Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Feb 22, 2019 at 9:05 AM Post #42,091 of 63,943
Very nice review, thank you!
My simpleton impression of AS06 is that 6 is noticeably less than 10.
That brings the question - did you have a chance to listen to CCA C16?
I currently have my new AS10 simmering in the burn-in machine, with C10 & C16 arriving next week.
As much as I am loving the AS06, the highs are a tad bit too prickly for me (sounds like there's a spike around 7khz). I am hoping AS10 or C16 will clinch it for me, preferably the cheaper one.

Feb 22, 2019 at 9:09 AM Post #42,092 of 63,943
Might be easier to detect the imbalance by ear using a tone generator. There should be free apps that does this job on smartphones. Just run it up and down the frequency spectrum slowly - if one of the L or R low/mid/high BA is damaged, you should hear a L/R imbalance at its corresponding frequency.
Thanks I will try to find it

Feb 22, 2019 at 9:30 AM Post #42,093 of 63,943
I currently have my new AS10 simmering in the burn-in machine, with C10 & C16 arriving next week.
As much as I am loving the AS06, the highs are a tad bit too prickly for me (sounds like there's a spike around 7khz). I am hoping AS10 or C16 will clinch it for me, preferably the cheaper one.
Sound fantastic! :)
Please share your experience.
If you feel the highs of AS06 - you should love AS10!
If anything, I feel AS10 highs are a bit missing sometimes (quite rare) while listening to violin.
In AS06 I just miss the mids, especially compared to C10, its direct competitor.

Feb 22, 2019 at 9:47 AM Post #42,094 of 63,943
Please share your experience.
If you feel the highs of AS06 - you should love AS10!
If anything, I feel AS10 highs are a bit missing sometimes (quite rare) while listening to violin.
In AS06 I just miss the mids, especially compared to C10, its direct competitor.
My plan was to end up with a decently sealed IEM and a small DAP for long plane flights. ZSN did not do it for me with its highs being too hot. I think as06, c10, c16 or as10 should fit the bill. But now, with the AS06 needing solid amping, my Hidizs AP80 is out of the running. My current amp setup for testing to too big to fit into my laptop bag. So the small DAP is still work in progress.

Feb 22, 2019 at 9:51 AM Post #42,095 of 63,943
Like i said, sister company is another company of 1 company but still have connections between them, like 1 of KZ owner open another company for example.
yes they are good for their price, but im afraid Giant slayer is just a myth after all. At least until now, a very good, high praised earphone that can have quality at double its price is considered very very good. No under $50 iem that can be compared to $1000
iem, not even $200 iem. There is no KZ (or other budget iems) that can fight against DM6, Kanas Pro, Ikko OH1, ibasso IT01s at $150-200. Sorry I dont mean to wipe up your hope, Me too if there is such a thing i will be very happy too like rest of us here, just correcting misleading hype, too much hype around there.
you'll know what i mean once you try those iems.

Oh i see, I'll keep in my mind. for now i am oriented in Chi-Fi In ear because my low budget and other factors.
My intention was just to pick up the best IEM under 50$ made by KZ maybe

Feb 22, 2019 at 9:55 AM Post #42,096 of 63,943
My plan was to end up with a decently sealed IEM and a small DAP for long plane flights. ZSN did not do it for me with its highs being too hot. I think as06, c10, c16 or as10 should fit the bill. But now, with the AS06 needing solid amping, my Hidizs AP80 is out of the running. My current amp setup for testing to too big to fit into my laptop bag. So the small DAP is still work in progress.

The AS10 should fit your needs pretty well as its isolation is excellent and its a pretty sensitive earphone, needing less than average volume settings to get to the sound levels I need on the commute. Using a LG G6 ( Quad DAC version) .

Feb 22, 2019 at 10:12 AM Post #42,097 of 63,943
The AS10 should fit your needs pretty well as its isolation is excellent and its a pretty sensitive earphone, needing less than average volume settings to get to the sound levels I need on the commute. Using a LG G6 ( Quad DAC version) .
Have the g6 as well. Both g6 and ap80 is definitely loud enough in sound volume. My test amp is using a variant of an old apheared 47 amp design which has good current delivery. There is a noticeable improvement in the SQ on the AS06 even when playing soft passages on the test amp. I suspect its probably things like dynamic range and slew rates which affects the as06. Not something i want to get into, as long as it can be replicated it on another smaller amp or DAP.

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2019 at 10:23 AM Post #42,098 of 63,943

EDR1 is small, comfortable, inexpensive, isolates well, sounds great, and needs no amp (it’s easily driven by any phone or DAP). It can be worn up or down, and it’s cheap enough that it gets lost, stolen, or damaged on a flight it’s no big deal. It’s treble is not hot or harsh at all.

Might be something to consider...

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2019 at 10:26 AM Post #42,099 of 63,943
Oh i see, I'll keep in my mind. for now i am oriented in Chi-Fi In ear because my low budget and other factors.
My intention was just to pick up the best IEM under 50$ made by KZ maybe

If you really want KZ then go for KZ ZS7, its highly praised one, and i believe that is good for its price, i havent buy it myself, but its like better version ZS6 without treble peaks, so will be good enough. alternatively if you can stretch your budget a bit, AS10 will be great.
I think read reviews of ZS7 if it suits you.

Feb 22, 2019 at 10:38 AM Post #42,100 of 63,943
EDR1 is small, comfortable, inexpensive, isolates well, sounds great, and needs no amp (it’s easily driven by any phone or DAP). It can be worn up or down, and it’s cheap enough that it gets lost, stolen, or damaged on a flight it’s no big deal. It’s treble is not hot or harsh at all
Thanks. My previous flight setup was hidizs ap60 (lost it) and kz atr(broke it). So the replacement was ap80 and another atr. Cheap and worked fine. Until i stupidly went and ordered ZSN and AS06 :) I literally just broke the seal for the AS10, and the CCAs are coming next week; let me get through them first to see what's what before ordering any new IEM. I do have a cheap A47-amped DAP on its way. Let's see how that turns out.

Feb 22, 2019 at 11:47 AM Post #42,101 of 63,943
The C10 are easy to push!...These are my companion and buddy when I travel. :ksc75smile:

Feb 22, 2019 at 12:26 PM Post #42,102 of 63,943
EDR1 is small, comfortable, inexpensive, isolates well, sounds great, and needs no amp (it’s easily driven by any phone or DAP). It can be worn up or down, and it’s cheap enough that it gets lost, stolen, or damaged on a flight it’s no big deal. It’s treble is not hot or harsh at all.

Might be something to consider...
Glad to see the older models still are getting some love. Yesterday I've used my KZ ZS1 again and after toning down the bass and mid-bass it's still very enjoyable. In fact, I may like it more than some of the newer models. Sure, I'm losing a little detail but I'm getting a lot of smoothness and warmth in return.

Feb 22, 2019 at 1:25 PM Post #42,104 of 63,943
A pin for ZS7, B pin for AS10

Users who are viewing this thread

Back