Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jun 30, 2021 at 10:35 AM Post #55,877 of 63,917
my AST is coming bc apparently its the sweet spot for treble sensitives. also my first KZ and full BA set, so i hope it wont disappoint

about tip and cable rolling: has anyone tried AST with bgvp w01/spiral dots/tennmak whirlwind tips? i see a lot of synergy potential
I'm not sure if the shape is similar to ASX, but if it is then I find SpinFit CP360's lead to a perfect fit.
Not sure how they affect the sound.
The stock tips work also, but I usually have to wiggle them around a bit to get the perfect seal, but once I have the seal they stay that way with no problem.

Jun 30, 2021 at 11:10 AM Post #55,878 of 63,917
I'm not sure if the shape is similar to ASX, but if it is then I find SpinFit CP360's lead to a perfect fit.
The stock tips work also, but I usually have to wiggle them around a bit to get the perfect seal, but once I have the seal they stay that way with no problem.

I've been using Spinfit CP360 since day one with my AST and I didn't even bother trying to use the stock ones. I can say that the CP360 is the perfect seal and comfort.

Jun 30, 2021 at 11:35 AM Post #55,880 of 63,917
about tip and cable rolling: has anyone tried AST with bgvp w01/spiral dots/tennmak whirlwind tips? i see a lot of synergy potential
While I don't have a AST I can say that the bgvp W01 won't work as the nozzle of the new KZ shell (AST, DQ6, ASF and ASX) is too narrow for it to properly stay in place.
Some tape might help with that.

Jun 30, 2021 at 11:37 AM Post #55,881 of 63,917
sadly i don't have a CP360 pair. they seem so comfortable and the nozzle width not treble reducing like CP100. ordering rn
They work well with the ASX because it clips into my ear so well that it pushes the nozzle into my ear.
I think the taller CP100's would either hurt from getting pushed in too far, or they would prevent the perfect fit I have with the shorter CP360's.
Everyone has a different ear shape though, so it's hard to say which one is best.

Jun 30, 2021 at 11:39 AM Post #55,882 of 63,917
It also depends a bit on how sensitive to treble you are and the character of the drivers producing the treble. There's also the balance against the rest of the FR to take into account. When you've got loads of bass and slightly recessed treble, it can end up being overwhelmed by the bass response even if it is producing the requisite sound.
Actually when I listened to my ZAX these days, I couldn't believe how much "treble" it shoved into my ear. It is almost unbearable and sound unnatural, but I get used to it pretty quickly. That's why I like CKX better.

Jul 1, 2021 at 10:20 AM Post #55,883 of 63,917
KZ's AZ09+ZAX combo is a winner!

KZ AZ09.jpgKZ AZ09+ZAX.jpg

Been listening to this for more than a week, with my trusty iPhone 6+ thru the Audioforge EQ app as source.

I have a black TRN 16-core cable with QDC connectors on hand so I used these for better ergonomics and aesthetics. I've never been able to hear any audible differences between and among different cables.

I "burn in" my headphones by listening to them out of the box.

Also changed the stock tips with large, soft, wide-bore silicone tips and with these I perceive the ZAX as a refined, mature iteration of the ZS10 Pro, which I have. Much less of a V-shape. A tad less bass quantity but which translates into better quality; resonance has a more organic feel, with better control. However, the ZAX's relatively stubby nozzle could be felt through the soft silicone tips and over time became a bother. My solution was to place a tiny silicone O-ring over the nozzle first before attaching the tip... et voila! Ideal seal was achieved and the bass became even tighter and fuller, with superb dynamics. Mids have less of a trough, I think, but the rise into the upper mids is not as steep, so there's less or none of that KZ characteristic shoutiness with most vocal tracks. Still the upper mids and treble are detailed and have that natural timbre, with percussions sounding just right. No sibilance in the usual range but once in a while a soupçon of harshness, particularly with reed instruments, comes across. Quite fatiguing with certain albums.

O-ring.jpg
O-ring2.jpg

As regards stage, there's this sort of field or halo of sound extending just outside my head and receding past my ears, oddly reminiscent of one of those horseshoe-shaped neck pillows for use in your car. The image—delineation or separation, placement and layer of musical instruments—in this stage seems defined and accurate enough, but not that stark or laser precise. Note that I couldn't hear anything beyond 14.5 KHz.

