Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Aug 14, 2023 at 7:07 PM Post #62,356 of 63,882
Yes. That's my experience with the Krila.
KZ is still pumping up decent to good product with few notable miss here and there
but its unnecessarily overshadowed by this now maybe lunatic marketing rep who choose to be on the offensive to cover their actual mistake.

I mean, PR1 Pro is one hell of an iem that i got for $40.
PR2 suppose to be the giant killer as some who got the perfect one could attest
but yeah, that turns into one hell of a shitshow
I still rather enjoy mine, the flawed V2 that i got for $30 something. It needed to be a bit easier to drive like PR1 Pro and smoother treble (like the one have bee promised in perfect one), but all in all. For $30 something? still good iem.

but the drama? its unnecessary. just admit there is production issue, stop producing them, reconsult with HBB on possible V2, get it right, and reannouce it.
"stealth" revision with public scrutiny this high is a stupid move. its a better move to announce it in the open.

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2023 at 7:10 PM Post #62,357 of 63,882
KZ is still pumping up decent to good product but its unnsessarily overshadowed by this now maybe lunatic marketing rep.

I'm not a fan of Tyvan either on the FB pages but a lot of the hype reviewers (Crinacle, HBB, etc) can be equally annoying in their own ways of attempts at gate-keeping the hobby.

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2023 at 7:20 PM Post #62,358 of 63,882
KZ is burning for nothing. Most of their clientele doesn't even listen to Audio Reviewer's drama, not even are in Head-fi like us. KZ should return to be a faceless company that don't tip with anybody's toes that spurts cheap crap and people will keep buying.

Their downfall with the community, yes, it will be.
KZ super cheap is produced at rate beyond their competitor.
Things like KZ ED-series sold like crazy, one local reseller sold like 10k+ units and i saw several stores doing the same rate.
well, little competitor at Sub $10.

Aug 14, 2023 at 7:26 PM Post #62,360 of 63,882
I'm not a fan of Tyvan either on the FB pages but a lot of the hype reviewers (Crinacle, HBB, etc) can be equally annoying in their own ways of attempts at gate-keeping the hobby.
Crinacle and HBB have a stance on "This hobby is subjective, but this is what i like", something that many other reviewer also take.
Tyvan is more of "I know this business inside out, this is whats right and i''m right"

[To note, crinacle target (or Giz), while i get why people likes it, i don't particularly fond of it. it didn't mesh that well with my library.
HBB preference have better synergy with my library.]

The odd thing about KZ is despite their super defensive on FB pages, they are somewhat listening to feedback.
The constant retune of their planar is from listening from feedback, later they try to appease the Bass quantity discussion with bass eq switch, started to use proper crossover after people bemoan their absence and updating the quality of their drivers as people noted that others companies have done it.

but yeah, it feels like there is a disconnect between this KZ and that KZ.

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2023 at 10:23 PM Post #62,364 of 63,882
lunatic marketing rep
That is funny.....Tyvan does seem a little unhinged. If he just communicated in a more factual, less-combative way, there really wouldn't be any issues. He just makes things worse with his communication style. I'll buy another KZ or CCA once I see something that captures my interest. My favorite earphones are still my KZ ones.....ASX & PR1 Pro. I think they make pretty decent products at a pretty decent price; although I only buy them at the introductory price or if they go on sale, but I'm like that with a lot of products.

Aug 14, 2023 at 10:37 PM Post #62,365 of 63,882
KZ is still pumping up decent to good product with few notable miss here and there
but its unnecessarily overshadowed by this now maybe lunatic marketing rep who choose to be on the offensive to cover their actual mistake.

I mean, PR1 Pro is one hell of an iem that i got for $40.
PR2 suppose to be the giant killer as some who got the perfect one could attest
but yeah, that turns into one hell of a shitshow
I still rather enjoy mine, the flawed V2 that i got for $30 something. It needed to be a bit easier to drive like PR1 Pro and smoother treble (like the one have bee promised in perfect one), but all in all. For $30 something? still good iem.

but the drama? its unnecessary. just admit there is production issue, stop producing them, reconsult with HBB on possible V2, get it right, and reannouce it.
"stealth" revision with scrutiny this high is a stupid move. its a better move to announce it in the open.
I loved the first patch PR2 from a friend that I tried. They sound very nice with a big amp, though the stage is shrunken with my pocket DAP. So I gave some recommendations. People returned telling me it sounds horrible. It turned out something has changed between batches. No confidence to recommend Kz stuffs again.

