Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Feb 12, 2022 at 6:14 PM Post #58,517 of 64,222
Spent last night listening to my ZEX Pro with your suggested EQ plus crins 150Hz low shelf boost, man they sound superb with this combo, great work!

I’ve been trying to create the feeling Avenged Sevenfold give performing ‘planets’ live and this is so far the absolute closest I’ve came. The things I look for are feeling the low rumble at start, depth as the sub bass wave ‘approaches’ you and slam as the instrumental kicks in. Vocals need to be forward and guitar needs to cut through like a knife. I’m still lacking a little of that slam, it’s just not forward enough on anything I’ve listened to.

Considering your musical preference for rock and metal, what would you consider a worthy upgrade to the ZEX pro? Under £100/$130usd. Not looking to buy just yet, just curious where you would go next.
Can you try this EQ presets for the ZP? I think its better than the crin's one.

Wavelet (GraphicEQ) : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ukoSP5MvWa8B6h7Ty9QKNADz5NVUAYLU/view?usp=sharing

PEQ (Import in Peace or any PEQ Software)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cHnJyfv2zUSEFH3PaOPIvqTeee-sWUeb/view?usp=sharing

Feb 12, 2022 at 6:20 PM Post #58,518 of 64,222
Can you try this EQ presets for the ZP? I think its better than the crin's one.

Wavelet (GraphicEQ) : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ukoSP5MvWa8B6h7Ty9QKNADz5NVUAYLU/view?usp=sharing

PEQ (Import in Peace or any PEQ Software)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cHnJyfv2zUSEFH3PaOPIvqTeee-sWUeb/view?usp=sharing
I’m not sure to be honest, I use UAPP with the tone boosters PEQ, I’ll have a play tomorrow see if I can import that but I’m not sure if it’s limited to 10 bands.

Wavelet and poweramp EQ don’t play too nicely with my Sony NW-A105. In fact poweramp doesn’t play at all!

Feb 14, 2022 at 8:32 PM Post #58,522 of 64,222
QKZ AK6 Max impressions (one of which is KZ related) and questions:

Just got the QKZ AK6 Max (clear shell) delivered, and I had basically no expectations for these as I bought the set for the spare accessories. The 'bass' tips don't match the ones shown in customer reviews' photos, no red inner, just all black. Both balanced and bass tips are super thin and slightly grippy. *Compared to clear and black starlines, the tips are slightly taller and more egg shaped.* The cable is so thin that I'll get around to trying them out eventually but at least the mic shell is metal.

Sound impressions of these out of the box are on point with the rest of the sparse info on these; the AK6 Max is muffled and muddy as hell. And after listening to these for awhile they started to sound somewhat familiar, they have bass and treble isn't piercing, and for all other review categories they fall into slightly above average. So, I then applied AutoEQ (Neutron Player/KZ ZSN (rtings) and wow! It's a night and day difference! Mids and highs open up and are right there with the bass, and I have to say that these are a pleasant surprise for $5! Applying the ZSN-tuned harmon curve the elevates the AK6 Max from dumpster tier to decent daily drivers.

Now I want to continue to tweak the EQ on the AK6 Max but can't seem to find any squiglinks that have the frequency response graphs for these nor do I have the equipment to take this measurement. Can anyone help?

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2022 at 11:11 PM Post #58,523 of 64,222
Final Audio E500.

It has great imaging and soundstage for binaural tracks, movies and gaming. Otherwise for non-binural tracks it sounds meh.

For $20 it is a good tool for movies IMHO. Plus it comes with Final E tips, which retail around $15 USD, so imagine it as buying the IEM themselves for $5.
I pretty much agree with ur views on the e500, and I just wanna add my own 2 cents. The soundstage is average for an iem, and imaging is pretty nice, fantastic at the price. My favorite part of them is their sound signature above about 200hz. The balance between the lower mids, mids, upper mids, lower treble, treble proper, and even upper treble extension is simply fantastic at the sub $50 price point, I would say competing up to $300. There are pretty much no peaks or valleys (to my ears), so they sound incredibly natural, resolving, and clear yet never ever fatiguing. I am VERY treble sensitive, and these are a home run for me with no need for eq. They aren't particularly detailed, but at this price and with this sound signature, u prolly wont care. My one and only nit pick with the e500 is the gradual roll off below about 200hz, leaving something to be desired in the bass. Don't get me wrong, they extend down to 30hz nicely, and u get a little sense of impact and texture, but the bass level is very much below neutral, especially as you go below about 90hz. (They don't handle eq very well, especially when adding bass.) But, for a pair of cheap buds to throw in my backpack and use in class, maybe a little music or youtube video every now and then, perrrrfectionnnnnn.