Directly coming from the CCA C12 (sporting SpinFit CP360 tips) I’d say both sound very similar; but the ZAX, despite having less BA components, apparently improves on the former. There are no sharp edges on its shell, for one. Stage is more enveloping with the ZAX with depth about the same. Imaging is more or less even. In terms of bass resonance and precision the ZAX is slightly better. I think the mids of the ZAX are more balanced relative to its bass and treble counterparts compared to the C12. In certain female vocal tracks, those S, T, Z or other fricative and affricate consonant sounds that we refer to as sibilance sometimes make their presence unfavorably felt with the C12. As mentioned I don’t hear that with the ZAX. C12 treble seems more airy and extended though at the expense of more fatigue during long listening sessions (without EQ for both).

Using foobar2000 out of Windows 10 I could listen to the ZAX through a Topping E30-L30 stack reclining in my easy chair at low to moderate volumes for hours.

KZ AZ09 + KZ ZAX Impressions

KZ officially refers to the AZ09 as “HD Bluetooth Module Upgrade Cable”. Since @cappuchino has comprehensively reviewed the AZ09 (he brought it to my attention—so Thanks!) I won't anymore repeat technical details unless relevant. cappuchino also heretofore mentioned (also KZ's ads and the retail box itself) that the AZ09 utilizes the AAC codec and has the latest Bluetooth 5.2 version.

Utilizing AAC seems not self-limiting since AAC is one of the most commonly supported Bluetooth codecs in the wireless headphone industry. It is supported by both Apple and Android devices. It is the default audio compression codec used by YouTube and Apple’s iTunes. It is native to and optimized with Apple devices.

Some 3rd party tests however show that implementation of AAC for Apple phones and tablets is better than that in Android devices, mainly because of Android's Energy Aware Scheduling (EAS) algorithms. And each Android device has its own unique way of encoding AAC, which add to the wide variance of efficiency among them but that in best case scenarios still are inferior to iOS implementation. Perhaps this could also be attributed to low-quality hardware audio encoders embedded in various Android phone chipsets, like in many budget smartphones and not-so-budget ones that emphasize camera features in the ongoing megapixel wars. Hopefully the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon SOCs have much higher-quality AAC encoders built in.

https://www.google.com.ph/amp/s/www...-guide-to-bluetooth-headphones-aac-20296/amp/
https://m.habr.com/en/post/456182/
https://www.qualcomm.com/products/audio/mobile-audio

Since the AZ09 has the latest Bluetooth 5.2 version, it would be interesting to see how it pairs with a phone that also has Bluetooth 5.2. Currently there are at least 39, all Android. As to whether these already have the high-quality low-power LC3 codec, an associated feature of Bluetooth 5.2's LE Audio, I don't know. At the moment for me the bottom line reality is: AZ09 is best used with iOS devices; so I use mine with my trusty iPhone 6+, which is no slouch in the audio department and can still hold its own even with newer Android phones as regards transparency, at least for Apple's intentional 16-bit/48KHz limit.

https://www.kenrockwell.com/apple/iphone-6-plus.htm#measurements
https://www.bluetooth.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/Bluetooth_5.2_Feature_Overview.pdf

The AZ09 has no AptX codec or any of its various iterations. There are only 2 audio settings, standard and high performance. KZ does not really state what involves high performance but hints it has to do with Bluetooth 5.2's low power and high efficiency audio and transmission components with purported improvements in range and stability, audio resolution and latency. When you open the charging case the modules automatically search for compatible transmitting or previously paired devices. The LED indicator on the case lights green. When its orange it's time to recharge the case via a USB C slot at the side. An automated voice notifies you when you're paired with a source device. Pressing the buttons on the modules 3X in succession will switch you to either of the 2 audio settings. That's all I needed to know.

With the ZAX-AZ09 combo paired with the iPhone 6+ and the Audioforge EQ app playing 16-bit/44.1 KHz FLAC files, I apply a modest equalization at ~3KHz and 8KHz to remove the occasional stridency using the app's parametric equalizer. The first time I listened I immediately noticed that the ZAX stage became sort of nebulous and that imaging lost focus. Further there was this weird panning of instruments. For example drums sounding directly at one ear would suddenly pop and sound directly at the other ear. After much consternation I discovered that the Crossfeed feature of the EQ app was somehow set to its max negative setting! So I slowly added crossfeed (again thru the app) until I got to ~ 8-10%. Everything became defined and the stage became somewhat compressed towards the front, with drums now sounding just so slightly forward of my ears, as if I'm listening at the sweet spot of a pair of stereo speakers. Do note this is still pretty much a head stage. Another positive: Imaging is now like it is with the ZAX wired. At this setting and with the AZ09 at high performance mode, save for the altered sound stage, for the life of me I could barely discern any other appreciable difference between wired and wireless. If I do listen very closely using my reference tracks there seems to be a sort of roll-off at both ends of my audible frequency spectrum. There's also a sort of "softening" to the bass quality, confined to the sub-bass which I mainly remedy with EQ. Come to think of it, with my mind not focused on critically fleshing out fine details and such but simply on listening to music, AZ09 on standard mode is more than adequate. Less battery drain, too. And btw I couldn't hear any hiss from the ZAX on either modes.

