Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Apr 20, 2022 at 9:09 AM Post #59,191 of 63,884
+1 Totally agree. Why not sell them separately? Though, all three do have distinctive sound signatures. In other words, they do sound different from one another. The bass does sound really good on the gold/black version, while I do enjoy the high resolution more on the cyan/silver model. It has better resolution than the silver/clear balanced version. So, yea it's really more of a personal preference. But, what actually bothers me more is how they only provide one detachable cable and one set of small/large silicone ear tips in each set of the KZ EDA package of three IEM's. On a positive note, all three have its' separately mounted medium silicone ear tips on each nozzle as default ear tips.

-Clear
Well they have a new CCA coming so that might explain why

Apr 20, 2022 at 9:57 AM Post #59,193 of 63,884
CCA CRA with golden faceplate......seen on Facebook.
1650463008598.png

No additional info tough.
If EDA is better version of CRA and this is the loose pack of EDA, it might be good.

Apr 20, 2022 at 10:00 AM Post #59,195 of 63,884
KZ EDA First Impressions
All of the three has decent technicalities and detail retrieval..They also all sound different even if the graphs may suggest that they almost have the same sound signature.

Bass Version
◙ Immersive soundstage
◙ Treble decently tuned but some songs shows the 8kHz peak
◙ Lush and detailed male vocals
◙ Very good detail retrieval
◙ Textured and tight bass response.
◙ Best sounding out of the three if you like bass.
◙ Best for rock, hip-hop, trance, EDM

High Resolution Version
◙ Good for ambient music / bossa nova / toho jazz
◙ Treble-centric
◙ Limpy bass response
◙ Harshness occurs with rock tracks
◙ Sparkly and detailed female vocal rendition
◙ Lowest bass quantity out of the three.
◙ May sound too bright for some.

Balanced Version
◙ Sounds the best out of three
◙ Midcentric-ish (Vocals are similar to Heart Mirror but with added bass and stage)
◙ Has the immersive soundstage of the bass version
◙ But with tighter bass and more forward vocals
◙ Safely tuned treble, 8kHz is not that peaky as the graphs may suggest.
◙ Beats my Heart Mirror tonal balance and technicalities
◙ Better version of CRA for my library

FB_IMG_1650462719611.jpg

My Measurements
FB_IMG_1650463094565.jpg
FB_IMG_1650463099309.jpg
FB_IMG_1650463101825.jpg
FB_IMG_1650463107581.jpg

Apr 20, 2022 at 11:52 AM Post #59,196 of 63,884
KZ EDA First Impressions
All of the three has decent technicalities and detail retrieval..They also all sound different even if the graphs may suggest that they almost have the same sound signature.

Bass Version
◙ Immersive soundstage

High Resolution Version
◙ Treble-centric
◙ Limpy bass response

Balanced Version
◙ Midcentric-ish (Vocals are similar to Heart Mirror but with added bass and stage)

FB_IMG_1650462719611.jpg

My Measurements
FB_IMG_1650463094565.jpgFB_IMG_1650463099309.jpgFB_IMG_1650463101825.jpgFB_IMG_1650463107581.jpg
Thanks for the great impressions. I will second that the Balanced is the best and like others have said, should be sold on its own. For me, the 2.5k area on the bass set is elevated over the Balanced and throws off that immersive stage on the Bass for me. For me, the Balanced is a balance between all the good parts (the stage, vocals, well done bass level, the parts borrowed from CRA making it a better CRA for my library too) and the peaks. I think the Balanced is frustratingly close to balance but they should have damped down 5 and 8k. And not much at all which is why it is frustrating to me. Foam tips help alot but ruin some of the stage as well. I'd say Balanced is very, very good, just a hair away from being special.

Apr 20, 2022 at 12:42 PM Post #59,197 of 63,884
Thanks for the great impressions. I will second that the Balanced is the best and like others have said, should be sold on its own. For me, the 2.5k area on the bass set is elevated over the Balanced and throws off that immersive stage on the Bass for me. For me, the Balanced is a balance between all the good parts (the stage, vocals, well done bass level, the parts borrowed from CRA making it a better CRA for my library too) and the peaks. I think the Balanced is frustratingly close to balance but they should have damped down 5 and 8k. And not much at all which is why it is frustrating to me. Foam tips help alot but ruin some of the stage as well. I'd say Balanced is very, very good, just a hair away from being special.
Guess that's why they call it (the Blues) :scream: er Balanced :rolling_eyes:

Apr 20, 2022 at 5:16 PM Post #59,198 of 63,884
KZ EDA First Impressions

Bass Version
◙ Immersive soundstage

High Resolution Version
◙ Treble-centric
◙ Limpy bass response

Balanced Version

FB_IMG_1650462719611.jpg

My Measurements
FB_IMG_1650463094565.jpgFB_IMG_1650463099309.jpgFB_IMG_1650463101825.jpgFB_IMG_1650463107581.jpg
Thanks for that, very useful.

