Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
May 25, 2022 at 10:55 PM Post #59,326 of 63,907
To enjoy commuting and free time while working (wait what?), I am looking for a fully wireless IEM. I love KZ, indeed as my daily driver IEM I use KZ ZS7, but it's less convenient to use while riding bike, going to places, shops, etc... So, since I love KZ, I am deciding between 2 KZ's. There are a few musts:
1. It has to send aptX HD and not AAC
2. It has to have the latest BT (5.2)
3. The charging box must have type-C USB

There are 2 candidates:

I've tried the SK10 (not pro) and I believe they are AAC, and also one thing that bugged me a lot is that the in-voice to announce things and warnings in the IEM is very low quality and sounds horrible. I don't want a voice like that all day. The BT 5.0 KZ cable has a nice voice, for example.
So there are 2: the top VX10 or the cheap option Z3. Which one you recommend and why?
Wasting $60 in a secondary IEM kind of hurts but if it's worth it I would buy it. I want to confirm the in-voice of these 2 is smooth and nice, and not recorded with a potato.

The KZ VX10 appears to be another product for the iFail followers (they prefer to pay more).
Hf5e3b2d2d6104b05822767757e597b5bS.jpg

The KZ Z3 lists Aptx-LL, Aptx-HD and Aptx-Adaptive on the product description page.
Hd74353159f60435eab68ce94eb2ffb22I.jpg

KZ Z3 case has a better form factor, if you want to put it in a pocket. I very much doubt the mic in the more recent product, will be worse. Driver count is a bit passé and I don't like the look of it prominently on the outer face of the VX10. Even if the VX sounds better, you will be using SBC instead of Apt-HD. There is no contest, the cheaper option wins! :L3000:

Last edited:
May 25, 2022 at 11:23 PM Post #59,327 of 63,907
To enjoy commuting and free time while working (wait what?), I am looking for a fully wireless IEM. I love KZ, indeed as my daily driver IEM I use KZ ZS7, but it's less convenient to use while riding bike, going to places, shops, etc... So, since I love KZ, I am deciding between 2 KZ's. There are a few musts:

There are 2 candidates:

I've tried the SK10 (not pro) and I believe they are AAC, and also one thing that bugged me a lot is that the in-voice to announce things and warnings in the IEM is very low quality and sounds horrible. I don't want a voice like that all day. The BT 5.0 KZ cable has a nice voice, for example.
So there are 2: the top VX10 or the cheap option Z3. Which one you recommend and why?
Wasting $60 in a secondary IEM kind of hurts but if it's worth it I would buy it. I want to confirm the in-voice of these 2 is smooth and nice, and not recorded with a potato.
with KZ tws, get the "pro" or the one with Aptx/QC3040.
Not because of the aptx themselves, its more on that QC3040 bluetooth chip that comes with it, noticeably better in battery life.

Or if you wanna spend a lot

Soundpeats H1, $80
Dual driver 1dd+1KnowlesBA

1653535501331.png

Last edited:
May 26, 2022 at 12:23 AM Post #59,328 of 63,907
KZ Z3 is a bass trash tws :)
only bass and no more

kz sk10 much more better

May 26, 2022 at 1:17 AM Post #59,329 of 63,907

There are 2 candidates:
1653525592627.png

1653525618584.png

+1 for the ZS7!

May 26, 2022 at 4:45 AM Post #59,330 of 63,907

There are 2 candidates:
1653525592627.png

1653525618584.png

If you want to step outside the KZ brand. Edifier TWS1 pro good sound and amazing battery life (12hrs plus 30 from case). USB C and charges pretty quick. Siri or Google assistant is missing, but I find the touch volume controls way more useful. BlueTooth 5.2 and supports AptX adaptive. Microphone sounds good. Chip is Qualcomm 3040. You can use either earpiece individually (handy for calls). The only drawback is lack of ANC, but the KZ's don't have that either. I've found them really handy if I can't be bothered taking wired IEMs and a DAP or BT DAC/Amp.