In my unique user case, the AZ09 as a whole is most liberating; it also has the ability to disappear between the music I listen to and the IEM it's attached to in my ears—the very capable ZAX—when I'm up and about doing all the usual senior-citizen things I do in my house. Head-bobbing, finger-snapping, shoulder and hip-swaying included. That also means I very seldom get any dropouts unless I move to and beyond the edges of its range.

Welll... I do have one complaint, which is the too loud voice prompts. That first blast of metallic "Connect-aid" is very disconcerting. Fortunately I'm growing accustomed to them and I always smile when I hear that proud female proclamation, "High pee-foh-mens mode."

KZ's AZ09 bluetooth modules truly are a pleasant surprise. There's a certain raw 20th century beauty to them. They're light, comfortable and stay in place behind the ears. And the rest of the AZ09's performance parameters jibe with what are being represented by KZ in its ads, especially battery life(!). This morning I started listening with the AZ09-ZAX— in standard mode and at around 95% charge having used it for a while the night before—at around 5:30 while puttering in the kitchen. Past 9:30 the low battery voice warnings began. This at 1 or 2 taps (depending on music) short of the mid-volume level of the iPhone on the kitchen counter.

Though it seems to have flown under the radar of most, I deem the AZ09 THE TWS option for KZ and CCA Type-C wired IEMs, which comprises almost the entire catalog of their latter models. Here's the thing: as regards future-proofing, the AZ09 is cheaper than its dedicated TWS Bluetooth 5.2 KZ/CCA siblings like the Z3, the Z1 Pro, the CC1 and the SKS; PLUS you have the latitude and choice to connect to other great-sounding KZ/CCA IEMs.

As for me, I now have something that's really very good to listen to for extended periods while moving about without the discomfort and inconvenience of fit, weight or wires. And—with both the ZAX and AZ09 costing me only $59 in total—without holes in my pockets.

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2021 at 10:43 AM Post #55,884 of 63,917
I ended up to CP360 too. I was trying to differentiate AST with other IEM by using vocal boost CP100+ but in the end, I started to feel uncomfortable with the unnaturally tuned overall tone with CP100+. CP360 is natural and better fit, with clear imaging on AST

Jul 1, 2021 at 10:57 AM Post #55,885 of 63,917
KZ's AZ09+ZAX combo is a winner!

KZ AZ09.jpgKZ AZ09+ZAX.jpg

Been listening to this for more than a week, with my trusty iPhone 6+ thru the Audioforge EQ app as source.

I have a black TRN 16-core cable with QDC connectors on hand so I used these for better ergonomics and aesthetics. I've never been able to hear any audible differences between and among different cables.

I "burn in" my headphones by listening to them out of the box.

Also changed the stock tips with large, soft, wide-bore silicone tips and with these I perceive the ZAX as a refined, mature iteration of the ZS10 Pro, which I have. Much less of a V-shape. A tad less bass quantity but which translates into better quality; resonance has a more organic feel, with better control. However, the ZAX's relatively stubby nozzle could be felt through the soft silicone tips and over time became a bother. My solution was to place a tiny silicone O-ring over the nozzle first before attaching the tip... et voila! Ideal seal was achieved and the bass became even tighter and fuller, with superb dynamics. Mids have less of a trough, I think, but the rise into the upper mids is not as steep, so there's less or none of that KZ characteristic shoutiness with most vocal tracks. Still the upper mids and treble are detailed and have that natural timbre, with percussions sounding just right. No sibilance in the usual range but once in a while a soupçon of harshness, particularly with reed instruments, comes across. Quite fatiguing with certain albums.

