the community.

It's not healthy these reviewers being mad that their collabs are being compared by other brands and waiting for any small opportunity to launch a public blacklist/boycott campaign against this brand as retribution. And it is sad that this reviewer in particular has a close circle of influencers that follow suit.

I know people that don't buy KZ as a personal thing ans we should respect it, but we are seeing something different here.

Aug 16, 2023 at 1:34 AM Post #62,376 of 63,915
I agree that collabs are becoming very detrimental to the community.

It's not healthy these reviewers being mad that their collabs are being compared by other brands and waiting for any small opportunity to launch a public blacklist/boycott campaign against this brand as retribution. And it is sad that this reviewer in particular has a close circle of influencers that follow suit.

I know people that don't buy KZ as a personal thing ans we should respect it, but we are seeing something different here.
Its perfectly timed..

I think DeeeMeSi even teased in twitter that some company is trying to bribe him for review over a week or two ago, its weird that he releases that video and confirm who it is right after the launch of some certain product. And c guy being the nice guy he is, blacklisted the said company in his ranking list and measurement, for what? Will that do anything in the current issue, and why is he even part of the equation..Really not sus.

Anyways like what other people is saying here, I'll buy what I like and if it measures well and priced competitively its a go, even if its KZ or any other brand, tubers statements in my opinion should always be disregarded. If you want opinion about a certain product its better to ask a "non-reviewer" who actually bought them.

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2023 at 1:44 AM Post #62,377 of 63,915
Its perfectly timed..

I think DeeeMeSi even teased in twitter that some company is trying to bribe him for review over a week or two ago, its weird that he releases that video and confirm who it is right after the launch of some certain product. And c guy being the nice guy he is, blacklisted the said company in his ranking list and measurement, for what? Will that do anything in the current issue, and why is he even part of the equation..Really not sus.

Anyways like what other people is saying here, I'll buy what I like and if it measures well and priced competitively its a go, even if its KZ or any other brand, tubers statements in my opinion should always be disregarded. If you want opinion about a certain product its better to ask a "non-reviewer" who actually bought them.
the reason why i keep coming back to KZ is their price to performance,
They are not quite "perfect" nor super "great" like some in$80~150 bracket iems.

but I mean, dude, i got two true planar for [$42 PR1Pro +$35 PR2], $72.
i couldn't even get Wu Zetian at that combined price.
are they comparable to Wu Zetian? well not quite peers. but is it great for the price? Hell yeah.

Not to mention like i said before, KZ is getting better and somehow listening to fans input,
but the marketing and communication side of it need to change A.S.A.P.
This drama wasn't going to be this big if it wasn't for arrogant hostile response from their rep.

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2023 at 6:26 AM Post #62,378 of 63,915
the reason why i keep coming back to KZ is their price to performance,
They are not quite "perfect" nor super "great" like some in$80~150 bracket iems.

but I mean, dude, i got two true planar for [$42 PR1Pro +$35 PR2], $72.
i couldn't even get Wu Zetian at that combined price.
are they comparable to Wu Zetian? well not quite peers. but is it great for the price? Hell yeah.

Not to mention like i said before, KZ is getting better and somehow listening to fans input,
but the marketing and communication side of it need to change A.S.A.P.
This drama wasn't going to be this big if it wasn't for arrogant hostile response from their rep.
Tyvan should just settle or step down and let other staff from KZ do the negotiation with reviewers or PR in general. You are right this would not be such a big issue if Tyvan didn't fight fire with fire.

Not gonna lie, it seems that all this drama is just to see who has the biggest ego, when in actuality its just a simple miscommunication/language barier from both side. Tyvan stating in the most confusing way possible that KZ can bet that their Krila is worth $1000 (which is an exageration, like people already know its a joke), and DSM taking the tweet literally and interpreting the message as KZ betting $1000 to reviewers. Its really a clown show.

Aug 16, 2023 at 5:25 PM Post #62,381 of 63,915
Well DMS has released a video stating that it turned out that it wasn’t KZ but a distributor who was offering $1000.

Funny that we are not seeing a quick post of this latest video now that it turns out not to be true that they are bribing reviewers.
Not surprised to hear at all: so it is not really KZ, but at this point most won't bother to look further, and the accusations will be continued to be mindlessly repeated by the guys like Griffith for many month to come.

My "conspiracy theory" is that with the improved (for many, I was OK with good old KZ) tuning and more tuning "by the curve", KZ became an existential threat to many. That would be the cause, and accusations will be the action - a simple causality.

Recent Krila and AS24, for instance, were so great for me that these two IEMs would suffice to fully enjoy music - fun cheerful V or W of Krila and more analytical AS24 (and I have too many more IEMs).

