Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Sep 23, 2022 at 3:50 PM Post #60,136 of 63,917
Its currently not available and many say the sound of this isn't as clean as as10 or ba10 or dq6
I think that if you are completely new to iem eda balanced can be a good "introduction" for you: a fun but pretty accurate tuning with a very fast and tight bass (IMO eda balanced is far superior to dq6).
Completely different from as10 and ba10 which are all BA iem.

Sep 23, 2022 at 3:57 PM Post #60,138 of 63,917
I think that if you are completely new to iem eda balanced can be a good "introduction" for you: a fun but pretty accurate tuning with a very fast and tight bass (IMO eda balanced is far superior to dq6).
Completely different from as10 and ba10 which are all BA iem.
Yeah i am completely new and confused with this many iem's i dont even know the main difference between a all ba and dynamic driver setup as i havent heard any all ba ones i have heard kz zsn pro x which have both dynamic driver and ba's which i liked but it lacked in clarity. I went for the ba10 as some websites suggested that as ba's work in a certain frequency range it provides cleaner sound than dynamic driver's but now i realized that it doesn't work like that and i just oversimplified it.

Sep 23, 2022 at 4:01 PM Post #60,139 of 63,917
Speaking of KZ...

1663963260341.png

https://www.reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/xm6hyp/kz_looking_to_take_down_their_competitors/

They are sinking lower and lower....

Sep 23, 2022 at 4:19 PM Post #60,141 of 63,917
graph - 2022-09-23T212252.598.png

If u want mids, dont think KZ is the brand you should go for tbh...

Check out the Salnotes Zero.

graph - 2022-09-23T212544.547.png
It is not available in my area so i can't get it but they said it might get available next month but unsure of it. Should i wait and can you tell me how much difference is between this and ba10 in mids and details if the difference isn't drastic i will go for ba10 otherwise i will cancel the order and buy a cheap headphone until that becomes available will the waiting be worth it?

Sep 23, 2022 at 4:33 PM Post #60,143 of 63,917
It is not available in my area so i can't get it but they said it might get available next month but unsure of it. Should i wait and can you tell me how much difference is between this and ba10 in mids and details if the difference isn't drastic i will go for ba10 otherwise i will cancel the order and buy a cheap headphone until that becomes available will the waiting be worth it?
I dont have the Salnotes Zero, but the graph difference between it and the BA10 are implying heavily that the Zero is tuned much better for mids.

Sep 23, 2022 at 5:23 PM Post #60,144 of 63,917
KZ choose a very bad rep.
That rep is VERY argumentative and barely exist in KZ own discord.
Fiio googletranslate rep is by far more helpful and more communicative.

Lots have points out in discord that they need rep with more fluent english because of ease of misunderstanding and rep with better community communication capability.
But yeah, fell on deaf ears of that rep.

Its a bad wording, its a bad move to make as a company representative. but yeah, he felt he can do no wrong so...

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2022 at 6:00 PM Post #60,145 of 63,917
It's hard to get an all - BA IEM for $20, and I've yet to find any "recessed" mids.
Research and learn about the differences of Balanced Armature (BA) and Dynamic Driver (DD).
Then you have to decide which music genre you prefer.
Read through the reviews here, for the suggested music genre, etc. .
Congratulations for finding the right thread for IEMs that are inexpensive, sound great, and offer incredible value.

Right now, for $20-$30, you can get a hybrid BA and DD that sound great.

I'm an all - BA guy so my opinions are biased.

Sep 24, 2022 at 1:09 AM Post #60,146 of 63,917
For me , Salnotes Zero like Zero in Mids and Vocals (Crin tuned Zero like Monarch MKII in Mids but different quality IEM) . (I don't know who tuned Salnotes Zero )
Good but not amazing.
I don't say , if them was retuned like "XXXX" , it'll like "XXXX" . I don't judge them by graphs , but from my ears.
I like DQ6S and ZS10 Pro X over Salnotes Zero and Zero .
(Ps. ZS10 Pro X still have a little harden BA styles / AS 16 Pro have very good BA driver but not good in Low and Mids)

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2022 at 2:01 AM Post #60,147 of 63,917
Sep 24, 2022 at 2:56 AM Post #60,148 of 63,917
Which IEM is he trying to discredit and why? That is, what possible reasoning is behind his attempt to discredit this... celest... thing he's referencing?
It's Kinera Celest Gumiho.
Not sure if they are using "real planar" or not, but On other side, aside from KZ, i feel we need to know if Kinera using similar planar or just "gimmicky planar" like what chifi industry did with "ESTs"
I myself also don't have any information nor education about what kind of planar used in budget segment, but the day I tried Huawei Freebuds Pro 2 which is claimed to have planar inside, but turned out they are small box that more looked like BA than planar to me, and it doesn't have details like my Timeless.

Sep 24, 2022 at 3:20 AM Post #60,149 of 63,917
I don't want to defend or attack any brand here but the definition of the word planar is very broad by itself:
1: of, relating to, or lying in a plane
2: two-dimensional in quality

The correct thing to do for these companies would be to be more precise in their descriptions.
Planar with tech x, planar with tech y

Sep 24, 2022 at 4:32 AM Post #60,150 of 63,917
It's Kinera Celest Gumiho.
Not sure if they are using "real planar" or not, but On other side, aside from KZ, i feel we need to know if Kinera using similar planar or just "gimmicky planar" like what chifi industry did with "ESTs"
I myself also don't have any information nor education about what kind of planar used in budget segment, but the day I tried Huawei Freebuds Pro 2 which is claimed to have planar inside, but turned out they are small box that more looked like BA than planar to me, and it doesn't have details like my Timeless.
Apparently tyvan is not the only one who kinda sus on Kinera Celest "Planar".
Kinera also pre-emptively renamed it as new type of driver, "Square Planar Driver". So technically, they can say its not a traditional planar.
Seems kz a bit pissed someone manage to undercut their Planar-IEM pricing by using Square Planar Driver and get better response.
well, seems more loved tuning and better box set kinda have that effect on people, KZ.

Some have complaining on the wasteful tuning used on CCA pla13 on kz discord but at the time, he remain defensive on the tuning.
But apparently the complains went through a bit as the KZ version of planar, PR1 (apparently the request to have more thematic name haven't gone through) will have two version, the "KZ bassy fun" PLA13 like tuning and the Hifi version seems to have more balanced with better treble extension.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back