Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jun 13, 2020 at 7:37 AM Post #50,221 of 64,021
What would you consider as the KZ step up from Blon Bl-03
They are most likely a side grade and not upgrades. If you want better SQ then you will have to step up from the sub 50 usd price range.

Jun 13, 2020 at 7:51 AM Post #50,223 of 64,021
will the KZ AS16 be an upgrade then? or any other ChiFi brands? perhaps the TIN T series?
Do you want the same/similar sound signature? Or just want better Sound quality?

If you just want better sound quality then I have some recs.

LZ A6
Moondrop Blessing 2
Shuoer Tape (oratory1990 eq)
Audiosense DT200
Tin Hifi P1

Jun 13, 2020 at 8:35 AM Post #50,224 of 64,021
Do you want the same/similar sound signature? Or just want better Sound quality?

If you just want better sound quality then I have some recs.

LZ A6
Moondrop Blessing 2
Shuoer Tape (oratory1990 eq)
Audiosense DT200
Tin Hifi P1

thanks, I'll keep the p1 and the tape in mind, the rest are kinda way out of my budget or not available in my country ahaha...

regarding the Shouer Tape:
(not too sure on the 2.5mm jack, is it safe to convert it to 3.5mm?) just read this yesterday and got kinda spooked
https://www.moon-audio.com/balanced-adapters-caution

Jun 13, 2020 at 8:38 AM Post #50,225 of 64,021
thanks, I'll keep the p1 and the tape in mind, the rest are kinda way out of my budget or not available in my country ahaha...

(not too sure on the 2.5mm jack, is it safe to convert it to 3.5mm?) just read this yesterday and got kinda spooked
yes it is safe. You get a 2,5mm balanced to 3,5mm SE converter in the package (it is included in later batches, not in my tape which I bought quite early).

Jun 13, 2020 at 8:47 AM Post #50,226 of 64,021

I would recommend, Moondrop Starfield which are a bit more affordable. (i'm currently saving for it, i kinda blew my saving to buy BTR-5 after my phone suddently unable to connect to my Dragonfly DAC)

I used to use KZ but i'm currently uses TFZ King-series which have much better details compared to KZs. Things like you can easily feel the bass texture unlike ZS10-pro which are punchy but a bit hollow compared to TFZ-King-series.
TFZ-king does have less seperation as it is single driver vs KZ-multi, but it didn't bother me much as their seperation is pretty good for single driver.

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2020 at 11:58 AM Post #50,227 of 64,021
Sorry to hear about that. May I ask where you got your Bl-03's from. Most retailers do offer a warranty, for example Linsoul's is 1 year. What went wrong with them as well. A lot of people say the cheap included cable breaks causing people to think they are broken when they are not.

Pretty much all KZ's are v shaped however so are the Blon's. The difference in my opinion is that the Blon's have a slightly warmer sound with more bas than treble and most KZ's have a slightly brighter sound with more treble than bass. They can be quite similar though.

In the KZ range my pick would be the ZS10 pro's (not normal ZS10's). These are closer to the Blon's. Alternatively, I have hear that the new IEM from KZ's sister company, the CCA CA16 is more neutral with a solid low end punch and apparently amazing midrange. You can get 10% off them from Linsoul at the moment.

I bought mine from ebay, after ordering 2 times in aliexpress and receiving nothing, got my money back for those. Linsoul's is same price as aliexpress or ebay? it's not the cable, I already have 3 different cables for the blon, not a cable problem unfortunately.

Jun 13, 2020 at 12:07 PM Post #50,228 of 64,021
I bought mine from ebay, after ordering 2 times in aliexpress and receiving nothing, got my money back for those. Linsoul's is same price as aliexpress or ebay? it's not the cable, I already have 3 different cables for the blon, not a cable problem unfortunately.

If you really do like the Blon's, using code 618 you get an extra 10% off the BL-03's from linsoul. That makes them only 24.30 with free shipping and with the 1 year warranty. I know a lot of people including myself have had no problems with the Bl-03. Since they are so cheap at the moment from the primary distributor, and you already have extra cables and accessories, this may be a better option.

Jun 13, 2020 at 7:06 PM Post #50,229 of 64,021
This may be a dumb question???

With the detachable 2 pin connectors, how does one determine the proper orientation of the pins? There does not seem to be any type of indication as to + positive / - negative pin. So how do you know if you have them connected in-phase or out of phase?

Are there any downloadable test files that you could copy to the player and then play back to determine if the pins are orientated correctly?

Thanks in advance.

Jun 13, 2020 at 8:19 PM Post #50,230 of 64,021
This may be a dumb question???

With the detachable 2 pin connectors, how does one determine the proper orientation of the pins? There does not seem to be any type of indication as to + positive / - negative pin. So how do you know if you have them connected in-phase or out of phase?

Are there any downloadable test files that you could copy to the player and then play back to determine if the pins are orientated correctly?

Thanks in advance.

Hi friend, no question is dumb, we are all learning together in this audio journey!

Basically there's a red/blue dot on some of these 2 pin cables near the 2 pin area. As long as the dots face the same direction (both facing front or both facing back), you will not be out of phase in polarity. Some cables don't come with the dots unfortunately, but most have a earhook/cable guide, and that already hints at the orientation of the cable insertion (ie the earhook should face backwards when being worn).

Just to double check, u can use this link to see if u are out of phase (it is pretty obvious if so, music sounds weird and comes from behind the ears):

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2020 at 10:47 PM Post #50,231 of 64,021
Relaxing on a Saturday night with the ZSN and a nice glass of Glenfiddich scotch. I forgot how good these sound for a measly $12!?

920E5ECB-A473-4ABC-90DB-7E8F9603A1A7.jpeg

Jun 13, 2020 at 11:03 PM Post #50,232 of 64,021
Relaxing on a Saturday night with the ZSN and a nice glass of Glenfiddich scotch. I forgot how good these sound for a measly $12!?

The purple are the charm, especially with these really nice carbon covers :)

Jun 13, 2020 at 11:30 PM Post #50,233 of 64,021

920E5ECB-A473-4ABC-90DB-7E8F9603A1A7.jpeg
Doing the same...but with a few beers and the ZS10 PRO. Listening to this right now

Jun 13, 2020 at 11:34 PM Post #50,234 of 64,021
Still can't believe how awesome the ZS10 PRO sound. I honestly have to force myself to rotate my iem collection, or else I would just constantly listen to these.

Jun 13, 2020 at 11:45 PM Post #50,235 of 64,021
Doing the same...but with a few beers and the ZS10 PRO. Listening to this right now

Nice! I love me some ZS10 Pro goodness. It’s probably the KZ I grab the most often in addition to the ZS7.

I have been trying to make a conscious effort to include others in my regular rotation though, hence digging out the ZSN.

The biggest con to the ZSN is that cymbals don’t sound as natural as they do on dynamics (Blon etc).

I don’t want to call them “metallic”, because I think that term is a bit blown out of proportion on certain KZ models. A lot of budget hybrid earphones don’t reproduce cymbals via their BAs as naturally as dynamic-only earphones. It’s not just something unique to certain KZ models. Whether it’s something specific only to Bellsing 30095 I don’t know. They are certainly a favorite of KZs though. I think they buy them by the trainload!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back