P. S. As for Crin boycotting KZ - his loss and weakness actually, his early KZ evaluations were so random anyway, making an impression that he may not bothered much to actually listen.
I hope he may busk in more success in his project "violet" (after his red and blue). I am done with all the projects of "reviewers/influencers now.

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2023 at 2:43 AM Post #62,383 of 63,915
Probably he just wanna go viral and got viewers. And Tyvan also so defensive and got hot as he feel never trying to bribe reviewers. Still, talked about crin and their deal to public is out of ethics

Aug 17, 2023 at 7:33 AM Post #62,384 of 63,915
i've been in this thread as a guest for a very long time now, i think it was since CRN releases, not sure, but i decided to make an account, i've red a lot of things and i really enjoy what has been posted in here, such as waiting for the next KZ or CCA IEMs, it's exciting

i myself does have collection of KZ IEMs and currently one CCA, the CRA, and i haven't bought any since the release of AS16 Pro for a year now, and if i may say, it's just too good, even better when the filter on the nozzle removed because of moisture built-up overtime, the detail, separation, layering, realism and holographic soundstage is something that my other collection didn't excel at, and to me, AS16 Pro is in a different plane of existence in my heart even compared to others that i have

it might be my HRTF that always gives me the immersive soundstage in audio gear including IEMs but i'm not sure, but it works for me ^-^

currently i have the ZSN Pro X (which is my first ever proper IEM long time ago, really liked it) then CRN (strange resonant peak at upper treble resulting in whistling unnatural sound to me, but i enjoyed it and gotten used to it for a while), CRA (the treble blew me away initially, i liked it more than CRN), ZES (love the all metal design, unique tuning and the soundstage too), ESX (the soundstage and natural open airiness to it) and lastly the AS16 Pro (a very special IEM for me that i very much daily drive, the sound is almost perfect to me)

i've also used some of these IEMs for mixing and mastering too

seeing that AS24 came out recently and i'm excited to one day get my hands on it, if it happens ^-^

but it hurts me seeing these unnecessary drama that happen right now, i remember the CRN situation where people assuming KZ hides fake drivers in them, well that one got debunked
and... now this... it doesn't seem right, i feel like people just intentionally trying to take KZ down, people jumped into conclusions too early and i don't understand

i hope it'll all be okay soon, wishing the best for the company and everyone really

but here's some pictures
img_20221031_171524_onfire_abhi__01_by_f_tam_dg60d8f-pre.jpg
img_20230817_182010_onfire_abhi__01_by_f_tam_dg60dbm-pre.jpg
img_20230817_182340_onfire_abhi__01_by_f_tam_dg60dc5-pre.jpg

Aug 18, 2023 at 7:51 AM Post #62,385 of 63,915
I have been spending some time with the KZ ZAX. An older model I know, but I am late to the KZ party, so I have been trying to read about the various KZ-models and get an overview of how they sound. Until now, I still cannot understand how it is feasible to produce and keep old models in stock? Why it is that they market so many different models and variations is just crazy to me. Maybe it is in fact a part of their businessmodel? While there are constantly new versions of each model, they seemingly continue to sell the old ones... hmm... well maybe exactly that is what has now triggered me to order KZ model #4 (KZ EDXS) and #5 (Krila) now both on their way.

I started with the KZ ZS10. Then the ZS10 Pro X and now the ZAX. I find the ZAX to be the best of the three with a bit more clarity and air. The differences between the three are minor but there is a little extra crispiness to the ZAX that I like. The tuning of the KZ IEM's is FAR FAR away from what I normally listen to with my Etymotic EVO but closer to my daily IEM the Beyerdynaic Xelento. But I am drawn to the KZ sound in a mystical way and then irritated at it at times and always a relief to get the Etymotics free and open sound in my ears again. Only then, when I go back and forth with the ZAX and the EVO that there is a thin veil over the sound if the ZAX. BUT that punchy bass and fun tuning is addictive.

I was afraid that these would be so V-shaped that vocals would be pushed far back in the stage but I enjoy the midrange in the ZAX as it is. Some metal / hard rock recordings give me listening fatigue with the ZAX. Like Tools "Fear Innoculum" is NOT pure listening pleasure with the ZAX, as it is with the Xelento 2nd Generation. But for the price of the ZAX one can't complain. Acoustic jazz sounds great with the ZAX. Vocal jazz for that matter. Guitars are great. Percussion sounds full, punchy and lifelike. Not bad at all.

...and are a few pictures of the ZAX if you don't mind.

53125068898_7b6c837a4b_k.jpg

53123985962_461c28f20a_k.jpg

53123986237_df896c12fb_k.jpg

53124986880_49271993e9_k.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back