O-ring.jpgO-ring2.jpg

As regards stage, there's this sort of field or halo of sound extending just outside my head and receding past my ears, oddly reminiscent of one of those horseshoe-shaped neck pillows for use in your car. The image—delineation or separation, placement and layer of musical instruments—in this stage seems defined and accurate enough, but not that stark or laser precise. Note that I couldn't hear anything beyond 14.5 KHz.

Directly coming from the CCA C12 (sporting SpinFit CP360 tips) I’d say both sound very similar; but the ZAX, despite having less BA components, apparently improves on the former. There are no sharp edges on its shell, for one. Stage is more enveloping with the ZAX with depth about the same. Imaging is more or less even. In terms of bass resonance and precision the ZAX is slightly better. I think the mids of the ZAX are more balanced relative to its bass and treble counterparts compared to the C12. In certain female vocal tracks, those S, T, Z or other fricative and affricate consonant sounds that we refer to as sibilance sometimes make their presence unfavorably felt with the C12. As mentioned I don’t hear that with the ZAX. C12 treble seems more airy and extended though at the expense of more fatigue during long listening sessions (without EQ for both).

Using foobar2000 out of Windows 10 I could listen to the ZAX through a Topping E30-L30 stack reclining in my easy chair at low to moderate volumes for hours.

KZ AZ09 + KZ ZAX Impressions

KZ officially refers to the AZ09 as “HD Bluetooth Module Upgrade Cable”. Since @cappuchino has comprehensively reviewed the AZ09 (he brought it to my attention—so Thanks!) I won't anymore repeat technical details unless relevant. cappuchino also heretofore mentioned (also KZ's ads and the retail box itself) that the AZ09 utilizes the AAC codec and has the latest Bluetooth 5.2 version.

Utilizing AAC seems not self-limiting since AAC is one of the most commonly supported Bluetooth codecs in the wireless headphone industry. It is supported by both Apple and Android devices. It is the default audio compression codec used by YouTube and Apple’s iTunes. It is native to and optimized with Apple devices.

Some 3rd party tests however show that implementation of AAC for Apple phones and tablets is better than that in Android devices, mainly because of Android's Energy Aware Scheduling (EAS) algorithms. And each Android device has its own unique way of encoding AAC, which add to the wide variance of efficiency among them but that in best case scenarios still are inferior to iOS implementation. Perhaps this could also be attributed to low-quality hardware audio encoders embedded in various Android phone chipsets, like in many budget smartphones and not-so-budget ones that emphasize camera features in the ongoing megapixel wars. Hopefully the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon SOCs have much higher-quality AAC encoders built in.

https://www.google.com.ph/amp/s/www...-guide-to-bluetooth-headphones-aac-20296/amp/
https://m.habr.com/en/post/456182/
https://www.qualcomm.com/products/audio/mobile-audio

Since the AZ09 has the latest Bluetooth 5.2 version, it would be interesting to see how it pairs with a phone that also has Bluetooth 5.2. Currently there are at least 39, all Android. As to whether these already have the high-quality low-power LC3 codec, an associated feature of Bluetooth 5.2's LE Audio, I don't know. At the moment for me the bottom line reality is: AZ09 is best used with iOS devices; so I use mine with my trusty iPhone 6+, which is no slouch in the audio department and can still hold its own even with newer Android phones as regards transparency, at least for Apple's intentional 16-bit/48KHz limit.

https://www.kenrockwell.com/apple/iphone-6-plus.htm#measurements
https://www.bluetooth.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/Bluetooth_5.2_Feature_Overview.pdf

The AZ09 has no AptX codec or any of its various iterations. There are only 2 audio settings, standard and high performance. KZ does not really state what involves high performance but hints it has to do with Bluetooth 5.2's low power and high efficiency audio and transmission components with purported improvements in range and stability, audio resolution and latency. When you open the charging case the modules automatically search for compatible transmitting or previously paired devices. The LED indicator on the case lights green. When its orange it's time to recharge the case via a USB C slot at the side. An automated voice notifies you when you're paired with a source device. Pressing the buttons on the modules 3X in succession will switch you to either of the 2 audio settings. That's all I needed to know.

