Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jun 21, 2022 at 11:35 AM Post #59,491 of 63,914
As I told you, Qualcomm data is wrong 99% of the time. I'm tired of looking up info about Snapdragon chipsets just to find out their data is either false or incomplete which forces you to believe false things.
I try with my AZ09 Pro which use the same chip, do support aptX HD.
Screenshot_2022-06-21-23-26-48-16_fc704e6b13c4fb26bf5e411f75da84f2.jpg
Screenshot_2022-06-21-23-31-24-22_fc704e6b13c4fb26bf5e411f75da84f2.jpg

Jun 21, 2022 at 1:21 PM Post #59,493 of 63,914
Well it is KZ. Once in a while you get a driver that isn't hooked up. Sometimes you get a codec that isn't hooked up. :)

Jun 21, 2022 at 2:57 PM Post #59,494 of 63,914
Well it is KZ. Once in a while you get a driver that isn't hooked up. Sometimes you get a codec that isn't hooked up. :)
I love KZ, but they are becoming a meme brand, with their stupid philosophy "let's release one new IEM every week". I can't really believe I am the very first person that discovers KZ Z3 are fake SHAIT. Why would someone buy $50 TWS and NOT CHECK if it's aptX HD?

I just noticed the bad quality of the codec as soon as I started playing music, from The Police to be precise. The drums sounded like those 128kbps mp3, cola can like. I have these no brand $15 TWS IEM with AAC and they sound better, and I precisely spent my holy $50 to improve those and specifically have aptX HD. And then if you use the KZ BT5.0 cable, which works with aptX HD, the sound is 99.99% like the wired IEM. I don't really think I can tell the difference.

I already contacted KZ and they are asking me... FOR A VIDEO TO SHOW evidence. The pictures (screenshots) are not enough, apparently. I might have used Photoshop, right?

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2022 at 4:11 PM Post #59,495 of 63,914
I have done quick comparison. I think it could be the best one from KZ/CCA. I like it more at this moment then CRA+ and Eda balanced, but I need more time to listening.

Possibly for some quantity of treble could be not enought.

Initial results:
Eda balanced - cleaner sound, delicate, good extension.. but weaker and thinner overall

Esx (vs rest) - veiled, less extended, but bigger and more natural sound, better dynamism, this iem need to sound cleaner...

CRA plus - good midrange, clean, good extension, but could be too much for some, but like with EDA.. more compressed sound.

CRA good dynamism, less veild, but boxy sound.
Thanks for that info. I hadn't ordered EDA or CRA+, hearing that they're light on note weight makes me glad I didn't. Waiting on EDX ultra and ESX to arrive. :L3000:

Jun 21, 2022 at 4:45 PM Post #59,496 of 63,914
What does light on note weight even mean? Is this a parody thread? Some one will surely mention saboteurs working on the KZ production line next.

On a more serious note. Listening to the track Kid A by Radiohead on tidal. With the original dq6, and all my other bluetooth sets, the track opens with the bell tolling and xylophone sound coming through the left ear and the shooting sound in the right.

With the BA10 this is reversed. Its the only set I have that does this.
Tried dq6, soundpeats q35hd, omthing airfree, soundmagic p22bt.
Anyone able to explain why? Why would one set process the sounds in a different way to the others?
And not just because it's the best set. That's obvious and too simple.

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2022 at 5:08 PM Post #59,497 of 63,914
What does light on note weight even mean? Is this a parody thread? Some one will surely mention saboteurs working on the KZ production line next.

On a more serious note. Listening to the track Kid A by Radiohead on tidal. With the original dq6, and all my other bluetooth sets, the track opens with the bell tolling and xylophone sound coming through the left ear and the shooting sound in the right.

Anyone able to explain why? Why would one set process the sounds in a different way to the others?
Exactly!
All these allusions/allegations on KZ and pedalling TRN, for instance - look ridiculuous to me.
DQ6 are really special in being most BA-like DDs.
I am now switching back and forth among ESX, EDA balanced and CRA - they are amazing for the money.
Paying more to Penon/Linsoul contributing to those "free samples" sent to the peddlers does not make any sense to me.

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2022 at 9:08 PM Post #59,498 of 63,914
Thanks for that info. I hadn't ordered EDA or CRA+, hearing that they're light on note weight makes me glad I didn't. Waiting on EDX ultra and ESX to arrive. :L3000:
I am curious what the impressions will be for more audiences.
- Yes, Esx is definitely thick and natural sounding iem

Jun 21, 2022 at 9:59 PM Post #59,499 of 63,914

Play something on a guitar with two humbuckers, using both pickups, preferably through a tube amp. Next use the neck pickup using coil tap to just get single coil. Turn off any reverb and lower the gain. Listen again, that will sound thinner. If that sounds no different, congratulations, you have just saved yourself a fortune on guitars and audio gear.

If you connect the left cable connector to the right earpiece and vice versa, it is very easy to get reversed stereo.
"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Jun 21, 2022 at 11:43 PM Post #59,500 of 63,914
Man I just tried your mod and measured them with and without the filter, bruh it sounds more amazing now..Clearer, bass isn't overpowering anymore....what have you just suggested, this is just too good.

what.png

I did lot of mods with removing of nylon / paper damper. This kinds of damper is cheap and easy solution for chifi maker, but actually for me have 1 major disadvantage : bloated bass. The full covering of nozzle blocks airway of the bass, made the bass bloated and so much less tight.
Removal of the filter will made the upper mids on raw state, you need to dampen them back, but using other damper, such as foam. Try to put in high density foam but dont block entire nozzle, still give small airway for DD bass to breathe. Thats the key.

you may want to see my old post here : https://www.head-fi.org/threads/blo...ressions-thread.916702/page-257#post-15814248

and you have privilege with your measument tool too.

Jun 21, 2022 at 11:52 PM Post #59,502 of 63,914
Man I just tried your mod and measured them with and without the filter, bruh it sounds more amazing now..Clearer, bass isn't overpowering anymore....what have you just suggested, this is just too good.

what.png
You have Shimin Li? How ESX compare to it?

Jun 22, 2022 at 3:25 AM Post #59,504 of 63,914
EDX Ultra is even more extreme with that light noteweight...add that super artificial air..good luck. 😶

Jun 22, 2022 at 3:29 AM Post #59,505 of 63,914
I did lot of mods with removing of nylon / paper damper. This kinds of damper is cheap and easy solution for chifi maker, but actually for me have 1 major disadvantage : bloated bass. The full covering of nozzle blocks airway of the bass, made the bass bloated and so much less tight.
Removal of the filter will made the upper mids on raw state, you need to dampen them back, but using other damper, such as foam. Try to put in high density foam but dont block entire nozzle, still give small airway for DD bass to breathe. Thats the key.

you may want to see my old post here : https://www.head-fi.org/threads/blo...ressions-thread.916702/page-257#post-15814248

and you have privilege with your measument tool too.
Actually I like them filterless..and bass isn't bloated stock, I just like more clarity at top (more mids)..Filterless upper mids isn't shouty to be honest. I might put a metal mesh instead (like with the ZSX) to retain that pinna.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back