Normal price is US$40 (I picked mine up on 11/11 sale for less), as an older model it's likely to be available at a good discount during sales. :L3000:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002080403819.html

May 26, 2022 at 6:50 AM Post #59,331 of 63,907
The KZ VX10 appears to be another product for the iFail followers (they prefer to pay more).
Hf5e3b2d2d6104b05822767757e597b5bS.jpg

The KZ Z3 lists Aptx-LL, Aptx-HD and Aptx-Adaptive on the product description page.
Hd74353159f60435eab68ce94eb2ffb22I.jpg

KZ Z3 case has a better form factor, if you want to put it in a pocket. I very much doubt the mic in the more recent product, will be worse. Driver count is a bit passé and I don't like the look of it prominently on the outer face of the VX10. Even if the VX sounds better, you will be using SBC instead of Apt-HD. There is no contest, the cheaper option wins! :L3000:
Damn, you are right, it is incredible how I didn't notice VX10 is AAC... then there's Z3 only. Have you tried it? The voice is okay? Recorded correctly like for example BT 5.0 KZ grey cable?

May 26, 2022 at 7:50 AM Post #59,333 of 63,907
Damn, you are right, it is incredible how I didn't notice VX10 is AAC... then there's Z3 only. Have you tried it? The voice is okay? Recorded correctly like for example BT 5.0 KZ grey cable?
I haven't tried any of the KZ or CCA TWS, so I can't comment on their sound. Aptx is what you want for android, AAC is only any use for Apple. If you get that wrong you end up with SBC which is the worst quality Codec for bluetooth. There are a few TWS that support LDAC, but those are getting expensive. I was looking for something last year, when I was locked down in another city during the Delta outbreak. Nothing to do but watch Netflix and YouTube. So I watched and read all the reviews I could find, and the Edifier TWS1 pro kept coming up in the best under US$50. I bought those and have used them for the last 5 months. The bass isn't overdone and they sound clean. For the price I don't think you can touch these. For better sound on the go I use BTR3K and wired IEMs. That's cheaper than high end TWS (sounds better too). You could upgrade to BTR5, but that costs more and gets shorter battery life!

Last edited:
May 27, 2022 at 2:59 AM Post #59,335 of 63,907
So, uhh...
After two weeks of seeking reviews for EDA, CRA+, EDX Ultra and checking import condition (china covid lockdown), i was going to buy blind buy discounted KZ ESX.
$18 for LCP with detachable cable, seems to be ok graph, and celebrating 10 years of KZ that introduce me to chifi.

But before buying one, i decided to check around on local KZ store and they finally have KZ EDA (fullset) and CRA+, on discount.
i could get KZ EDA for $23 and arrive in my home like tomorrow...

So yeah, about that aliexpress KZ ESX plan...

May 27, 2022 at 3:09 AM Post #59,337 of 63,907
So, uhh...
After two weeks of seeking reviews for EDA, CRA+, EDX Ultra and checking import condition (china covid lockdown), i was going to buy blind buy discounted KZ ESX.
$18 for LCP with detachable cable, seems to be ok graph, and celebrating 10 years of KZ that introduce me to chifi.

But before buying one, i decided to check around on local KZ store and they finally have KZ EDA (fullset) and CRA+, on discount.

Too late for me, I ordered the ESX yesterday.... So the revised plan is TRN TA1 Max in the next sale, and Thieaudio Elixir on 11/11 and NOTHING ELSE!

BTW, exactly how many IEMs is too many? :L3000:

May 27, 2022 at 3:11 AM Post #59,338 of 63,907
I was wondering whether to save for TRN TA1 Max (or Reecho SG01 OVA, which also already available somehow, but i prefer to wait for TRN TA1 Max after its early review)
I want some hybrids, especially decently tuned knowles+berry hybrids in semi open back shell. that's like my described wished spec.
Most of my recent iems is single dd (CST, Tanya, Aria, CRA) only ZEX Pro that is hybrid.

Last edited:
May 27, 2022 at 3:16 AM Post #59,339 of 63,907
So, uhh...

Bro, by the time you wait a week, a new KZ pokemon sidegrade will be released. Maybe it will have an "ULTRA" or "MAX" or "PRO" name attached to it.

May 27, 2022 at 3:19 AM Post #59,340 of 63,907
Bro, by the time you wait a week, a new KZ pokemon sidegrade will be released. Maybe it will have an "ULTRA" or "MAX" or "PRO" name attached to it.
I was waiting for more CRA+ reviews to get a beater iem since the reviews is so divisive. (i gave away my CRA to coworker, he love it)
not to mention local seller still kinda advise against importing due to lockdown effect.
By now we have KZ EDX Ultra, KZ EDA Balanced (single unit), KZ ESX...
maybe next week we'll have LCP+KnowlesBA.

It reminds me the ol days of KZ where they side grade every freakin week.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back