Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jan 30, 2019 at 12:49 PM Post #41,356 of 64,378
That was kind of my reaction when I also jammed c10 into my ears. Slightly different signature between the two with zsn having faster, more linear:)))bass and more forward mids, but the trade off is well worth it for the separation and stage improvements. I swore that was it for this year too, but then got suckered into ordering ****. That should be here early next week.

Now c16 GAS is starting to hit me hard. Lol

It is difficult to stay away from this hype train! Although I'd skip C16s and keep my vow of purchasing only sub $30 IEMs :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: **** and N3 are tantalizing to say the least

Jan 30, 2019 at 12:51 PM Post #41,357 of 64,378
Hi there from Germany!

Been reading the last 250 pages when I was looking for a proper in ear monitor for actually making music on stage. Won't be using it for listening to music from "artificial" sources :wink:. I was quickly convinced to give kz a try, for we fortunately have someone selling it over Amazon prime in Germany (with the option to send it back within 30 days). Considering the different models, I decided it was either AS10 or zs7. So I ordered them both and last night I had the opportunity to compare them (listening to music, not yet on stage).

I was amazed by the detailed sound of both, for I was before using a Shure s315 (which is at around 3-4x the cost) which sounded muffled in comparison. For I do rock and singer songwriter music (guitar and vocals) I chose the test songs according. And I really enjoyed the AS10 much more than the zs7. Especially for its sparkling trebles and it's even more detailed sound. I was even a bit unsure if received a faulty zs7 for some guys here were writing about its even better trebles compared to every other KZ gear. For monitoring I don't need deep bass, so the strength of the dd in the zs7 can't pay off. Although I liked the fit of the zs7 better than the AS10 (which are much bigger).

I will be able to compare them in our rehearsing room on Monday with actual "self made music".

Unfortunately there is no cca gear here at Amazon prime, for I would like to try the ca10 and maybe even ca16.

Do you have some more recommendations or hints for me concerning different models?

If you can purchase from AliExpress then you should probably try purchasing from there. **** is also a great choice.

Jan 30, 2019 at 1:13 PM Post #41,358 of 64,378
Not once in all five parts is “Chi-Fi” mentioned, which I find significant because there are so many here who use that term to connote ‘cheap and inferior’ and also quite a few who use it together with the mention of KZ as a pejorative to be superciliously dismissive.

Maybe I’m naive or don’t hang out in the right threads, but I’ve never seen ChiFi used as a derogatory term to mean cheap and inferior.

I’ve always just known it as referring to Chinese HiFi. In other words, when someone mentions ChiFi, everyone knows what they’re talking about. It’s like a shorthand way to refer to it.

Kind of like when we say “Google it”, that means do a web search even if not using the Google search engine. Or if someone says they “flew from New York to Chicago”, everyone knows they meant fly on an airplane and not a helicopter, hit air balloon, jet pack, or zeppelin.

In today’s world, literally 70-80% of all consumer products produced are made in China. It’s just a fact of life nowadays; I don’t think there’s anything inherently derogatory in it.

Of course there’s the occasional stereotype that pokes fun at some crawlity control problems. But products can have QC issues no matter where they are manufactured.

I guess you might be referring to the type of person that spends $6k on a set of IEMs. But those are the kind of people that have a derogatory outlook on everything, such as flying on a commuter airplane instead of a private Gulfstream IV, or driving a Toyota Camry instead of a chauffeured Rolls Royce, or eating Pho and a beer instead of lobster and caviar with Cristal.

The ironic thing about those type of people is that even if their $6k IEM isn’t “made in China”, guess where most of the raw components are made? The plastic pellets or aluminum used to make the shells, the silicone eartips, the nozzle screens, the litz wiring, the crossover circuit board, the individual crossover components, the mmcx or 2-pin sockets, the wire for the cable, the foam insert for the packaging, the printing ink for the labels, the adhesive for any stickers, the shrink wrap for the retail box, etc? Yup, you guessed it...

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2019 at 1:29 PM Post #41,359 of 64,378
If you can purchase from AliExpress then you should probably try purchasing from there. **** is also a great choice.

Thanks for the hint! The advantage of Amazon prime is that you can buy multiple gear and send back those you don't like. I can (and did) buy from AliExpress but only things that I'm sure I want to keep. For trying out, this is not the best way...

The **** might be a good choice soundwise, but on stage I need in ear monitors that stay in place. And although the exact look doesn't matter the "bullet" in ears are too "visible" IMHO.

Jan 30, 2019 at 2:02 PM Post #41,360 of 64,378
It is difficult to stay away from this hype train! Although I'd skip C16s and keep my vow of purchasing only sub $30 IEMs :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: **** and N3 are tantalizing to say the least

Yes N3 has got me hard too. Dang! Graph looks almost identical to my semkarch cnt1, but with more bass and more sparkles and presence up top. Going to wait for reviews on them before buying them though.

