Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
May 19, 2021 at 10:08 AM Post #55,322 of 63,995
DQ6 is one good IEM too. SKS is TWS, but tuned better.

Wireless seemed not gaining enough reputation in headfi community yet, but with latest aptX and further more Sony’s LDAC sound quality preferred mode, it is hard to tell the difference between lossless wired and wireless anymore. AptX HD is 80% of LDAC. However if used iphone’s AAC connection, the sound image and dynamic range illustrations are very plain one, not reommended to pair any TWS to iphones.

Not sure about the tuning. I said it before that the DQ6 is better wireless ditching the cable. I think that it is the BT synergy making it sound better so not sure about the tuning of the SKS actually. More maybe the synergy works with the BT. :)

May 19, 2021 at 10:53 AM Post #55,323 of 63,995
Thanks!
I love to try SKS, but having iPhone and Spotify that uses Ogg Vorbis via BT is even worse than AAC, so I think it will be not a good idea....?
Hmm...yea not worth..with AAC SKS just sound average C-grade IEMs.

May 19, 2021 at 10:57 AM Post #55,324 of 63,995
Not sure about the tuning. I said it before that the DQ6 is better wireless ditching the cable. I think that it is the BT synergy making it sound better so not sure about the tuning of the SKS actually. More maybe the synergy works with the BT. :)
Yea most likely the synergy of both. In fact AAC tuning make SKS just average sounding one. If DQ6 is hooked with same system I’m sure it will be nice, and I’ve been keep longing for DQ6 TWS.

However as I mentioned diffusion coherence of DQ6, it’s got some problem, of which SKS doesn’t inherit, so even if they are on same system, SKS would sound more cohesive one overall.

May 19, 2021 at 1:50 PM Post #55,325 of 63,995
hye..i ve been resisting kz zax for a while now, i have zsx and zs10pro so im afraid if i got more or less the same thing...even after quite numerous positive reviews here im stil not convinced, is there any alternative within the same price range? recently ive tried a lot of earbuds and many of them have open back design, ive liked the sound signature alot, but all fitting is terrible... is there any iem with open back sound quality, or just the nature of iem didnt allow it?

May 19, 2021 at 2:15 PM Post #55,326 of 63,995
hye..i ve been resisting kz zax for a while now, i have zsx and zs10pro so im afraid if i got more or less the same thing...even after quite numerous positive reviews here im stil not convinced, is there any alternative within the same price range? recently ive tried a lot of earbuds and many of them have open back design, ive liked the sound signature alot, but all fitting is terrible... is there any iem with open back sound quality, or just the nature of iem didnt allow it?
Hello. What type of music you listen to? Also, do you need something similar to KZ ZSX or you want to have something different? If you want something different then what is your preferred sound signature?

May 19, 2021 at 2:17 PM Post #55,327 of 63,995
Actually believe it or not, ZAX is open back, it has very wide openings of air vents. Maybe you may try dynamic drivers such as HZSound HeartMirror, Moondrop Aria.

May 19, 2021 at 2:26 PM Post #55,328 of 63,995
i mainly listen to orchestral, jpop and kpop songs ☺️, i think i should have something like earbuds sound but with iem body, i think i cannot stand iem with non existent bass like fiio fh1s that i also got but very disappointed with it.. i mainly use generic philips earbuds nowdays plus blon 05s, i just ordered kbear ks1 curiously since you guys mention it to have old school sound signature 😅 i resisted blon o3 because of the fit, so i opt for the kbear

May 19, 2021 at 2:37 PM Post #55,330 of 63,995
i mainly listen to orchestral, jpop and kpop songs ☺️, i think i should have something like earbuds sound but with iem body, i think i cannot stand iem with non existent bass like fiio fh1s that i also got but very disappointed with it.. i mainly use generic philips earbuds nowdays plus blon 05s, i just ordered kbear ks1 curiously since you guys mention it to have old school sound signature 😅 i resisted blon o3 qbecause of the fit, so i opt for the kbear
In that case, you can try Tin Hifi T2+, HZ Heart Mirror (requires amping), Smabat NCO (if you can manage to purchase them), BQEYZ KB100 and CCA C10.

They'll synergise very well with what you listen and except Heart Mirror none require demanding sources/amping.

May 19, 2021 at 2:43 PM Post #55,331 of 63,995
In that case, you can try Tin Hifi T2+, HZ Heart Mirror (requires amping), Smabat NCO (if you can manage to purchase them), BQEYZ KB100 and CCA C10.

They'll synergise very well with what you listen and except Heart Mirror none require demanding sources/amping.
oh thats good, i'll read and select one that i interested the most, theyre all really interesting for sure 😃 especially that Smabat, thanks @Barusu Lamperouge

May 19, 2021 at 4:04 PM Post #55,332 of 63,995
Today I picked up some spinfit CP145 tips for my ZS10 Pro’s and whilst they immediately felt crazy comfortable the bass is utterly killed and isolation is poor. I ordered large tips as they measure the same diameter as the KZ starline large tips. I notice the KZ’s are more round whereas the spinfit are pointier if that makes sense.
Am I doing something wrong are or they just a poor fit for me? I thought they would offer comparable sound to the star line tips which sound fab but with improved comfort.

May 19, 2021 at 4:08 PM Post #55,333 of 63,995
2332.jpg

May 19, 2021 at 6:39 PM Post #55,334 of 63,995
Yea most likely the synergy of both. In fact AAC tuning make SKS just average sounding one. If DQ6 is hooked with same system I’m sure it will be nice, and I’ve been keep longing for DQ6 TWS.

However as I mentioned diffusion coherence of DQ6, it’s got some problem, of which SKS doesn’t inherit, so even if they are on same system, SKS would sound more cohesive one overall.
I am not too into knowing every model KZ and what drivers it has inside. Is there a wired model with the same SKS drivers. Bet it might sound a little worse with a cable. You know what I mean it is more a happy accident than they actually tuned it right for the TWS. You are on to something. Even though the same player and not any better than aptX with a cheap BQeyz Z3 the DQ6 has no coherence issue. I have to change to a decent cable and high gain to get the DQ6 to perform that way as far as signature and sing together like wireless and it has more technical ability but still really doesn't sing the same way not as sweet. Just like with other things in front in the chain there really can be synergy with BT chips and earphones well.

I went for the CCA C1 which has 30095 and a dynamic where the SKS says 30019 armature and dynamic. Hopefully It should sound pretty sweet as well esp. for $20. I liked the CCA's more traditional shaped case.

Last edited:
May 19, 2021 at 7:36 PM Post #55,335 of 63,995
Today I picked up some spinfit CP145 tips for my ZS10 Pro’s and whilst they immediately felt crazy comfortable the bass is utterly killed and isolation is poor. I ordered large tips as they measure the same diameter as the KZ starline large tips. I notice the KZ’s are more round whereas the spinfit are pointier if that makes sense.
Am I doing something wrong are or they just a poor fit for me? I thought they would offer comparable sound to the star line tips which sound fab but with improved comfort.
poor fit, same happens to me with CP100 S, also have M size and its perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back