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2022 at 2:51 AM Post #58,524 of 64,222
In particular, I wonder if there is a sonic similarity between the GK GSE and the CCA CKX (70€) besides the visual similarity. In fact, I find the CCA CKX to be very hearty and the GK GSE currently cost only about 25-30€.
It is possible. The CKX has 4 x 30017 and 2 x 30095 BAs. The GSE has 2 x 30017 and 2 x 30095 BAs. So the GSE is a pared down version of the CKX in what looks like the same shell but with two fewer BAs. The DD appears to be the same as well.

Feb 15, 2022 at 1:18 PM Post #58,525 of 64,222

Just got the QKZ AK6 Max (clear shell) delivered, and I had basically no expectations for these as I bought the set for the spare accessories. The 'bass' tips don't match the ones shown in customer reviews' photos, no red inner, just all black. Both balanced and bass tips are super thin and slightly grippy. *Compared to clear and black starlines, the tips are slightly taller and more egg shaped.* The cable is so thin that I'll get around to trying them out eventually but at least the mic shell is metal.

Sound impressions of these out of the box are on point with the rest of the sparse info on these; the AK6 Max is muffled and muddy as hell. And after listening to these for awhile they started to sound somewhat familiar, they have bass and treble isn't piercing, and for all other review categories they fall into slightly above average. So, I then applied AutoEQ (Neutron Player/KZ ZSN (rtings) and wow! It's a night and day difference! Mids and highs open up and are right there with the bass, and I have to say that these are a pleasant surprise for $5! Applying the ZSN-tuned harmon curve the elevates the AK6 Max from dumpster tier to decent daily drivers.

Now I want to continue to tweak the EQ on the AK6 Max but can't seem to find any squiglinks that have the frequency response graphs for these nor do I have the equipment to take this measurement. Can anyone help?
Sadly QKZ is pretty much ignored. Their current line is all DD and some are actually interesting. Maybe not all of them are V? Who knows? It requires a good investment buying them all to compare. I think there are more than 10 new IEMs in their current line

Feb 15, 2022 at 1:34 PM Post #58,526 of 64,222

Yeah well i bought 2 Qkz which is VK4 and Zxt, instant regret, absolute waste of money and time. Mostly too much bass + trash resolution even if treble kinda nice, still completely garbage, don't waste your money on these cheap sh**, buy DQ6 if you can
Edit: i think VK4 is better than CRA tho but i haven't use VK4 for a long long time so

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2022 at 1:42 PM Post #58,527 of 64,222
Sadly QKZ is pretty much ignored. Their current line is all DD and some are actually interesting. Maybe not all of them are V? Who knows? It requires a good investment buying them all to compare. I think there are more than 10 new IEMs in their current line
Akros did a comparison of 5 QKZ iems on his YouTube channel and found them to be identical, just different shells. He found that a some of their lineup was different, but definitely check before buying to be sure you are not just getting a reskin.

It’s also worth noting that the VK4 you can buy now is not at all the same as the loved old version. Minor cosmetic differences, and more importantly nothing like the same sound.

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2022 at 2:00 PM Post #58,528 of 64,222
Akros did a comparison of 5 QKZ iems on his YouTube channel and found them to be identical, just different shells. He found that a some of their lineup was different, but definitely check before buying to be sure you are not just getting a reskin.

It’s also worth noting that the VK4 you can buy now is not at all the same as the loved old version. Minor cosmetic differences, and more importantly nothing like the same sound.
So weird how they waste manufacturing and don't try to do better. Is it that hard to employ a professional tuner? It would cause so much more financial return in unit sales

Feb 15, 2022 at 2:16 PM Post #58,529 of 64,222
ya, don't plan on investing more on IEMs at this price point; just wanted to squeeze some performance out of the AK6 Max. at least i can wing it off of the product listing.

Feb 16, 2022 at 6:43 AM Post #58,530 of 64,222
I plan to use a bluetooth EIM to study. That means I'm going to use it with calm piano music at very low volumes, so I need as little "background noise" as possible.

I think in some options:
- KZ AZ09 PRO + Moondrop Kato
- KZ AZ10 + Moondrop Kato
- Samsung Galaxy Buds Pro
- Other solutions

What is the best option (considering only the "background noise")?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back