Buying cheap IEMs in bulk lots to find one decent one, is not going to happen. KZ needs to wake their ideas up.

Apr 20, 2022 at 6:28 PM Post #59,199 of 63,884
Anybody compare the EDA's and EDC yet?

Apr 22, 2022 at 4:33 PM Post #59,203 of 63,884
Hello my fellow head-fier’s! Here’s my current impression of the KZ EDA triple IEM! :punch::sunglasses:

1650210058053 (2).jpg1650210058043 (2).jpg

All three EDA’s have surprising results in technicalities and overall stage presence and has different sound signatures as mentioned on the package. So far, so good! So, let’s continue…

1650210058043 (3).jpgkz-eda-img13 (1).jpg *

Heavy Bass Version:
Bass is immersive and actually satisfying for those wanting a bass-focused IEM demonstrating good texture and rumble, which makes them my favorite in the bass category. It has good depth with a very immersive soundstage that makes male vocals and guitar plucking sound so realistic. Surprisingly, the midrange has good transparency while the treble provides hi-end details as well. So, interesting enough, I wouldn’t say that these are only for bass heads, but also for those seeking a fuller and lower bass experience. In the end, I would consider these to be a V-Shape sound signature in the fun category making them convenient and delightfully suitable for the gym.

1650210058043 (4).jpgkz-eda-img13 (2).jpg *

Balanced Version:
For those wanting a balanced IEM, you’re in for a treat! But, I wouldn’t consider these neutral for the fact that the bass is clearly extended with a lower sub-bass rumble. And, even though the MID’s sound mid-centric with forward vocals, the treble can easily extend with plenty of soothing and amazing details. Soundstage is also as immersive as the heavy bass version with slightly tighter bass response with an overall nice transparent and airy sound to them. Honestly, in my years of listening to many IEM’s, this type of signature would be sold at a much higher price range according to the tuning. They do not display any harsh or sibilance on literally most of my tracks and can be enjoyed for hours at a time.

1650210058043 (5).jpgkz-eda-img13 (3).jpg *

High Resolution Version:
Bass is quick and nicely textured with good quality, but with less quantity overall, plus soundstage is not as immersive as the other two. Midrange is vivid and clear with a touch of air and transparency, which favors both male and female respectfully. Treble is very detailed, sparkly and crisp with excellent extension. Mostly, all the details do come through and exposed in high resolution, which means, it’s possible to experience some bad recordings while listening, and will not be so forgiving on certain tracks. So, even though I enjoy the high resolution version, it might not be for everyone. But, once and a while I definitely like to enjoy my tracks in all its’ glory and sparkly hi-end sizzling details. So, I consider these neutral-BRIGHT, IMHO.

kz-eda-img13.jpg
*PIC is courtesy of KZ for the KZ EDA

PROS & CONS:
PROS

All three are well made
All three are worth the asking price
KZ’s “balanced version” can easily rival more expensive brands
Comes with medium star-line silicone ear tips on all three

CONS
All three are not sold separately
Comes with only one detachable cable
Comes with only one set of small/large star-line silicone ear tips in the package
Bass version or high resolution version can be too intense for some

CONCLUSION:
KZ did a very good job setting apart the sound signature for each IEM for selective genre’s and is well tuned in this regard. Plus, I personally think it's worth the current low price. Though, the disadvantage is that they do come with only one silver-like transparent detachable cable and one set of small and large star line silicone ear tips in the whole package. But, on the bright side, all three do come with its own medium star line silicone ear tips installed on each nozzle. Unfortunately, there are those who had only wished for them to be sold separately, which I totally agree! In a way though, I did kind of grow fond of this three IEM trio after listening to them for some time now. But, if the price becomes much higher to the point of the lack of accessories not matching the expense, then that might be an issue for those looking for a budget deal.

Hope my impressions of the KZ EDA was helpful...:thumbsup:

- Clear

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2022 at 11:59 AM Post #59,204 of 63,884
I'm a little curious of their latest offerings but not sure I'm $$$ ready with cases full of iem's already :rolling_eyes: It also seems I never travel anymore without a minimal crew:open_mouth: LOL

I mean for the life of me why do I have all this with me today :rolling_eyes: To top off my $$$ thing I just ordered a pair of FiiO FH3's when they dropped to $97 the other day :scream:

For The Life Of Me.jpg
Qudelix 5K, Shanling M3s, Lucifer/Solo BT20S combos, BGVP DM6, Ikko OH-10 and Dunu Titans.....................why? There is obviously some kind of chemical imbalance happening here:smirk:
do tell us your impressions on the fh3 as i just ordered one as well based on my experience with other fiio products. the seller hasn't shipped so i still have time to consider if i should get it or the single DD FD3...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back