With the ZAX-AZ09 combo paired with the iPhone 6+ and the Audioforge EQ app playing 16-bit/44.1 KHz FLAC files, I apply a modest equalization at ~3KHz and 8KHz to remove the occasional stridency using the app's parametric equalizer. The first time I listened I immediately noticed that the stage became sort of nebulous and that imaging lost focus. Further there was this weird panning of instruments. For example drums sounding directly at one ear would suddenly pop and sound directly at the other ear. After much consternation I discovered that the Crossfeed feature of the EQ app was somehow set to its max negative setting! So I slowly added crossfeed (again thru the app) until I got to ~ 8-10%. Everything became defined and the stage became somewhat compressed towards the front, with drums now sounding just so slightly forward of my ears, as if I'm listening at the sweet spot of a pair of stereo speakers. Note that this is still pretty much a head stage. Another positive: Imaging is now like it is with the ZAX wired. At this setting and with the AZ09 at high performance mode, save for the altered sound stage, for the life of me I could barely discern any other appreciable difference between wired and wireless. If I do listen very closely using my reference tracks there seems to be a sort of roll-off at both ends of my audible frequency spectrum. There's also a sort of "softening" to the bass quality, confined to the sub-bass which I mainly remedy with EQ. Come to think of it, with my mind not focused on critically fleshing out fine details and such but simply on listening to music, AZ09 on standard mode is more than adequate. Less battery drain, too. And btw I couldn't hear any hiss from the ZAX on either modes.

In my unique user case, the AZ09 as a whole is most liberating; it also has the ability to disappear between the music I listen to and the IEM it's attached to in my ears—the very capable ZAX—when I'm up and about doing all the usual senior-citizen things I do in my house. Head-bobbing, finger-snapping, shoulder and hip-swaying included. That also means I very seldom get any dropouts unless I move to and beyond the edges of its range.

Welll... I do have one complaint, which is the too loud voice prompts. That first blast of metallic "Connect-aid" is very disconcerting. Fortunately I'm growing accustomed to them and I always smile when I hear that proud female proclamation, "High pee-foh-mens mode."

KZ's AZ09 bluetooth modules truly are a pleasant surprise. There's a certain raw 20th century beauty to them. They're light, comfortable and stay in place behind the ears. And the rest of the AZ09's performance parameters jibe with what are being represented by KZ in its ads, especially battery life(!). This morning I started listening with the AZ09-ZAX— in standard mode and at around 95% charge having used it for a while the night before—at around 5:30 while puttering in the kitchen. Past 9:30 the low battery voice warnings began. This at 1 or 2 taps (depending on music) short of the mid-volume level of the iPhone on the kitchen counter.

Though it seems to have flown under the radar of most, I deem the AZ09 THE TWS option for KZ and CCA Type-C wired IEMs, which comprises almost the entire catalog of their latter models. Here's the thing: as regards future-proofing, the AZ09 is cheaper than its dedicated TWS Bluetooth 5.2 KZ/CCA siblings like the Z3, the Z1 Pro, the CC1 and the SKS; PLUS you have the latitude and choice to connect to other great-sounding KZ/CCA IEMs.

As for me, I now have something that's really very good to listen to for extended periods while moving about without the discomfort and inconvenience of fit, weight or wires. And—with both the ZAX and AZ09 costing me only $59 in total—without holes in my pockets.
I love mine too. I can detect a slight hiss when nothing is playing with my zs10 pros, but virtually every bluetooth device does this. I almost exclusively use them with my zs10 pros, as the acrylic shroud is wearing out on mine, so I keep them attached now.

I posted something about them being "grabby" with the bluetooth connection, in that it keeps connecting obnoxiously when using other bluetooth sets, when walking into range of them in the tws thread. This is my only complaint. To mitigate this, I often have to forge the pairing with my phone, and relearn the pairing when I want to use them. Do you get this problem to? I also find that they are more comfortable than the TRN bt20 because the ear hooks are longer so don't pinch as much.

I haven't had the high performance mode activated yet, I might have to have a fiddle with them, just to see if it works, although I generally don't care about latency.

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2021 at 11:36 AM Post #55,886 of 63,917
Sad news... I discovered this week that my beloved ZAX has developed an issue where the left earpiece is maybe 1/4 volume of the right. Even though I've been nothing but careful with them as they're my best IEMs. I bought them from Linsoul, but it feels like they are going to make warranty claim a fight - I have to provide photo/video evidence of the issue (?) and mail it back at my cost. Any ideas about what I can do?

