Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
May 13, 2019 at 9:07 AM Post #43,951 of 63,919
Totally agree. And what you said about Bluedio is spot on as well.

I also wonder if the firmware can’t just be updated via USB once they have the problem flushed out?? They could just send the firmware file out to owners when it’s ready - problem solved.

My experience is that if they don't connect the USB Data pins to the CSR chip then the firmware cannot be updated. I haven't yet seen a receiver where the firmware can be updated. I have seen transmitters that it can be updated using CSR Blue Suite software. My best bet is that it will not be user-flashable and the USB will be only for charging. If, and only if, KZ enabled USB Audio via the USB port then there's a small chance of having a flashable firmware.

May 13, 2019 at 12:31 PM Post #43,952 of 63,919
So how many you KZ kids have a pair of these? Thought I'd pull them out and try them with Jr. today:grin:

What!.JPG

May 13, 2019 at 12:33 PM Post #43,953 of 63,919
So how many you KZ kids have a pair of these? Thought I'd pull them out and try them with Jr. today:grin:

Mine broke ages ago, and I was unable to repair it. They’ve been long discontinued.

I was just thinking about them the other day. I was thinking about trying to find anyone that still had one they may want to part with.

May 13, 2019 at 12:44 PM Post #43,954 of 63,919
Mine broke ages ago, and I was unable to repair it. They’ve been long discontinued.

I was just thinking about them the other day. I was thinking about trying to find anyone that still had one they may want to part with.

Shoot me a PM, don't know that I'd sell them but might consider a trade if you have something that might interest me. As a KZ collector these are a special one to have in ones collection for sure. I'll have to round up the charging cable but they function perfectly and as you can see light readouts are still nice and bright:wink: Keep in mind value has increased on them a wee bit since going out of production but I won't be too hard on ya:rolling_eyes:

May 13, 2019 at 6:24 PM Post #43,955 of 63,919

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/KZ-...reo-Earphone-With-Microphone/32895021093.html

It looks like that's not the model you want... what's different from the new one? That FOB device isn't attached.

OLD Model Discontinued: https://www.gearbest.com/earphones/pp_259868.html

Last edited:
May 13, 2019 at 6:37 PM Post #43,956 of 63,919
What do you think they would say? They didn't.....
Do you have any pictures of the length of your KZ 5.0 aptX HD cable?

May 13, 2019 at 6:38 PM Post #43,957 of 63,919
I have one on the way and it cleared customs in my country so I should have it soon. I also got this message from KZ (I ordered directly from them) so at least they are admitting to potential issues.
fsqPfL4.png
Got the same message. Requested to resend. Even if there's a chance it's "ok", I'd rather have one that's their "best" performing and not in an alpha stage.

I noticed these on sale recently for $18-19 which I thought was fishy. Guess it was due to the issue.

Last edited:
May 14, 2019 at 12:37 AM Post #43,958 of 63,919

As a KZ collector / hoarder / historian :wink: I am curious now, when was this one released and what was the original price? I saw 38$ on gearbest discontinued 'clearance' ... and how good is that amp?

Also, comparison with ZS1? The shell looks identical

Not saying I want to hunt down ALL KZ there are, there are still many available ones I am not interested in (i.e. that bamboo shell one) ... but is it worth to try to track this one down? Or just a curio item?

May 14, 2019 at 2:08 AM Post #43,959 of 63,919
Been listening to the ZS10 Pro for few days and honestly blown away by its sonic performance. I really cannot fault anything about its tuning nor the tonality. It blows some of my $100-$200 IEMs out of the water in terms of SQ and build quality.. (i am looking at you B400) .. thinking of grabbing few more for backup lol

Last edited:
May 14, 2019 at 3:21 AM Post #43,961 of 63,919
Don't know if anybody has posted this, but Rtings.com has published a KZ ZST review. Don't know why, they should've gone with my favourites ZS4, I wanted some hard data on them. But, oh well, at least this data lets me poke a bit of fun at expense of KZ.
Lookie here at ZST vs. ZSN frequency measurements
ctV5Xpa.png

And over here at the corresponding THD measurements
5x6Uopq.png

A bit déjà vu-y amirite?
Whatever they or anyone else purports has been improved between these two doesn't seem to be captured by measurements very well :D

May 14, 2019 at 5:03 AM Post #43,963 of 63,919
Been listening to the ZS10 Pro for few days and honestly blown away by its sonic performance. I really cannot fault anything about its tuning nor the tonality. It blows some of my $100-$200 IEMs out of the water in terms of SQ and build quality.. (i am looking at you B400) .. thinking of grabbing few more for backup lol

I agree with everything you say! I was not expecting anything like this and I’m loving it!

May 14, 2019 at 5:52 AM Post #43,965 of 63,919
How does the ZS10 pro compare to the C16? I am trying to decide between the two for my travel set, thanks!
C16 has more detail to me but its larger in size and fits fine but ZS10 Pro is maximum comfort to me, I don’t feel them hardly at all in my ears.
ZS10 pro is more neutral than C16 I think...... I love the C16 and this new ZS10 just is smoother.....Its a tough call.....for traveling I’d take ZS10 Pro because it fits so perfectly and sounds just so darn cohesive and smooth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back