Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
May 8, 2023 at 6:18 AM Post #61,291 of 64,221
That code might work for Australia, but it doesn't work for the UK.

Mine still haven't shipped, ordered on the 4th. Delivery by the 7th june.

1308 orders through the global store. I've read reviews its better than the PR1 PRO.
Mine is by 1 first june,
Review so far shows to be smoother, cleaner, abit more natural sounding version of PR1 Pro.
Done at cost of drivability it seems. One reviewer compares it to Headphones in terms of how power hungry it is.

That being said, it is mostly the same driver with PR1 Pro (different damper and some mild change) so there is driver limitation on how far HBB could push it.
Some treble head still prefer PR1 Pro for its extended bright treble which for them, its giving better "musicality"
Tough they agreed on PR2 still win in cleaner sound and details.

May 8, 2023 at 6:59 AM Post #61,292 of 64,221
Damn, that's cheap. Gutted i missed out on that deal.
I literally just ordered mine yesterday. Had to order from eBay as I could not order from Aliexpress because they don't deliver to my country. Weird as well, because I have been able to order cables, etc from Aliexpress before.

May 8, 2023 at 10:39 AM Post #61,293 of 64,221
Listening to PR2 with increased DAC power source: rolled with 3x Burson Vi5 opamps - definitely improves the stage, mids & bass. A new amp arrives on Wednesday - so rolling it with two Burson V5's...hence i need to solder another DIP IC Socket adaptor to fit them inside the casing.

Attachments

• dac.jpg
    dac.jpg
    235.1 KB · Views: 0
  • d1.jpg
    d1.jpg
    282 KB · Views: 0
  • d2.jpg
    d2.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
May 8, 2023 at 1:49 PM Post #61,295 of 64,221
Heads up for anyone who ordered from via Ali - KZ Global Store, it's essentially a pre-order / pre-sale, which obviously was not communicated anywhere, plus having enquired they have no idea when units will ship. So all in all, a total mess.

May 8, 2023 at 1:58 PM Post #61,296 of 64,221
Heads up for anyone who ordered from via Ali - KZ Global Store, it's essentially a pre-order / pre-sale, which obviously was not communicated anywhere, plus having enquired they have no idea when units will ship. So all in all, a total mess.
They will have to ship within AE shipping dates otherwise they will lose money.

May 8, 2023 at 2:11 PM Post #61,298 of 64,221
Speaking of BAs - my KZ ASTs sound bliss when paired with the HiFiMAN EF400. For portable use, the Zorloo Ztella works a treat. The ASTs don't sound muddy with an R2R or ESS dac. They are an amazing IEM for their consistency across the whole frequency spectrum. Love them 🎧
Yes, I agree. Considering all the different driver types the AST is wonderfully coherent and well balanced and despite the bulky earpieces it is very comfortable with good isolation. Definitely one of the best KZs.

May 8, 2023 at 2:32 PM Post #61,299 of 64,221
May 8, 2023 at 9:42 PM Post #61,303 of 64,221
They will have to ship within AE shipping dates otherwise they will lose money.

Extending shipping time is probably prudent fot anyone waiting for a PR2 order from KZ Global Store. I believe orders will automatically cancel and refund after 14 days otherwise. :astonished:

The usual Aliexpress seller shenanigan is to push out a placeholder fake tracking number first, to meet AE's deadlines. So this bypasses their internal deadline and mysteriously days later the tracking number suddenly changes.

Word of warning though, some disreputable Aliexpress shops have tried to scam me before by issuing said fake tracking number, and it subsequently says delivered (but obviously the item was not even sent out and nothing was received on my end). I had encountered shops giving a tracking number to a Siberian wilderness address LOL (definitely not where I stay at). So be wary and pay attention to the tracking, cause if the item is labelled as "delivered" and the case is closed, you might be on the losing end from some of these unscrupulous shops.

May 8, 2023 at 10:13 PM Post #61,304 of 64,221
The usual Aliexpress seller shenanigan is to push out a placeholder fake tracking number first, to meet AE's deadlines. So this bypasses their internal deadline and mysteriously days later the tracking number suddenly changes.

Word of warning though, some disreputable Aliexpress shops have tried to scam me before by issuing said fake tracking number, and it subsequently says delivered (but obviously the item was not even sent out and nothing was received on my end). I had encountered shops giving a tracking number to a Siberian wilderness address LOL (definitely not where I stay at). So be wary and pay attention to the tracking, cause if the item is labelled as "delivered" and the case is closed, you might be on the losing end from some of these unscrupulous shops.
I did not dare to gamble on AliExpress, even tough the item looks mysteriously cheap.
unless the store have 95%~ ish positive review, i didn't dare to buy from it
they are on a different country, only so much so that i could do

May 9, 2023 at 3:41 AM Post #61,305 of 64,221
Did anyone that ordered with coupon get it? Mine still hasn't shipped either and I ordered the 27th, half worried they'll just let the coupon orders be automatically cancelled

Users who are viewing this thread

Back