Jul 1, 2021 at 11:46 AM Post #55,887 of 63,917
Sad news... I discovered this week that my beloved ZAX has developed an issue where the left earpiece is maybe 1/4 volume of the right. Even though I've been nothing but careful with them as they're my best IEMs. I bought them from Linsoul, but it feels like they are going to make warranty claim a fight - I have to provide photo/video evidence of the issue (?) and mail it back at my cost. Any ideas about what I can do?
You could produce a video for them though it will require three devices - one to play back white noise, one to act as a dB sound meter, and one as a video recording device. There are free apps for phones that can give you a realtime dB meter for iOS and Android. If you put an earphone next to the mic on a phone, you'll get a dB reading. You can download a 15 minute white noise track from here:

https://www.audiocheck.net/testtones_whitenoise.php

Play that MP3 on an audio source hooked up to the ZAX and then record a video showing that when you hold each ZAX earphone next to the mic the dB reading is different. Also swap the left and right headphone cables so that you demonstrate it's not the cable that's defective, but the ZAX.

Jul 1, 2021 at 12:36 PM Post #55,888 of 63,917
I love mine too. I can detect a slight hiss when nothing is playing with my zs10 pros, but virtually every bluetooth device does this. I almost exclusively use them with my zs10 pros, as the acrylic shroud is wearing out on mine, so I keep them attached now.

I posted something about them being "grabby" with the bluetooth connection, in that it keeps connecting obnoxiously when using other bluetooth sets, when walking into range of them in the tws thread. This is my only complaint. To mitigate this, I often have to forge the pairing with my phone, and relearn the pairing when I want to use them. Do you get this problem to? I also find that they are more comfortable than the TRN bt20 because the ear hooks are longer so don't pinch as much.

I haven't had the high performance mode activated yet, I might have to have a fiddle with them, just to see if it works, although I generally don't care about latency.

You mean it will attempt to connect with another device within range even if both have not been previously paired, in the process affecting or interrupting transmission from its current paired device? No, haven’t experienced anything like that. All Bluetooth transmitters in my devices that have been paired with the AZ09—the iPhone, iPad, Windows 10 laptop and Chromebook—are always turned off unless needed. Although the AZ09 is always active when turned on, I thought all along it will only attempt to connect with other Bluetooth devices when the transmitter with which it is paired is turned off. I’ve used the AZ09 with others in the house also having active Bluetooth connections of their own within range, and its connection remained stable.

As regards the hiss, it only becomes audible to me when nothing is playing and the iPhone’s volume is at full—and with the iPhone 6+ that’s at 0 dB. If music suddenly starts playing at that level it will immediately blast any earwax off your ears. :ksc75smile:

Also, I could hardly tell the difference between standard and high performance mode myself unless I'm playing certain reference tracks.

Jul 1, 2021 at 12:43 PM Post #55,889 of 63,917
You mean it will attempt to connect with another device within range even if both have not been previously paired, in the process affecting or interrupting transmission from its current paired device? No, haven’t experienced anything like that. All Bluetooth transmitters in my devices that have been paired with the AZ09—the iPhone, iPad, Windows 10 laptop and Chromebook—are always turned off unless needed. Although the AZ09 is always active when turned on, I thought all along it will only attempt to connect with other Bluetooth devices when the transmitter with which it is paired is turned off. I’ve used the AZ09 with others in the house also having active Bluetooth connections of their own within range, and its connection remained stable.

As regards the hiss, it only becomes audible to me when nothing is playing and the iPhone’s volume is at full—and with the iPhone 6+ that’s at 0 dB. If music suddenly starts playing at that level it will immediately blast any earwax off your ears. :ksc75smile:

Also, I could hardly tell the difference between standard and high performance mode myself unless I'm playing certain reference tracks.
Yes it suddenly takes over the connection if I am listening to my bomakers if I wander into range. I guess they jostle in my bag and activate the az09 and it hijacks my connection. My workaround is to unpair the device and re-pair it once I want to use them. My car stereo also does this, but in that case it is a wanted feature and not a bug. Apart from that the AZ09 is pretty much perfect for me.

Jul 1, 2021 at 10:07 PM Post #55,890 of 63,917
Well I got my AST's today!
All I can say is that I'm done buying earphones for a long time.
I bought a few different KZ/CCA models lately mostly because I love the fit.
If you put the ASX, ASF, AST, DQ6, CSN on a table and told me to pick the best and worst I don't think I'd have a clue.
My favorite is the ASX/ASF because they fit my ear perfectly.

If someone has a specific piece of music where I can without a doubt hear a difference in quality between all these please let me know.
I'd like to hear it. Maybe once I hear something specific a light bulb will go on and I'll appreciate this game better.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back