Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Feb 9, 2022 at 9:10 AM Post #58,489 of 63,945
Anyone have this TRN TN 8 Core cable? is it heavy and thick as KZ 8 core gold/silver/copper and silver/blue cable? I have kz gold/silver/copper and I don't like it. Thanks

https://trn-audio.com/trn-tn.html
T2 pro have better build than that fragile looking thing. My gk10 have similar cable to that and it looks cheap while T2 looks like luxury cable

Feb 10, 2022 at 6:37 AM Post #58,491 of 63,945
Having heard both I can say they sound nothing like each other.

I didnt like the Andromedas, the V90s were more to my liking but the tuning could use some refinement.

Feb 10, 2022 at 12:51 PM Post #58,494 of 63,945
I got my AZ09 Pro last week and I must say it's damn good for a BT module. Connection is pretty stable, SQ is good, probably only drawback is that lacks power of TRN modules but that high performance mode is a beast! I'd take them any day over TRN modules.

Sounds supremely clean for a BT module. It is pretty close to wired performance. Overall a must have if you are unable to bag UTWS5 for whatever reasons.

Feb 10, 2022 at 2:14 PM Post #58,495 of 63,945
Just got the KZ Zex Pro CRN. Timbre is odd. Haven't used IEM's for years. Chi fi wasn't big back then. Now coming from headphones, Zex pro doesn't sound right.
Try this EQ, if you can. From crinacle himself.

8000Hz -5dB 5.0Q peak filter
12000Hz +10dB 4.0Q peak filter

Extra bass
150Hz +5dB low shelf (0.71Q)

Attachments

• 00CA0E07-8CFD-4087-BC6B-4975799326EE.png
    00CA0E07-8CFD-4087-BC6B-4975799326EE.png
    17.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Feb 10, 2022 at 3:11 PM Post #58,496 of 63,945
I got my AZ09 Pro last week and I must say it's damn good for a BT module. Connection is pretty stable, SQ is good, probably only drawback is that lacks power of TRN modules but that high performance mode is a beast! I'd take them any day over TRN modules.

Sounds supremely clean for a BT module. It is pretty close to wired performance. Overall a must have if you are unable to bag UTWS5 for whatever reasons.
What does the high performance mode actually do?

Feb 10, 2022 at 3:21 PM Post #58,497 of 63,945
Try this EQ, if you can. From crinacle himself.

8000Hz -5dB 5.0Q peak filter
12000Hz +10dB 4.0Q peak filter

Extra bass
150Hz +5dB low shelf (0.71Q)
Thanks. It definitely helps. IEM's are ok in my opinion but honestly i was expecting better. Technicality difference is quite huge compared to 770 or Ananda. Boring one note bass and artificial sounding treble. You can immediately notice the loss of detail in the bass going from Ananda to 770 to Zex Pro.

Comfort wise it's uncomfortable in a different way so it's a toss up. With overhead headphones you feel the headband, clunkiness of the size, weight and heat. With IEM you feel more free but the pressure and blockage in your earcanal is fatiguing. Rotating between them best of both worlds :)

If i listen a song i've never listened before, they sound ok.
If i listen familiar songs, i immediately notice the loss of sound quality compared to my overhead headphones.

End of the day, i don't think these are price/perf products. They sound like cheap as their price. They don't punch above their weight. Also for a CRN tuning marketed iem, these sound wrong out of the box.

So you pay $33 and you get the sound quality of $33. Maybe Moondrop Aria or Etymotic ER2SE can deliver more.

Feb 10, 2022 at 10:38 PM Post #58,498 of 63,945
Thanks. It definitely helps. IEM's are ok in my opinion but honestly i was expecting better. Technicality difference is quite huge compared to 770 or Ananda. Boring one note bass and artificial sounding treble. You can immediately notice the loss of detail in the bass going from Ananda to 770 to Zex Pro.

Comfort wise it's uncomfortable in a different way so it's a toss up. With overhead headphones you feel the headband, clunkiness of the size, weight and heat. With IEM you feel more free but the pressure and blockage in your earcanal is fatiguing. Rotating between them best of both worlds :)

If i listen a song i've never listened before, they sound ok.
If i listen familiar songs, i immediately notice the loss of sound quality compared to my overhead headphones.

End of the day, i don't think these are price/perf products. They sound like cheap as their price. They don't punch above their weight. Also for a CRN tuning marketed iem, these sound wrong out of the box.

So you pay $33 and you get the sound quality of $33. Maybe Moondrop Aria or Etymotic ER2SE can deliver more.
When Crin/tuner asked on improving Zex Pro, his answer is to change the driver which will drive the price up. unfortunately the goal of ZEXPro is cheap iem with good tuning, so he didn't change the driver despite the flaw the cheap driver causes.

He didn't make the same mistake with Midnight/Yume+ which when he tried to improve Yume technicallity, he immediately change one of the driver and change the shell.

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2022 at 7:25 AM Post #58,499 of 63,945
What does the high performance mode actually do?
Reduces latency and activates more power. It is similar to high gain in dac/amps.

Feb 11, 2022 at 1:54 PM Post #58,500 of 63,945

Users who are viewing this thread

Back