Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jul 24, 2023 at 10:31 AM Post #62,266 of 63,917
Recently got the Krila and ordered the Chu 2…..if it is around 20,- euro I got to have a pair to compare. After that I’ll make my kids happy :)
Nice. My budget is depleted, I'll take them In next month.
Same here 😊
In two weeks bought the Krila, Chu 2 and yesterday ordered the Hidisz MS3. When still deciding if I should buy them my fingers kept pressing my screen and I ordered them before I was done thinking. And why? I always start listening to one of my IEM’s and always endup with the RE800 🎧 . And now I’m broke. If I keep doing what I do I’ll never own a pair RE2000 Pro.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2023 at 10:48 AM Post #62,267 of 63,917
Today it's easier to skip: I'm happy, cuz I've converted the Fiio LC-C mmcx cable to 2 pin. Great synergy with the Olin SE.
Happy listening time to all!

IMG20230724164234.jpg

Jul 24, 2023 at 11:27 PM Post #62,268 of 63,917
Same here 😊
In two weeks bought the Krila, Chu 2 and yesterday ordered the Hidisz MS3. When still deciding if I should buy them my fingers kept pressing my screen and I ordered them before I was done thinking. And why? I always start listening to one of my IEM’s and always endup with the RE800 🎧 . And now I’m broke. If I keep doing what I do I’ll never own a pair RE2000 Pro.

A word of advise (I learned this the hard way).

Budget gear is good to sample various sound signatures to see what you like or dislike. But majority are sidegradish and once you know what you want, it is best to upgrade to MidFI and call it a day (you save money in the long run). MidFI to TOTL gives about 10 - 20% improvement but at 10x the price, so MidFI is still the sweet spot IMHO.

So buying multiple sidegrades of similar sound signatures doesn't give much value add. In face, most end up in a drawer unused. And then you look back and realize that for the hoardes of pokemon budget IEMs inside a dark drawer, this could have added up to a TOTL IEM!

There is an argument to be made though that you can get multiple budget IEMs of different sound signatures to suit various music genres, but majority of budget fare nowadays are Harmanish, so it is really no point getting similar sounding Harmanish sidegrade spam.

Jul 24, 2023 at 11:50 PM Post #62,269 of 63,917

Budget gear is good to sample various sound signatures to see what you like or dislike. But majority are sidegradish and once you know what you want, it is best to upgrade to MidFI and call it a day (you save money in the long run). MidFI to TOTL gives about 10 - 20% improvement but at 10x the price, so MidFI is still the sweet spot IMHO.

So buying multiple sidegrades of similar sound signatures doesn't give much value add. In face, most end up in a drawer unused. And then you look back and realize that for the hoardes of pokemon budget IEMs inside a dark drawer, this could have added up to a TOTL IEM!

There is an argument to be made though that you can get multiple budget IEMs of different sound signatures to suit various music genres, but majority of budget fare nowadays are Harmanish, so it is really no point getting similar sounding Harmanish sidegrade spam.
"most end up in a drawer unused"

Well, couldn't agree much more :sweat_smile:

Jul 25, 2023 at 12:33 AM Post #62,270 of 63,917

There's other way.. you just need to believe once in advertising. I have no rivals under 1k already. Next station: no rivals under 2k. KZ you must try hard!

Jul 25, 2023 at 4:11 AM Post #62,272 of 63,917
So very true…but already to late for me 😕

Jul 25, 2023 at 7:20 AM Post #62,274 of 63,917
I did that. I bought the LZ A7.

So, no more pokemons, right?
Wrong, couldn't resist the KZ Krila and Chu II.
I had the exact same problem except I couldn’t resist the Hidisz MS3 either although it is way out of my budget 😬

Jul 25, 2023 at 7:22 AM Post #62,275 of 63,917
I did that. I bought the LZ A7.

So, no more pokemons, right?
Wrong, couldn't resist the KZ Krila and Chu II.
Owh no!! I never heard of the LZ A7 but when I saw the reviews its now on my radar 😭😭

-edit- Owh wait. This was before I saw what they cost. They are of my radar now, if I had this kind of money I would order the HiFiMaN RE2000 Pro immediately 😬

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2023 at 1:15 PM Post #62,277 of 63,917
Now I am curious if the Duo is better than the Chu 2😳

Jul 25, 2023 at 3:02 PM Post #62,278 of 63,917

AGREED! Is a Midfi always better than budget? Not necessarily but simply higher odds. It took me 6 planar IEMs (2 KZs, iSINE 10, S12, Timeless, and IMR EDP) to learned that I preferred DD or hybrid most of time. Although a change of tips, mood, or environment could've resulted a different story, and old highly regarded IEMs isn't what people raved to be to me (SE846, K3003, EXK, DN2000J, list goes on...)

It's like I'm always jumping between the fine line of 'Wanting more technicality' & 'Oh that's too exciting, just wanna something relaxing' . For instance, one of my old favorites ATH-IM70, they might just be 'Okish-good' in my aspects, but them( w. Stock M size tips + Bluetooth Earhooks) gotten a lot more ear time on me than other more expensive ones, it just happens.

Recent budget IEMs purchases disappointed me YMMV. Also back then it was a lot easier to move my collection on eBay without too steep of depreciation, not anymore. So cautiously picking the Midfi with targeted signature, might just be the most economical way to go!

My favorite earbuds at the moment? Any BASSY flathead buds on Bluetooth hooks 😆👌.

Jul 25, 2023 at 3:17 PM Post #62,279 of 63,917
somehow Krila is still not available locally,
and my krila budget just turned into a passing by A2DC cable for my ATH-e40.
nice cable too, currently re-daily drivering my oldie e40.
seperation is lacking in comparison to PR2 but the vocal centric tuning is nice.

Is it just me thinking PR2 is too shouty for any tracks?

Recent KZ disappointed me, I'd probably step away from KZ until the next 'Full Metal', 'Non Reversed-Teardrop shell', 'Hybrid' IEMs.

Cuz my favorite KZs were ZS7 & BA10. What's the odds of me getting one with all that criteria in next 2 years LOL? 😆

Jul 25, 2023 at 3:20 PM Post #62,280 of 63,917
AGREED! Is a Midfi always better than budget? Not necessarily but simply higher odds. It took me 6 planar IEMs (2 KZs, iSINE 10, S12, Timeless, and IMR EDP) to learned that I preferred DD or hybrid most of time. Although a change of tips, mood, or environment could've resulted a different story, and old highly regarded IEMs isn't what people raved to be to me (SE846, K3003, EXK, DN2000J, list goes on...)

It's like I'm always jumping between the fine line of 'Wanting more technicality' & 'Oh that's too exciting, just wanna something relaxing' . For instance, one of my old favorites ATH-IM70, they might just be 'Okish-good' in my aspects, but them( w. Stock M size tips + Bluetooth Earhooks) gotten a lot more ear time on me than other more expensive ones, it just happens.

Recent budget IEMs purchases disappointed me YMMV. Also back then it was a lot easier to move my collection on eBay without too steep of depreciation, not anymore. So cautiously picking the Midfi with targeted signature, might just be the most economical way to go!

My favorite earbuds at the moment? Any BASSY flathead buds on Bluetooth hooks 😆👌.
The HiFiMan RE2000 Pro Silver will be my endgame…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back