Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jul 4, 2022 at 3:58 AM Post #59,581 of 63,907
Sadly the Moondrop Chu comes with s/m/l tips. If you take large tips normally, you probably need XL spring tips as they're smaller fitting than normal. So three sets of tips that won't fit. :triportsad:
yes they are slightly smaller than spinfits. i use large spring tips when medium spinfits are equivalent. spring tips are softer and thinner than spring tips even XL would fit snugly and provide better isolation at the expense of comfort maybe as i can still use large spinfits albeit it's tighter fit depends how snug you want your fit to be.

Jul 4, 2022 at 6:25 AM Post #59,582 of 63,907
Isn't this the only thread to talk about KZ products?
Ideally there should be a thread for each specific product, and then a general KZ thread like this one for general things for the company.

Sub thread of KZ products? that will be covering few pages on KZs only :sweat_smile:
Sorry i don't have KZ SK10 Pro, I only have Z1 and current flagship tws VX10 from them, both no APTX, checked on developer options

Jul 4, 2022 at 10:50 AM Post #59,583 of 63,907
Sub thread of KZ products? that will be covering few pages on KZs only :sweat_smile:
Sorry i don't have KZ SK10 Pro, I only have Z1 and current flagship tws VX10 from them, both no APTX, checked on developer options
I know, but it's what it takes, just like any other brand. If you join all the SONY headsets you will have hundreds of threads too, for example. It would be really helpful for all users to have a dedicated thread for each product, under KZ sub-group. Forums like xda do this, and it's so easy to discuss and find solutions for a specific device, where only owners of that device participate.

"Flagship" VX10 is known to use AAC, which is inferior to aptX HD. KZ advertises it to work with AAC, so it's fine. The problem is KZ advertises models like KZ Z3 to work with aptX HD, which I bought for that reason, just to find out it was all a lie. I bought at the same time the SK10 Pro which is advertised as well to work with aptX HD, and I wanted to know before hand if it's another lie.

Jul 4, 2022 at 11:04 AM Post #59,584 of 63,907
I know, but it's what it takes, just like any other brand. If you join all the SONY headsets you will have hundreds of threads too, for example. It would be really helpful for all users to have a dedicated thread for each product, under KZ sub-group. Forums like xda do this, and it's so easy to discuss and find solutions for a specific device, where only owners of that device participate.

"Flagship" VX10 is known to use AAC, which is inferior to aptX HD. KZ advertises it to work with AAC, so it's fine. The problem is KZ advertises models like KZ Z3 to work with aptX HD, which I bought for that reason, just to find out it was all a lie. I bought at the same time the SK10 Pro which is advertised as well to work with aptX HD, and I wanted to know before hand if it's another lie.
maybe the chip from Qualcomm supports but they didn't implement it ? keeping for the next iteration of products? but they should not advertise it if they didn't implement it.

Jul 4, 2022 at 11:20 AM Post #59,585 of 63,907
There are also a bunch of issues with Android and Bluetooth in general, in my experience.
I had issues with app being a bit too exclusive and locking out other apps from using "hires" codecs, whatever output I was using, just by having that app installed.
So no hires from jack, USB DAC or bluetooth despite using a Qudelix 5K, everything was locked at 16bits/48kHz, standard AptX or the lowest LDAC option available through Poweramp, and I had to uninstall a bunch of audio apps until I found the one that was interfering (which was a virtual synthesizer app, strangely enough).
I might also be misremembering it, but I think I read somewhere that Qualcom might limit some functionalities from their chip, except if the device maker was buying some kind of licence to use said functionalities.
Can't remember the details so, as I said, but that apparently used to be an issue with some phones, even if you tweaked the devs options.
My guess is that, if you're able to get AptX HD by using another pair of TWS with your device, then the Z3 doesn't and so KZ is using false advertising.

Jul 4, 2022 at 3:53 PM Post #59,587 of 63,907
There are also a bunch of issues with Android and Bluetooth in general, in my experience.
I had issues with app being a bit too exclusive and locking out other apps from using "hires" codecs, whatever output I was using, just by having that app installed.
So no hires from jack, USB DAC or bluetooth despite using a Qudelix 5K, everything was locked at 16bits/48kHz, standard AptX or the lowest LDAC option available through Poweramp, and I had to uninstall a bunch of audio apps until I found the one that was interfering (which was a virtual synthesizer app, strangely enough).
I might also be misremembering it, but I think I read somewhere that Qualcom might limit some functionalities from their chip, except if the device maker was buying some kind of licence to use said functionalities.
Can't remember the details so, as I said, but that apparently used to be an issue with some phones, even if you tweaked the devs options.
My guess is that, if you're able to get AptX HD by using another pair of TWS with your device, then the Z3 doesn't and so KZ is using false advertising.
I have a POCO F2 Pro with 2020 (or 2021?) flagship Qualcomm Snapdragon 865, which supports aptX HD. The KZ BT 5.0 cable I use with my non-BT iem's (KZ ZS7) does work in aptX HD (and sounds fantastic!), but KZ Z3 will only work in aptX. So yeah, it's not my device.

