Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Sep 23, 2022 at 9:52 AM Post #60,121 of 64,232
I am completely new to iem's i have a low budget of 30 dollars and have seven options kz ba10,kz zs10,kz as10, kz dq6, kz zsn pro x, kbear lark and blon 03 which should i go for the zs10 and as10 are more expensive st around 45 dollars and ba10 is around .21dollars so i was going for kz ba10 but it doesn't have many reviews and also reviews suggest that it is extremely uncomfortable but i normally prefer music quality over comfort but is that really that much uncomfortable? which should i go for You can also suggest me if other options are available and also please tell me which one sounds the best of these bunch?

Sep 23, 2022 at 10:19 AM Post #60,122 of 64,232
I am completely new to iem's i have a low budget of 30 dollars and have seven options kz ba10,kz zs10,kz as10, kz dq6, kz zsn pro x, kbear lark and blon 03 which should i go for the zs10 and as10 are more expensive st around 45 dollars and ba10 is around .21dollars so i was going for kz ba10 but it doesn't have many reviews and also reviews suggest that it is extremely uncomfortable but i normally prefer music quality over comfort but is that really that much uncomfortable? which should i go for You can also suggest me if other options are available and also please tell me which one sounds the best of these bunch?
If you can find BA10 at below $30 - go for it - it is a more advanced version of AS10, with the only one disadvantage of a large angular shell. There are good reviews when BA10 became available as $20-30 IEM (vs its original peice of $85, shocking for KZ IEM at that time).
BA10 is likely sold out now.

DQ6 and ZEX would be other good candidates to consider.
All of them, BA10, DQ6 and ZEX, have very different sound signatures - look up opinions and see what will align better with your preferences.

Sep 23, 2022 at 10:44 AM Post #60,123 of 64,232
If you can get the BA10 for $21 then do not hesitate. It is one of KZ's finest. Fit should not be a problem if you have fairly large ear canals. Along with the ZS7 the BA10 is my favourite KZ.

Sep 23, 2022 at 10:55 AM Post #60,124 of 64,232

For me , DQ6S is good choice .
Natural vocals and have enough body. There is a good weight sound gradation , attractive, unique. Vocals and instrument have realistic sounds. The gradation of the instrument sounds is good. Bass has a good rumble and control is fairly good.
The soundstage and dimensions are quite good. Bloate sound is weakness.
ZS10 Pro X similar to DQ6S in Vocals but still hardened BA style . ZS10 Pro X has better in detail , soundstage and smooth .

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2022 at 2:41 PM Post #60,126 of 64,232
If you can find BA10 at below $30 - go for it - it is a more advanced version of AS10, with the only one disadvantage of a large angular shell. There are good reviews when BA10 became available as $20-30 IEM (vs its original peice of $85, shocking for KZ IEM at that time).
BA10 is likely sold out now.

DQ6 and ZEX would be other good candidates to consider.
All of them, BA10, DQ6 and ZEX, have very different sound signatures - look up opinions and see what will align better with your preferences.
I like more natural sound with good mids with good instrument separation and clear sound whuch one should i get ba10 or dq6 also i actually wrote the price of zs10 wrong it is around 28 and dq6 is around 18 dollars.

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2022 at 2:47 PM Post #60,127 of 64,232
Very low budget? KZ eda balanced.

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2022 at 2:51 PM Post #60,128 of 64,232
For me , DQ6S is good choice .
Natural vocals and have enough body. There is a good weight sound gradation , attractive, unique. Vocals and instrument have realistic sounds. The gradation of the instrument sounds is good. Bass has a good rumble and control is fairly good.
The soundstage and dimensions are quite good. Bloate sound is weakness.
ZS10 Pro X similar to DQ6S in Vocals but still hardened BA style . ZS10 Pro X has better in detail , soundstage and smooth .

306933804_613104507130798_8546692584524099861_n.jpg
The thing is i have already ordered the ba10 as the deal on it was ending and only 1 unit was left should i cancel it and get this for 19 is there any drastic difference between them i really like clear vocals and good mids clear sound with good sound instrument separation and imaging. I am currently not a iem enthusiast and only starting with this should i cancel it?

Sep 23, 2022 at 2:56 PM Post #60,129 of 64,232
I like more natural sound with good mids with good instrument separation and clear sound whuch one should i get ba10 or dq6 also i actually wrote the price of zs10 wrong it is around 28 and dq6 is around 18 dollars.
BA10 will work, getting it for $20 is great.

Sep 23, 2022 at 3:20 PM Post #60,130 of 64,232
BA10 will work, getting it for $20 is great.
Thanks for helping already ordered it as it has sold out really fast and only 1 unit was left. But i am still confused as some are saying dq6 provides better and clear sound so i am kinda confuzzled right now it would have been really great if i could try them in person but there is no shop that gives free trials. I have already described my music type did i make any mistake getting it over dq6?

Sep 23, 2022 at 3:24 PM Post #60,132 of 64,232
Thanks for helping already ordered it as it has sold out really fast and only 1 unit was left. But i am still confused as some are saying dq6 provides better and clear sound so i am kinda confuzzled right now it would have been really great if i could try them in person but there is no shop that gives free trials. I have already described my music type did i make any mistake getting it over dq6?
DQ6 are great, too bright for some,, but excellent $25-30 IEM.
BA10 used to be KZ's top IEM, and to me BA10 are still at different level than DQ6.
Part if it also the preference for all-BAs vs. DDs.

P. S. EDA balanced and ESX are single DDs, very good, but more basic.

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2022 at 3:26 PM Post #60,133 of 64,232
graph - 2022-09-23T212252.598.png

If u want mids, dont think KZ is the brand you should go for tbh...

Check out the Salnotes Zero.

graph - 2022-09-23T212544.547.png

Sep 23, 2022 at 3:27 PM Post #60,134 of 64,232
The main problem of the ba10 is the fit in the ear, they are big by themselves and they have a wide sound guide, so they may not fit just physically. I would never recommend them as the only or first iem, although I like their sound.

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2022 at 3:42 PM Post #60,135 of 64,232
The development of IEMs has been very rapid. All of the models you have listed are several years old and have been eclipsed by more recent releases. Some were very good when they were released.
If u want mids, dont think KZ is the brand you should go for tbh...

Check out the Salnotes Zero.
This is very good advise. KZ focuses on V shaped signatures with recessed mids. 7Hz Salnotes Zero is the best current budget option for good mids! Ironically, if you had asked a couple of months ago, it would have been the Moondrop Chu (things change pretty fast).

I'm fond of the CVJ CSA, but wouldn't recommend that over the Zero now.:L3000:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back