Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Mar 1, 2019 at 11:00 AM Post #42,226 of 63,958
Gonna buy the ZS7 from AE then. Hope I'm not wrong about this. So many peoples said the ZS7 is on top of the line of KZ's headphones now among the As10 and the Ba10
Which pairs do you currently own?

Mar 1, 2019 at 11:06 AM Post #42,228 of 63,958
The Zs6 I'm using it and love iit.The soundstage the bass the mid but only the treble is too hard for me to take in
So are you looking for a stepped upgrade or something that's more of a shift in sound signature? If it's a stepped upgrade, the ZS7 would be a good choice. If it's something completely different, I'd suggest the AS10, but it's totally up to your preferences. Don't have experience with the BA10, so can't comment on it.

Mar 1, 2019 at 11:08 AM Post #42,229 of 63,958
So are you looking for a stepped upgrade or something that's more of a shift in sound signature? If it's a stepped upgrade, the ZS7 would be a good choice. If it's something completely different, I'd suggest the AS10, but it's totally up to your preferences. Don't have experience with the BA10, so can't comment on it.
Just a steeped upgrade I think because I love the Zs6 signature. If the Zs7 still have all the good things of the Zs6 on it. It would be great!

Mar 1, 2019 at 3:02 PM Post #42,231 of 63,958
I prefer the ZS7 over the AS10.

Mar 1, 2019 at 4:16 PM Post #42,232 of 63,958
Attn KZ owners:

So my TRN BT20 showed up today (ordered during 11.11).

Initial impressions:

The packaging is a step up from the average TRN product. The split charging cable is slick.

The BT20 themselves appear to be well built.

They are very low latency; perfectly usable with movies and videos from my iPhone.

The fit is quite comfortable (even with glasses). I have not had them long enough to know the battery life on a full charge yet. I also have not made any phone calls with them, so I don't know how well they'll fare with the microphones being behind the ear. I suspect below average microphone performance, but I won't care either way because I bought them for the purpose of listening to music totally wirelessly.

The range is excellent. I was able to walk from my basement (where my phone was) all the way to my car parked on the street outside my house with no hiccup or drop at all.

So far I've tried them with the KZ ZS4, KZ ZSN, BQEYZ K2, BQEYZ KB1, and an aluminum quad driver IEM. I do plan on trying them with some more IEMs, to see which have the best synergy.

So far the standout pairing is with the KZ ZSN. The BT20 has no trouble driving the ZSN (as loud as I want to go), and the plug fits tightly (and looks fine). They sound great with the ZSN (I am assuming my iPhone is using AAC mode).

Best ChiFi product I've bought in 2 years. The BT20 has made my other bluetooth IEM gear obsolete - Meizu EP52, multiple KZ bluetooth cable iterations, TRN BT3, TRN BT10, Bluedio TN, some crap Baseus and Awei IEMs, and the Xiaomi bluetooth adapter (however I will still use them for earbuds and full size headphones).

Are you not having problems with the microphone and the buttons on these?

I can agree on the nice range and battery life but mine are either broken or I'm doing something terribly wrong. The quality of the mic during calls is terrible, everything sounds garbled and the external noise is very noticeable. Also, whenever I try to use the buttons to skip a song, my phone just redials the last dialed number. Other than that; yes, these are amazing little things.

Mar 1, 2019 at 4:37 PM Post #42,233 of 63,958
Are you not having problems with the microphone and the buttons on these?

I can agree on the nice range and battery life but mine are either broken or I'm doing something terribly wrong. The quality of the mic during calls is terrible, everything sounds garbled and the external noise is very noticeable. Also, whenever I try to use the buttons to skip a song, my phone just redials the last dialed number. Other than that; yes, these are amazing little things.

The button doesn’t support music control functionality (ie skip forwards/back). The button is play, pause, call control, power, and pairing. That’s it.

Here’s the manual where it says what the button functions are:

78D5E464-766C-4DE3-ADC1-2BC24F58DE5F.jpeg

As far as the mic, I don’t use them for calls (mainly music). But the fact that the BT20 units are tucked behind and covered up by your ears should be a clue as to how bad the mic performance will be. It would be like a singer putting the mic in their back pocket. The mic needs to be as close to your mouth as possible to be effective, regardless of whether it’s a cell phone, Bluetooth headset, or studio recording mic.

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2019 at 7:53 PM Post #42,235 of 63,958
I know this is weird to ask but what if the KZ ZS7 compare with the Shure 215?
They don't. The 215, in comparison, is a bloated mess. Only two things I can appreciate from the 215 are isolation and comfort. They're a good use for someone needing cheap stage monitors, but in all music-related categories, I can't recommend them.

Mar 1, 2019 at 8:47 PM Post #42,236 of 63,958
I prefer the zs7 to as10 aswell. Not because as10 is bad or anything, but zs7 is alot more fun and has a better bass body than as10.

Also, I am cancelling my c16 order because I am going to order the new Samsung galaxy buds. I am pretty satisfied with zs7 as wired and bluetooth cable companion.

Mar 2, 2019 at 1:13 AM Post #42,237 of 63,958
Quick word of caution for anybody thinking of buying a ZS7 on AE, I ordered one from MissAudio on AE because they had a very good price, but after a long wait with no communication from the seller the order was finally cancelled by AE. So despite the good ZS7 price being advertised by that seller, it's probably best to order it elsewhere.

Maybe they oversold? I know a few have purchased theirs there, including myself, though mine is still in the mail and on it's way to Toronto (according to the tracking info). Either way, that sucks. Hopefully you were able to order a set elsewhere.

I wanted to let everyone know about this. There isn’t any issue with the ZS7 stock, at least not from MissAudio.

MissAudio was temporarily out of stock right after the Chinese New Year holiday a few weeks ago, because they got slammed and had to fill all of the orders that came in during the CNY holiday.

But as of right now, they are in stock, they’re shipping them just fine. I literally just ordered one for a friend, and it’s already shipped out.

So no worries!

Mar 2, 2019 at 6:41 AM Post #42,238 of 63,958
They don't. The 215, in comparison, is a bloated mess. Only two things I can appreciate from the 215 are isolation and comfort. They're a good use for someone needing cheap stage monitors, but in all music-related categories, I can't recommend them.
You said that make me happy considering the 215 have the pricetag which can buy two zs7

Mar 2, 2019 at 9:40 AM Post #42,239 of 63,958
Hi guys,
Long time lurker here.
I am currently searching for a pair of iems with very good isolation.
I know KZs have a very good price/performace ratio.
Can anyone please point me to a model(s) with the best sound isolation (does not necessary need to be KZ though).
I was thinking to buy the Shure 215 and now I saw as a coincidence that this has just been brought in discussion here (with quite a negative impression).
Thank you in advance.
Have a great weekend.

Mar 2, 2019 at 9:44 AM Post #42,240 of 63,958
Hi guys,
Long time lurker here.
I am currently searching for a pair of iems with very good isolation.
I know KZs have a very good price/performace ratio.
Can anyone please point me to a model(s) with the best sound isolation (does not necessary need to be KZ though).
I was thinking to buy the Shure 215 and now I saw as a coincidence that this has just been brought in discussion here (with quite a negative impression).
Thank you in advance.
Have a great weekend.

What kind of music genres do you like?

Do you know what kind of sound signature you want?

What are you going to be using to listen to them with? A phone, DAP, home stereo, iPod, etc? Will you be using an amplifier?

What is your typical music format? Streaming such as Spotify, MP3, flac, DSD?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back