Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jun 7, 2023 at 11:06 AM Post #61,891 of 64,220
1686145453031.png

Seems like HBB has finally realized something is wrong with the new sets

And here's KZ reps reply on this post -

1686149943877.png
So basically KZ is saying screw you you plebs are wrong and your ears are shi*. Last straw for me, no more KZ. I hope no reviewers give them the time of the day ever again.

Jun 7, 2023 at 11:20 AM Post #61,893 of 64,220
1686145453031.png

Seems like HBB has finally realized something is wrong with the new sets

And here's KZ reps reply on this post -

1686149943877.png
Tyvan Lam: Testing conditions blah blah blah... we "fixed" the good tuning and now it's f*cked... and we have no idea how to "unfix it"... but no "sorry", just live with it, hot treble is good for loosening ear wax, so it's heathy like that... suckers!

Jun 7, 2023 at 11:56 AM Post #61,894 of 64,220
1686153375409.png

God damn, this kz guy won't admit it was a mistake

Jun 7, 2023 at 1:47 PM Post #61,896 of 64,220
This is what you need to tame the beast.

This is my setup if anyone is interested. Good set of silicon tornado tips. A 16-core Aftermarket cable and a half-decent DAC.

I limit myself to £50 pounds of IEM's a year now, which means I only buy 1 or 2 IEMs a year. I have a box full of KZ's products that will never be used again.

A lot of people are complaining about the PR2's. Now I honestly believe people are getting bad sets. My set is so neutral and natural. When I got them I thought the sub base should be better, but after listening to them for a few days now, they sound just about right. Burn-in is working.

They are the best set of IEM's i have bought. (not that i buy that many though). I'm going to use them for a year and see if KZ launches a new set next summer.

Apart from not getting the initial offer, I have no complaints.

IMG_20230607_182934.jpg

Jun 7, 2023 at 2:13 PM Post #61,897 of 64,220
I have received my PR2 (V2, without mesh) two days ago and after 7-8 hours of listening (not at once, lol), I can say that - in my opinion - it is a very good iem, maybe the best KZ in my KZ's collection (12 different iem). My set is also very neutral and natural, as Corleone - Capo dei Capi - says above, with very good separation and large soundstage. The stock cable is mediocre, but at least it have a microfon :relaxed:.
Maybe I am lucky again at "KZ's lottery" and I received a good set, but in the past years more than once I received defective KZ sets, so the KZ's QC really seems to be a big... joke! :rolling_eyes:

Jun 7, 2023 at 2:39 PM Post #61,898 of 64,220
So basically KZ is saying screw you you plebs are wrong and your ears are shi*. Last straw for me, no more KZ. I hope no reviewers give them the time of the day ever again.
IMO if KZ wants to move past “Oh, it’s a KZ” stereotype, they have to respond better to this type of PR and QC BS.

Jun 7, 2023 at 3:48 PM Post #61,899 of 64,220
I still think the PR2s are worth the price I paid (30 USD). At MSRP I don't think they cut it with the channel imbalance issues (tuning for me is ok because I use EQ, and in any case I still think that it's an above average stock tuning). The driver is technically capable but it's still obvious that this is a new technology with kinks to work out.

What ISN'T forgivable is the fact that instead of admitting that there is an issue, KZ is choosing to DOUBLE DOWN. And for that reason, my recommendation of the PR2s is now overshadowed by my refusal to buy any of KZ's products in the future. I urge you to do the same.

Jun 7, 2023 at 4:19 PM Post #61,900 of 64,220
Yeeeeeeah, no, I'm not gonna buy KZ for 100$, I got burned by AST already. Never again.
Yeah but for a $100+ you get a black cardboard box, a slab of useless metal, a cheap cable, and what could be crap, meh, good, great or just suspect IEMs that aren't the same as the review copies.

Jun 7, 2023 at 4:37 PM Post #61,901 of 64,220
Higher price then usually :/

Screenshot_2023-06-07-08-08-43-05_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg

At this price, this is a hard pass from me. I wasn't really entirely impressed by the KZ AS16 Pro last year. I was more impressed by the ZS10 Pro X. And now the PR2?

At $100 plus, this has got to be better than the Hexa and the EA500, right?

Yeah, I'll wait for reviews...

Jun 7, 2023 at 5:10 PM Post #61,902 of 64,220
AS or AST ?

Jun 7, 2023 at 7:19 PM Post #61,903 of 64,220
I think I'm officially done with KZ. I got into IEMs because of them but when I look at the box of unused KZ IEMs and all the other stuff that has transpired I don't see the need to keep coming back to this company.

I grabbed the CRA and the ESX because they were both $10 and under. I never use them. They were ok but I never loved them like all of the other KZ's I own/owned. They didn't inspire me to listen to more music. Truthfully, the only KZ/CCA that I ever touch is the original CA16 and that is very rare.

KZ is like that movie series that puts out a new movie right on schedule, has a big opening weekend, then a huge drop off the 2nd weekend and by the 3rd or 4th weekend is playing at a rundown theatre or the dirty mall because the reviews and word of mouth kills the trade.

After the entire Drivergate thing and now the PR2 nonsense ( I don't mind the PR2 but then I've barely listened to because of lack of time due to working in an office building again) I'm not sure what's the point of buying from this seeming tone deaf company.

I grabbed the PR2 because I wanted to try a cheap Planar, I like 95% of the music HBB listens to and the KZ Global price was right. Yeah ...

I have the EA500 in the mail, I'm looking at splurging on an AFUL so I'm out of the KZ biz. Good luck to everyone still hanging on. I'd say I hope that KZ learns from this fiasco but...

Jun 7, 2023 at 9:48 PM Post #61,904 of 64,220
PR2.jpg

My measurements KZ PR2 (latest version?).
NiceHCK GreenJelly + Audiosense S400 tips.

some wrds about sound: warm and bassy.
I still prefer PR1 Hifi and PR1 Pro + 300dp mesh. PR2 - a mass sound

Jun 8, 2023 at 12:15 AM Post #61,905 of 64,220
I have been with KZ since the release of ZST. I have watched the entire development of the Chinese handset market since then. Many times there have been hype-trains, disputes, pulling of personal dirt from companies, quality control problems, mass orders that blocked. This has never been the domain of KZ alone.
The number of models released is very high, but over the years it has been combined with quality progression, which KZ also initiated.
I guess that being a company that produces low-cost iems for picky customers is very difficult.

Let everyone judge how they want and who they want. I personally will never again buy a headphone more expensive than $300, and preferably no more than $100.
I like that range and I like KZ, and I personally would prefer they stay within that range. I'm hoping, also, that they will improve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back