Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jul 2, 2023 at 5:34 AM Post #62,146 of 63,916
No one is saying it's not possible to power them with 0.55vrms. It'll lack authority which you need to hear for yourself.

Another mistake you've made is only looking at the required voltage part of the calculation. By the way, both of my portable DAC-AMP dongles are capable of far higher voltages.

While voltage is essential, the more important things here are milliwatts and amperage. My portables aren't lacking in that regard, either.

Even a 0.5 dB difference in volume between amplifiers is enough to cause one to percieve the louder as being of a "higher quality". Human hearing is tricky that way.

However, if we examine the louder in the lab, we might find that it produces higher distortion, weaker channel separation, poorer dynamic range, more noise, etc..

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2023 at 10:13 AM Post #62,147 of 63,916
Trust me, you'll thank later.
st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.u1.jpg

Jul 3, 2023 at 2:13 AM Post #62,149 of 63,916
Incoming KZ Flagship

KZ Krila is coming soon. The best IEM in USD1000 bucks! Everyone is supposed to get it.

1688364588987.png
---

IEM above the current KZ AS24? last time they are being this bombastic is during "ZSX terminator"
if this means KZ finally wants to buy more premium drivers...
but this "everyone supposed to get it" tagline might mean its a "sub$1000" iem.

Jul 3, 2023 at 6:32 AM Post #62,150 of 63,916
Incoming KZ Flagship

---

IEM above the current KZ AS24? last time they are being this bombastic is during "ZSX terminator"
if this means KZ finally wants to buy more premium drivers...
but this "everyone supposed to get it" tagline might mean its a "sub$1000" iem.

So can someone just remind me how long the previous KZ AS24 remained their TOTL effort? I think the ink is still wet on the packaging!

Where did the AS24 pro disappear to?:rolling_eyes:

Jul 3, 2023 at 6:35 AM Post #62,151 of 63,916
So can someone just remind me how long the previous KZ AS24 remained their TOTL effort? I think the ink is still wet on the packaging!

Where did the AS24 pro disappear to?:rolling_eyes:
Last time they have "Flagship 1 DD",
It turns out to be Sub$50 iem, so yeah, grain of salt and all
---
If you up the brightness and contrast of the promo image, it shows DFI shell...
DFI retuned?

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2023 at 12:19 PM Post #62,152 of 63,916
I feel like there is a party here that has been going on without me… why did no one invite me for so long?

I now received the KZ 10 Pro (not X, but they are on their way..) and I can’t believe that they ARE THIS GOOD!😱 Hmmm… this gives me something to think about… and other high end brands too… crazy that it took me so long time to try these. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2023 at 5:46 PM Post #62,154 of 63,916
I feel like there is a party here that has been going on without me… why did no one invite me for so long?

I now received the KZ 10 Pro (not X, but they are on their way..) and I can’t believe that they ARE THIS GOOD!😱 Hmmm… this gives me something to think about… and other high end brands too… crazy that it took me so long time to try these. 🤷🏻‍♂️
I am still using the KZ ZAX as my daily workhouse. Take a lot of abuse but still going strong after these years. ZAX is one of the best-tuned KZ hybrids.

Jul 4, 2023 at 6:12 PM Post #62,155 of 63,916

Yep. the pinnacle of the good old KZ "rampant V" - never thought that electric guitars can sound so engaging!
I still treasure ZS10 pro as a great fun IEM, nice memories, and a good reference point.
I am still using the KZ ZAX as my daily workhouse. Take a lot of abuse but still going strong after these years. ZAX is one of the best-tuned KZ hybrids.
ZSX and ZAX are cool!
ZAX with CCA CA16 make a great contrasting hybrid couple to handle most of the music libraries. I could not get anything better under $100.
An overhyped "tuned by the curve" Hexa felt so anemic and not engaging....

I bet if to send rebadged KZ to few hyping reviewers as imitation/budget "TOTLs" - that would be really something :)

I am out of the current KZ - their collaborations with bad guys must be bad for the karma.

Jul 5, 2023 at 9:31 AM Post #62,156 of 63,916

Yep. the pinnacle of the good old KZ "rampant V" - never thought that electric guitars can sound so engaging!
I still treasure ZS10 pro as a great fun IEM, nice memories, and a good reference point.

ZSX and ZAX are cool!
ZAX with CCA CA16 make a great contrasting hybrid couple to handle most of the music libraries. I could not get anything better under $100.
An overhyped "tuned by the curve" Hexa felt so anemic and not engaging....

I bet if to send rebadged KZ to few hyping reviewers as imitation/budget "TOTLs" - that would be really something :)

I am out of the current KZ - their collaborations with bad guys must be bad for the karma.

I don't have them anymore, but i still remember that i like the ZS10Pro and ZSX, and i think it's still good even with today's competition.

Jul 5, 2023 at 3:25 PM Post #62,158 of 63,916
KZ Krila, the new hype begins.

Best up to $1000 they say.

Not bad for $16.
And yes, I just bought it.

I'll probably keep buying the occasional KZ, but they haven't ever convinced me that they are real players at the $100 price point. Even in the budget sector, real competition has started from new companies like Tangzu and Truthear. I'm not impressed with their over hyped marketing of products that have been under developed and are essentially beta releases.

A few of their products have been very good. Like the KZ Pro X or a lot of their recent single DD's. But be honest, how many forgotten sidegrades is too many? I'm running out of people to give them away to! :rolling_eyes:

Jul 6, 2023 at 5:00 AM Post #62,160 of 63,916
I haven't heard them myself, but I read a lot of positive things about the KZ D-Fi. I gifted the non-tunable version to a friend, along with the AZ09 Pro, for an entry-level "audiophile" wireless setup, and she seems happy. If the D-Fi are as good as the 7hz Zero, I think that's easily good enough for an average user.

I personally prefer the D-Fi much more to the 7hz Zero. I have the tunable version though, i haven't tried the fixed version yet

Users who are viewing this thread

Back