Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Sep 15, 2022 at 3:51 AM Post #60,106 of 63,914
From further testing on AS16 Pro (yes i know it's outdated st KZ's pace) it scales pretty well with better quality sources such as SACDlDSD compared to MP3 or AAC or MQA(FLAC). the resolution is definitely there with high quality sources, not just higher powered source equipment. the instrument separation of multi BA arrangement really shines even though it might not have the more accurate timbre of an all Knowles unit.

Sep 15, 2022 at 11:10 PM Post #60,107 of 63,914
KZ ASF way too big for my ears, my right ear hurts greatly when I try to use them. The ZEX PROs are slightly smaller and justtttt about usable for me, but not for too long of time periods. How do the AS16 pros compare in size to these two?

Sep 15, 2022 at 11:42 PM Post #60,108 of 63,914
KZ ASF way too big for my ears, my right ear hurts greatly when I try to use them. The ZEX PROs are slightly smaller and justtttt about usable for me, but not for too long of time periods. How do the AS16 pros compare in size to these two?
I have/had those three iems. ASF is just ok, or so-so comfortable for me but OK. AS16 pro is a perfect fit for me. YMMV

Sep 16, 2022 at 2:43 AM Post #60,109 of 63,914
Zex pro is smallest and I find most comfortable. AS16 Pro is larger but still comfortable, NOT for side sleeping but still comfortable and reasonably secure due to deeper fit. ASF is similar size to AS16 Pro but least comfortable of the three, the wing is a little weirdly shaped compared to most semi-custom shaped IEMs. :L3000:

Sep 16, 2022 at 4:38 AM Post #60,110 of 63,914
After recieving several "complaints" over how CCA PLA13 is tuned
namely, complains on how its tuned to KZ sound sig which kinda blunted the planar driver
KZ is going to release "KZ" side of Planar IEMs which uniquely have two iems with two separate tuning targets

Presumably the standard will have KZ fun V, while the high res should be flatter (less bass) or have higher treble.
No additional info like graph yet.
---
Confirmation by KZ rep
1663320415244.png

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2022 at 6:08 AM Post #60,111 of 63,914
namely, complains on how its tuned to KZ sound sig which kinda blunted the planar driver
KZ is going to release "KZ" side of Planar IEMs which uniquely have two iems with two separate tuning targets

Presumably the standard will have KZ fun V, while the high res should be flatter (less bass) or have higher treble.
---
Confirmation by KZ rep
1663320415244.png

Well, that's par for the course for KZ.

Maybe if you wait one week after this new planar is launched, a "PRO" version of it will also be released thereafter.

Sep 16, 2022 at 10:08 AM Post #60,112 of 63,914

---
Confirmation by KZ rep
1663320415244.png
Most importantly they oriented the Planar text correctly on both sides on this one :)

Sep 16, 2022 at 11:24 AM Post #60,113 of 63,914

---
Confirmation by KZ rep

---
Confirmation by KZ rep
1663320415244.png
now that is a beautiful shell.

Sep 21, 2022 at 11:48 AM Post #60,120 of 63,914
Hello, i have xb90ex but already dead.
Is there any kz can beat xb90ex?

I decide to pick kz zas, or any other alternative better quality than xb90ex?

I hear about cca pla 13,.. is that iem big upgrade to kz zas?
Because my budget on kz zas

Sorry for my bad english

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back