Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Dec 22, 2022 at 12:19 PM Post #60,586 of 63,884
The battery life is down to 6 hours compared to the AZ09 pro's 8 hours per-charge... I'd stick to my AZ09 pro for now
I also noticed that apart from the shortened battery life, the new model doesn't bring anything new, just a higher price. And I highly doubt it supports APTX adaptive, like my 09 Pro.

Dec 22, 2022 at 5:58 PM Post #60,588 of 63,884
Finally!
Ordered KZ PR1 Pro, Nov 20th,
and just got them today Dec 22nd.

That's a new record for me when it comes to shipping time.
I thought for sure they were lost...never realized what a neurotic nutcase I was until I clicked on the package tracking sites about 7,000 times since ordering.
I think I'll wrap them and put them under the tree. Then I'll have something to look forward to, so no review today. :frowning2:

Dec 22, 2022 at 8:01 PM Post #60,590 of 63,884
Here is my take on the latest Pokemon model.

They somehow keep releasing poops like this and in the same time they are wondering why people are shouting at them or move on to mid-fi company budget model that is way more carefully designed and tuned.

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2022 at 9:09 PM Post #60,592 of 63,884
Indeed.

They need to change the tuning and I have no idea why they sent this to me.
its a good thing they sent it to you.
we could have proper information about this IEM from you.
the other "reviewer" they sent their sub$15 iems right now barely able to read the information in the box.
one of them give info as much as "its bassy and stereo"

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2022 at 7:57 AM Post #60,593 of 63,884
its a good thing they sent it to you.
we could have proper information about this IEM from you.
the other "reviewer" they sent their sub$15 iems right now barely able to read the information in the box.
one of them give info as much as "its bassy and stereo"
Well that’s is probably 100% true and they have not lied but what they really need is a engineer who designs a perfect mid-range then do an upper and lower to compliment it :thinking: Just my $0.02:beerchug:

Dec 23, 2022 at 8:41 AM Post #60,594 of 63,884
Well that’s is probably 100% true and they have not lied but what they really need is a engineer who designs a perfect mid-range then do an upper and lower to compliment it :thinking: Just my $0.02:beerchug:
100%+ agree on KZ's mid range!

Taking all-BAs as an example:
KZ bass BAs were good from the beginning (Knowles-like), the new black ones are more dampened and closer to Sonion's;
KZ treble BAs were a bit steely at first, but KZ worked them out to be pretty decent;
but no ED-29689 like mid-range BA drivers for KZ.

So if (that is not for granted) KZ wants to do the mid-range well, starting with ED-29689 integration and possibly procuring analogous drivers would be a good starting point.

I do wish someone like Crin retuned ASX/AST with a good midrange!

P. S. edited for typos and clarity

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2022 at 11:51 PM Post #60,596 of 63,884
Someone in their marketing division is receiving a dressing down, over over his misapprehension that a $20 IEM constitutes a significant bribe in an OECD country.
oh my god, you should see one of them. i forgot, is it the CCA FLA?9

but dude (silently) screams "oneplus sent me review copy" energy in the vids.
he put the oneplus smartphone smackdab in the center propped up with a stand, wore a oneplus blue hat, and make (thankfully short) mention of the phone.

i sincerely hope that i was right and he just got his review unit, not just a (a bit sad) enthusiastic fan of oneplus.
---
Not to make fun of the "reviewer" but the dude barely make an effort to create a comprehensive or at least informational review/first-impression.
I remember another dude make a very positive, fairly long, and very flowery written review of an iem in facebook, i forgot what iem, but in disregard that it seems to be a "paid piece" at least the dude make hell of an effort to wrote that thing down.

i'm not particularly fond of these low-effort misleading mouthpiece.

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2022 at 10:15 PM Post #60,597 of 63,884
I thought I'd share these measurements taken with my MiniDSP Ears using IDF calibration. Subjectively, the CCAFLA sounds the most laidback out of the bunch: male and female vocals are generally warm, not thin, do have body; bass is a little loose and not too overpowering (vs. stock CCA CRA) despite what the measurements show; treble isn't the most detailed compared to the others, not gritty, not steely surprisingly (from ears, it is more detailed than the CCA HM20); subjectively soundstage is quite wide, depth is pretty good compared to others on the graph, height isn't as big as Moondrop CHU. I think this is the most laidback, stock CCA I've tried. I'd take it over stock CCA CRA, stock KZ EDX Ultra, stock CCA HM20, maybe even over the stock CCA CRA+. I listen mostly to indie rock, Japanese 80s citypop.

Attachments

• Salnotes Zero Candenza FLA CHU.png
    Salnotes Zero Candenza FLA CHU.png
    93.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Dec 25, 2022 at 11:17 PM Post #60,598 of 63,884
Maybe some unfair graph comparisons :p

LZ-A7 is with stock nozzle and stock medium, black ear tips. I haven't messed around with other nozzles and tips.

Attachments

• FLA AS16 Pro HiIMP Hexa A7.png
    FLA AS16 Pro HiIMP Hexa A7.png
    94.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Dec 26, 2022 at 12:30 AM Post #60,599 of 63,884
Last set of comparisons for the night.

Attachments

• FLA MH755 EDX Ultra CRA+ CRA.png
    FLA MH755 EDX Ultra CRA+ CRA.png
    100.4 KB · Views: 0
Dec 26, 2022 at 12:45 AM Post #60,600 of 63,884
I also noticed that apart from the shortened battery life, the new model doesn't bring anything new, just a higher price. And I highly doubt it supports APTX adaptive, like my 09 Pro.
Lol KZ didn't even mention AptX adaptive on their marketing for the AZ09pro. The AZ15 doesn't offer anything new from the AZ09pro, less battery life, higher price and goddamn gold accent. Oh standard mode is advertised now lol. I believe my AZ09pro also has 3 modes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back