Aug 14, 2023 at 10:44 PM Post #62,366 of 63,882
People are more worried about GN/LTT drama today. Regardless of the big egos of some audio reviewers, they are small potatoes.
LTT is by far rushing it.
Waay too many small mistakes here and there in testing result
Pushing out not quite standardized yet testing result while trying to be "legitimate" tester is also not a good move.
and now with new CEO, they turn LTT main channel from 2~3 video per week into daily video release which only going to get thing worse.
and like GN noted, even LTT workers agree with the issue.

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2023 at 2:35 AM Post #62,367 of 63,882
I loved the first patch PR2 from a friend that I tried. They sound very nice with a big amp, though the stage is shrunken with my pocket DAP. So I gave some recommendations. People returned telling me it sounds horrible. It turned out something has changed between batches. No confidence to recommend Kz stuffs again.

Hey I also just bought the PR2, lot of mixed reactions, but these set is very hard to drive IEM, harder than any other on my collections. Will make sense if some people with decent source are saying these are great but lot of people also saying bad because of lack of driving power.

Then about KZ drama here and other discovery thread, actually KZ also had talks with me
kz pM.jpg

I won't post whats the conversation between us as I still count that as privacy, but I turned off the offer just because I like to review or post my impression freely, and as objective as I can, but He said he won't interfere with my creativity and retain full creative and editorial control to objectively reflect the product in a fair and honest way.

I'm not on either side nor defending KZ, in fact they made great budget set lately and maybe become little bit arrogant (at least their PR) but their IEMs are getting better.

I don't get the point also why KZ will pay $1000 for just 1 reviewer for the $16 IEMs, in fact I also don't know who DMC is, unless they are paying $1000 to each top reviewers like HBB, Crin, Timmy, etc but then spending more than $5000 to marketing $16 IEMs is silly.

Aug 15, 2023 at 3:04 AM Post #62,368 of 63,882
Hey I also just bought the PR2, lot of mixed reactions, but these set is very hard to drive IEM, harder than any other on my collections. Will make sense if some people with decent source are saying these are great but lot of people also saying bad because of lack of driving power.

Then about KZ drama here and other discovery thread, actually KZ also had talks with me
kz pM.jpg

I won't post whats the conversation between us as I still count that as privacy, but I turned off the offer just because I like to review or post my impression freely, and as objective as I can, but He said he won't interfere with my creativity and retain full creative and editorial control to objectively reflect the product in a fair and honest way.

I'm not on either side nor defending KZ, in fact they made great budget set lately and maybe become little bit arrogant (at least their PR) but their IEMs are getting better.

I don't get the point also why KZ will pay $1000 for just 1 reviewer for the $16 IEMs, in fact I also don't know who DMC is, unless they are paying $1000 to each top reviewers like HBB, Crin, Timmy, etc but then spending more than $5000 to marketing $16 IEMs is silly.
Had Tyvan is more uuh... Diplomatic and calmer in his public response, there won't be this much drama.
but yeah, he prefer to be combative and on attack mode.

i mean, this response should be enough,
why KZ will pay $1000 for just 1 reviewer for the $16 IEMs, in fact I also don't know who DMC?

Aug 15, 2023 at 6:31 AM Post #62,369 of 63,882
Is this you?

On one hand you dismiss cables as being definitive upgrades that you need to "believe in" and try to understand how good they are, and I actually agree with you on this, I think that the impact of cables on sound quality is greatly exaggerated, but that's not relevant for this discussion.

You understand that sometimes you do not need to try a product to have an informed opinion on them, but you try to discredit simple facts I pointed out because I did not try one of KZ's products. You are going against your very own words.

How does KZ advertise the ZEX Pro?

"Electrostatic & Dynamic & Balanced Armature", straight from their product page: https://kz-audio.com/kz-zex-pro.html

The Electrostatic and BA drivers are inaudible. Would they magically start working if I bought one?

Again, I never spoke ill of how that product sounds. That's not the point.

