Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Feb 4, 2021 at 8:28 PM Post #54,106 of 64,222
I am now torn between 2 KZs, DQ6 and BA10. Both very much are in my sweet sonic zone but confused on which one should I bet on first. I've never had an all BA set although I've had a few multi-BA hybrids but few of them have steely timbre. I've got a bunch of DDs in my collection and I'm now sort of suffering from DD overkill 😄 But DQ6 impressions are too hard to ignore at the moment. Learned folks of the forum, please guide me.
A hard choice between two quite different IEMs.

In favour of DQ6:
-- almost twice less expensive;
-- newer, actually still the most recent wired KZ;
-- great comfortable fit, especially vs. BA10
-- XUN DD that many were after.

For BA10:
-- all-BA sound, competent, one of the most balanced KZ;
-- BA bass is nicely implemented;
-- beautifully machined anodized aluminum shells;
-- great ear training, almost any IEM will fit after BA10 :)

Hard choice!
To me, AS10, which are warmer than BA10, but with a lot of similarities, is also a contender.

Feb 4, 2021 at 9:57 PM Post #54,107 of 64,222
I don't have EDX but ZS10 PRO slightly elevated bass indeed making the sound profile a tad warm.
With Final E eartips it offers more controll and solid punch bass, also works to tam the lower treble.
Oh, good to know. Better try out my other tips then.

Feb 5, 2021 at 12:33 AM Post #54,108 of 64,222
I can confirm the same, I always use 0.78mm 2Pin cables on all IEM's without any problems or anything braking 👍 :)
Yup...+1. 0.78 works no problem on 0.75

Feb 5, 2021 at 12:46 AM Post #54,109 of 64,222
There's cheap KZs like EDX that have quite good reviews and are relatively affordable. I think u can get two for $12 usd, just skip a restaurant meal for music bliss!

I'm just warning that EDXs are good IEMs for the price but that doesn't mean they're good either.
For a backup pair why not, but not for everyday use. They have a lot of flaws (precision, stage, isolation)

The QD6 are very much above! No hesitation between the two if the budget allows.

Feb 5, 2021 at 1:09 AM Post #54,110 of 64,222
I am now torn between 2 KZs, DQ6 and BA10. Both very much are in my sweet sonic zone but confused on which one should I bet on first. I've never had an all BA set although I've had a few multi-BA hybrids but few of them have steely timbre. I've got a bunch of DDs in my collection and I'm now sort of suffering from DD overkill 😄 But DQ6 impressions are too hard to ignore at the moment. Learned folks of the forum, please guide me.

DQ6 is a really good surprise for me :)
Don't have time to make a mini review but is a good choice.
They are equilibred on all, I don't see any flaws or really little.

Just recently discover on a old Quincy Jones album with an enormous stage that QD6 are beaten by my C16. The last offert more space and depht.

But QD6 are a really enjoyable pair. When I 've got more time, try to compare with BL03 BL01 but I can immediatly say that the 2 Blon are overboosted bass compare to DQ6. Too much for me....

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2021 at 5:01 AM Post #54,111 of 64,222
I ordered the TRN BA5 as my first all-BA IEM. It's a bit cheaper than the BA10—in fact, I think you could buy both the BA5 and the DQ6 for the price of a BA10.

It should be arriving tomorrow, so I'll give an update on my impressions once I get them.

I want to stay away from TRN as much as I can. Have had really bad experience product wise with the brand. Out of my 4 purchases in last 18 months, only one is functional. Although, thanks for your suggestion.

A hard choice between two quite different IEMs.

In favour of DQ6:
-- almost twice less expensive;
-- newer, actually still the most recent wired KZ;
-- great comfortable fit, especially vs. BA10
-- XUN DD that many were after.

For BA10:
-- all-BA sound, competent, one of the most balanced KZ;
-- BA bass is nicely implemented;
-- beautifully machined anodized aluminum shells;
-- great ear training, almost any IEM will fit after BA10 :)

Hard choice!
To me, AS10, which are warmer than BA10, but with a lot of similarities, is also a contender.

Indeed. Your post is what I've been pondering all this while 😆 Unavailability of AliExpress is also another pain in bollocks to deal with.

DQ6 is a really good surprise for me :)
Don't have time to make a mini review but is a good choice.
They are equilibred on all, I don't see any flaws or really little.

Just recently discover on a old Quincy Jones album with an enormous stage that QD6 are beaten by my C16. The last offert more space and depht.

But QD6 are a really enjoyable pair. When I 've got more time, try to compare with BL03 BL01 but I can immediatly say that the 2 Blon are overboosted bass compare to DQ6. Too much for me....

Yes. Will wait for your impressions.

I've got Sony MH 1 lined up as well so maybe I should go for BA10 now and DQ6 during some sale on Linsoul?

Feb 5, 2021 at 10:36 AM Post #54,114 of 64,222
Hey folks, how does an EDX compare to a TRN STM? I found a seller that's selling the STM at just $2 more than the EDX
I do like both, but at the same price point, I would take the STM. For me, the EDX is $6usd and STM was $20usd IIRC.

Feb 5, 2021 at 11:40 AM Post #54,117 of 64,222
KZ DQ6
(just threw them in the oven, so no opinion on the playback yet)
KZ DQ6a.jpg

These are my 1st KZ with the bump (like the the ZSX) , that fits into the Helix Lock. A little different action, in orienting the earphones for a good seal. I'm more accustomed to doing about a 1/4 turn, to "screw" my IEMs in place, with my foam tips. But the DQ6 does sit well
1612542668011.png

Feb 5, 2021 at 12:19 PM Post #54,118 of 64,222
Ah sorry about the earlier post, my memory recollection went dum dum, it's actually the TRN ST1 and not the STM

I've got them both. But my EDX is in my desk at work so can't answer right now.

I think that EDX is better than ST1 (from memory...)
ST1's BA is not well paired with the DD and be agressive.
If it is important for you, I can take my EDX monday at work for direct comparaison. :wink:

Feb 5, 2021 at 3:26 PM Post #54,119 of 64,222
Ah sorry about the earlier post, my memory recollection went dum dum, it's actually the TRN ST1 and not the STM

ST1 is a poor imitation of ZSN. EDX despite being a DD is fairly competent at that price point. Between the two, I'd take EDX any day because it still has that KZ fun factor and fit is excellent as well. With some snug fitting tips (if you don't prefer foam tips i.e.) they sound very good as lower mids gain some prominence and the brightness up top is slightly tamed. ST1 sounds very steely to me and have barely used them 5-6 times in last year or so.

Pros of EDX -

Snug fit
Fun signature (very similar to yesteryear's budget KZs)
Better connectivity as it uses standard 2-pin connectors

Pros of ST1 -

Better looking than EDX
Sonically it doesn't fare well against the EDX.

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2021 at 6:13 PM Post #54,120 of 64,222
Just got the DQ6. Initial impressions are very favorable. I’m truly loving these tri-DD IEMs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back