I'm talking to KZ so they refund me all or most part for false advertising and the waste of time.

Jul 4, 2022 at 4:39 PM Post #59,588 of 63,907
Hi, which KBear 07 tips size should I choose if medium sized stock KZ tips fit me well? There's 3 medium sized KBear's so it's hard to choose.
Just recently bought the M- (Medium Small black stem) Kbear07. Snug fit when using M starline KZ tips. I also have the M (Medium white stem) size too but unfortunately too big to slide on to my ears, cant get deep enough.

Jul 4, 2022 at 5:24 PM Post #59,589 of 63,907
Hi, which KBear 07 tips size should I choose if medium sized stock KZ tips fit me well? There's 3 medium sized KBear's so it's hard to choose.
Large medium and small do correspond to the KZ sizes, but you're better buying the pack of five mixed sizes. You maty find that both ears aren't exactly the same size. You may also want to go up or down a size depending on how deep the insertion depth is for different IEMs. Once you find a size that works best, you can buy packs of five of the same size. A few spare tips in different sizes is also handy if you want to let others listen to your IEMs. I wonder how hooking others into the hobby, by passing out small zip-lock bags of eartips, looks to an outside observer?

If you like the KBEAR 07 it's a win as they are inexpensive. :L3000:

Jul 4, 2022 at 5:34 PM Post #59,590 of 63,907
Large medium and small do correspond to the KZ sizes, but you're better buying the pack of five mixed sizes. You maty find that both ears aren't exactly the same size. You may also want to go up or down a size depending on how deep the insertion depth is for different IEMs. Once you find a size that works best, you can buy packs of five of the same size. A few spare tips in different sizes is also handy if you want to let others listen to your IEMs. I wonder how hooking others into the hobby, by passing out small zip-lock bags of eartips, looks to an outside observer?

If you like the KBEAR 07 it's a win as they are inexpensive. :L3000:
I'm mainly looking into sound improvements with the KBear's, not really a question of whether I will like them because, frankly, I am content with the stock tips provided by KZ (no other reference).

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2022 at 5:57 PM Post #59,591 of 63,907
I'm mainly looking into sound improvements with the KBear's, not really a question of whether I will like them because, frankly, I am content with the stock tips provided by KZ (no other reference).

They are my preferred tips, smoother treble without strangling it. You should notice a big improvement over KZ tips. They came included with TRI Meteor, never looked back! :L3000:

Jul 4, 2022 at 6:17 PM Post #59,592 of 63,907
Just an FYI the KBear 2 pin/qdc cables are like 5 bucks and kick ass. Have them in all my favorite items.

Have people had good luck with the tips?

Jul 4, 2022 at 8:02 PM Post #59,593 of 63,907
Just an FYI the KBear 2 pin/qdc cables are like 5 bucks and kick ass. Have them in all my favorite items.

Have people had good luck with the tips?

I've heard good things about them and some people compare them to Acoustune eartips which are a little more expensive. I'm thinking of buying some just to try out since they're available on Amazon now.

Jul 5, 2022 at 3:54 AM Post #59,594 of 63,907
I have a POCO F2 Pro with 2020 (or 2021?) flagship Qualcomm Snapdragon 865, which supports aptX HD. The KZ BT 5.0 cable I use with my non-BT iem's (KZ ZS7) does work in aptX HD (and sounds fantastic!), but KZ Z3 will only work in aptX. So yeah, it's not my device.

I'm talking to KZ so they refund me all or most part for false advertising and the waste of time.
If you have some KZs lying around (or any other IEMs with QDC termination), you should consider a BT adapter like KZ AZ09 Pro. It supports AptX Adaptive, surprisingly not advertised by KZ, which works great with Android phones and BT transmitters such as this one.

Jul 5, 2022 at 5:37 AM Post #59,595 of 63,907
If you have some KZs lying around (or any other IEMs with QDC termination), you should consider a BT adapter like KZ AZ09 Pro. It supports AptX Adaptive, surprisingly not advertised by KZ, which works great with Android phones and BT transmitters such as this one.
1657013465845.png

They do advertise it supports aptX HD. The reason I don't buy this BT adapter is because:

1. I own the KZ ZS7 with A paragraph pin, which is not compatible

2. I already own a BT adapter, the grey KZ BT 5.0 cable, which works fantastic and sounds amazing.

3. Also, a TWS is just better: no adapter, no extra stuff, just the IEM and that's it. I used the KZ ZS7 + BT cable, but a TWS beats it when commuting and traveling, I don't like to carry extra stuff or big boxes, and also wearing just a regular IEM beats wearing an IEM + an adapter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back