The point, which you keep ignoring, is that their claims about how the product works and what it features are misleading, just like I pointed out in my banana analogy. They are advertising a bag with 3 bananas, and only one of the bananas is edible and this example, is just the latest of the many times they've done similar things in the past not to mention and I hate to see this brushed over due to absurd responses from fanatics:

THEY WANT TO PAY REVIEWERS $1000 FOR THEM TO REVIEW THEIR PRODUCT.

That is immoral, a huge conflict of interest and, fun fact, it is illegal in many countries to create sponsored content without properly disclosing it. Youtube also usually takes action against people that do such things because if they don't, they usually end up having to pay massive fines in the EU and the United States.

You can enjoy KZ's products and criticize their false marketing claims and shoddy behavior.

Those two things are not mutually exclusive.
It's interesting to see people like you so sure about themselves and about their claims that no matter what being told no matter what proof being shown, just simply goes for rejection.

Have you followed the full story? Did you read all the materials? Did you really follow up with that ZEX situation?

If your point is simply how KZ Doing bad. I can agree to a point however if I go all against them I'd judge my objectivity which I believe keeps the integrity of my thoughts. In case of ZEX, please follow the link and go down to see all the updates about they case:

https://www.headphonesty.com/2022/03/kz-fake-multi-driver-iem-scandal/

This is the post related to what you're talking about:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/2386473901653225/permalink/2839232659710678/

If you're lazy to read let me summarize for you. The person of whom had the claims you've been repeating here, shared another post which goes against his main argument that the additional drivers are indeed functional. Because all the drivers are working but especially DD goes with the whole spectrum, when he dissected they frequency graph didn't change because it's simply louder. The other two are also working but not that high and they're not required to be that high. To give you the smooth crispy ends sometimes you need to tame instead of brighting it up.

I'm no way a kz fan. I got rid of most of their iems in my collection. I only have original zsr and as16. Kz reps didn't learn how to do a good objectivist marketing and has been ruining the brand's image with such situations instead of keeping doing what they're doing. There weren't many company out there like KZ releasing cheap decent headphones helping many people out there to enter to the hobby, afford multi driver iems/experience difference types of drivers without selling their kidneys.

Instead of going so hard on them, never lose your objectivity. One situation doesn't make the whole brand so bad. They're doing so many mistakes hopefully they learn.

Aug 15, 2023 at 8:24 AM Post #62,370 of 63,882
It's interesting to see people like you so sure about themselves and about their claims that no matter what being told no matter what proof being shown, just simply goes for rejection.

Have you followed the full story? Did you read all the materials? Did you really follow up with that ZEX situation?

If your point is simply how KZ Doing bad. I can agree to a point however if I go all against them I'd judge my objectivity which I believe keeps the integrity of my thoughts. In case of ZEX, please follow the link and go down to see all the updates about they case:

https://www.headphonesty.com/2022/03/kz-fake-multi-driver-iem-scandal/

This is the post related to what you're talking about:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/2386473901653225/permalink/2839232659710678/

If you're lazy to read let me summarize for you. The person of whom had the claims you've been repeating here, shared another post which goes against his main argument that the additional drivers are indeed functional. Because all the drivers are working but especially DD goes with the whole spectrum, when he dissected they frequency graph didn't change because it's simply louder. The other two are also working but not that high and they're not required to be that high. To give you the smooth crispy ends sometimes you need to tame instead of brighting it up.

I'm no way a kz fan. I got rid of most of their iems in my collection. I only have original zsr and as16. Kz reps didn't learn how to do a good objectivist marketing and has been ruining the brand's image with such situations instead of keeping doing what they're doing. There weren't many company out there like KZ releasing cheap decent headphones helping many people out there to enter to the hobby, afford multi driver iems/experience difference types of drivers without selling their kidneys.

Instead of going so hard on them, never lose your objectivity. One situation doesn't make the whole brand so bad. They're doing so many mistakes hopefully they learn.

Yes, I did read all of it, just as I did for all the previous controversies.

I stand by what I said. There is no demonstrable evidence that the additional drivers are having any impact on the sound, only hear-say.

The talk about how the inaudible drivers have subtle effects on the timbre and details of the sound reminds me of how some people talk about headphone cables.

It's the same sort of language.

We've been here before, it's not the first time KZ pulls something like this, but apparently anything over a week old is very easy to dismiss or forget about when it comes the fans of this specific company.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back