Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jun 2, 2023 at 1:43 PM Post #61,786 of 64,382
graph (8).png

Measurements taken by @gadgetgod

You feel the extra treble much more than the graph shows

So yes, this is not the same IEM advertised by HBB or KZ 😅
Reading this and watching a recent YouTube review that measured the meshless version and talked about the sibilance, I'm now really genuinely pi**ed off, especially my sets have just had the bogus tracking code from AliExpress after a month of waiting which means I can't cancel them now. Why t f would they do this?? Has anyone tagged HBB or Tyvan to say anything about this, apart from the bs statement that they said this wouldn't affect the sound? Has HBB said anything at all? I was really hyped when more and more of you got your sets and confirmed the original tuning was excellent, now I'm just really angry.

Jun 2, 2023 at 3:29 PM Post #61,787 of 64,382
Reading this and watching a recent YouTube review that measured the meshless version and talked about the sibilance, I'm now really genuinely pi**ed off, especially my sets have just had the bogus tracking code from AliExpress after a month of waiting which means I can't cancel them now. Why t f would they do this?? Has anyone tagged HBB or Tyvan to say anything about this, apart from the bs statement that they said this wouldn't affect the sound? Has HBB said anything at all? I was really hyped when more and more of you got your sets and confirmed the original tuning was excellent, now I'm just really angry.
Agree this sucks and I'm in pretty much the same situation as you. I like bright highs I really enjoy the Simgot EA500 for instance that's got a lot of treble energy so I'm just hoping these boosted 8K-10K+ will be to my liking

BUT

The situation is inexcusable. I bought these because HBB said "these are the best planars in my opinion" and they are $30/40 and I don't have a planar set. So to switch up the tuning like that is not acceptable. Tyvan claimed the tuning wasn't affected or was the same.

I have Tanchjim Tanya filters....maybe they will help?

Also I got the fake tracking number as well: I messaged and called the store out on it. They actually "canceled" that shipment/tracking, and a week later seemed to actually send the product (actually moving around).

Jun 2, 2023 at 3:46 PM Post #61,788 of 64,382
My PR2 finally arrived from KZ Global Store (ordered April 27th with the coupon code - $31). FWIW, the order never tracked properly on any external sites. I also ordered a NiceHCK RedAG cable around the same time, maybe a day later after the PR2. The tracking on that was the same as this, completely off, but it arrived in two weeks or so.

Jun 2, 2023 at 3:49 PM Post #61,789 of 64,382
Also I got the fake tracking number as well: I messaged and called the store out on it. They actually "canceled" that shipment/tracking, and a week later seemed to actually send the product (actually moving around).

I got the fake tracking too that seemed to start over. Never tracked properly but I got them today. So hang in there, hopefully they'll arrive soon if you haven't received it yet.

My initial impression off the bat - I prefer the Simgot EA500. I need to spend a lot more time with these though.

Jun 2, 2023 at 4:21 PM Post #61,790 of 64,382
I got the fake tracking too that seemed to start over. Never tracked properly but I got them today. So hang in there, hopefully they'll arrive soon if you haven't received it yet.

My initial impression off the bat - I prefer the Simgot EA500. I need to spend a lot more time with these though.
Hopefully someone can at least make a good EQ between the two for people to use. Still a nothing though.

Jun 2, 2023 at 4:43 PM Post #61,792 of 64,382
My PR2's are stuck in customs for many days now...

Jun 2, 2023 at 4:46 PM Post #61,793 of 64,382
Does anyone here own the Tin HiFi P1 as well as the PR2? I wondered if anyone could offer comparisons?

Jun 2, 2023 at 5:45 PM Post #61,794 of 64,382
Does anyone here own the Tin HiFi P1 as well as the PR2? I wondered if anyone could offer comparisons?

The OG Tin Hifi P1?

I have both. I'll try to make a comparison tonight.

Jun 2, 2023 at 6:38 PM Post #61,795 of 64,382
Got my PR2's. Mine have the mesh filter in. I haven't listened to them that much, but what I can say, is they have excellent detail. Very flat, but that's not a bad thing. They do take a bit more power to run, but i can run them on my phone.

But saying that, can anyone recommend a cheap dongle dac from amazon. around 10 quid.

Final word, well worth the money and KZ global sent them out quick. I got them 10 days before the delivery date.

Jun 3, 2023 at 1:21 AM Post #61,798 of 64,382

KZ PR2 vs Tin P1

For this comparison, I used Dunu S&S (M) tips on both sets. Both sets also have aftermarket 2.5mm balanced cables into my S9 Pro.

- Much fuller sub-bass on the PR2 than P1. More punchy sounding.
- PR2 is more of a V-shape sound. P1 is more of an L-Shape sound.
- Denser note weight in the mids and trebles in the P1 than the PR2.
- PR2 is better at instument definition and separation.
- P1 sounds more "cohesive" in the mids and treble. Less definition but still musical.
- PR2 has a touch more depth.
- Soundstage width/height seems to be a tie between the two.

Jun 3, 2023 at 3:56 AM Post #61,799 of 64,382
My PR2 finally arrive since 27th April.
The site predict it'll be "delivered" at Jun1, it arrive at Jun 2 but i wasn't home, so the delivery man redeliver it today (3rd)
--
Still feeling it out but right out of the bat it seems to have more forward and more isolated vocals, better seperations on instruments compared to PR1 Pro

---
pics PR1 Pro and PR2
1685778808675.png
1685778897537.png

1685778921389.png
1685778906010.png

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2023 at 4:30 AM Post #61,800 of 64,382
Got my PR2's. Mine have the mesh filter in. I haven't listened to them that much, but what I can say, is they have excellent detail. Very flat, but that's not a bad thing. They do take a bit more power to run, but i can run them on my phone.

But saying that, can anyone recommend a cheap dongle dac from amazon. around 10 quid.

Final word, well worth the money and KZ global sent them out quick. I got them 10 days before the delivery date.
Try Jcally AP90.
Also on a sidenote, it sounds very flat out of a high impedance source (i.e phone)
It will sound very different with a low impedance source such as that dac/amp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back