Oddly, my NY resolution was to up my game back into the 100-200 dollar range. Have the money saved for kanas pro, and ex800st, but was so happy with c10 I decided to save up for hiby r6 pro.

Jan 30, 2019 at 2:07 PM Post #41,361 of 64,378
Got my C10 today and OOTB they feel head and shoulders above ZSN to me. Maybe I'm lucky or it's just my audio perception but they're monstrous from the very first second! If an analogy is to be drawn between ZSN and C10 then ZSN is like a vivacious kid who knows how to pack a proper punch whereas C10 is prime Muhammad Ali :heart_eyes:

Just need to try some tip rolling if it can further enhance them. Looks like I'm done for 2019.:sweat_smile:

Although if **** drop below $20 I'd be slightly tempted, till then it's all over!:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::sunglasses:
It's addictive!...My wife took mines away from me! I had no choice but to order another one. True story!

Soon, my C10 will not be alone again...I will get another DT clone! :sheep::sheep:
Gargamel_SV.gif

Jan 30, 2019 at 2:09 PM Post #41,362 of 64,378
Hi there from Germany!

Been reading the last 250 pages when I was looking for a proper in ear monitor for actually making music on stage. Won't be using it for listening to music from "artificial" sources :wink:. I was quickly convinced to give kz a try, for we fortunately have someone selling it over Amazon prime in Germany (with the option to send it back within 30 days). Considering the different models, I decided it was either AS10 or zs7. So I ordered them both and last night I had the opportunity to compare them (listening to music, not yet on stage).

I was amazed by the detailed sound of both, for I was before using a Shure s315 (which is at around 3-4x the cost) which sounded muffled in comparison. For I do rock and singer songwriter music (guitar and vocals) I chose the test songs according. And I really enjoyed the AS10 much more than the zs7. Especially for its sparkling trebles and it's even more detailed sound. I was even a bit unsure if received a faulty zs7 for some guys here were writing about its even better trebles compared to every other KZ gear. For monitoring I don't need deep bass, so the strength of the dd in the zs7 can't pay off. Although I liked the fit of the zs7 better than the AS10 (which are much bigger).

I will be able to compare them in our rehearsing room on Monday with actual "self made music".

Unfortunately there is no cca gear here at Amazon prime, for I would like to try the ca10 and maybe even ca16.

Do you have some more recommendations or hints for me concerning different models?

For monitoring go C16.

Jan 30, 2019 at 2:13 PM Post #41,363 of 64,378
It's addictive!...My wife took mines away from me! I had no choice but to order another one. True story!

Soon, my C10 will not be alone again...I will get another DT clone! :sheep::sheep:

Whoa! But can surely understand why your wife snatched them away from you :grin: Heck, I may just buy another pair of C10 just to have a backup in case anything goes awry with this pair. If you can help, just wanted to know whether foam tips do significantly alter C10's signature? As they do smoothen out treble in my ZSNs. If they do, then I'd go for larger silicone tips.

Jan 30, 2019 at 2:22 PM Post #41,364 of 64,378
Whoa! But can surely understand why your wife snatched them away from you :grin: Heck, I may just buy another pair of C10 just to have a backup in case anything goes awry with this pair. If you can help, just wanted to know whether foam tips do significantly alter C10's signature? As they do smoothen out treble in my ZSNs. If they do, then I'd go for larger silicone tips.
I never bothered changing the default silicone ear tips since they sounded so intriguing to me!...Burning them in 20 hours "plus" did it for me! :yum::thumbsup:

Jan 30, 2019 at 2:29 PM Post #41,365 of 64,378
I never bothered changing the default silicone ear tips since they sounded so intriguing to me!...Burning them in 20 hours "plus" did it for me! :yum::thumbsup:

Precisely why I'm sceptical on tip rolling. I think I need to improve seal. I'd try with L tips bundled in or ZSN tips.

Jan 30, 2019 at 2:31 PM Post #41,366 of 64,378
For monitoring go C16.

I'd love to try them...do you know a shop that offers shipping from Europe? In order to avoid troubles with customs...
And: of course "more ba and a higher price should result in better sound (monitoring) quality", but is it worth the money compared to as10?

additional question: the zs7 are (subjectively) really comfortable to wear. How do c10 or c16 compare to them in matter of size?

Jan 30, 2019 at 2:36 PM Post #41,367 of 64,378
I'd love to try them...do you know a shop that offers shipping from Europe? In order to avoid troubles with customs...
And: of course "more ba and a higher price should result in better sound (monitoring) quality", but is it worth the money compared to as10?

additional question: the zs7 are (subjectively) really comfortable to wear. How do c10 or c16 compare to them in matter of size?

C10s are very comfortable although depending upon size of your ears you may need to roll tips. Can easily be used for hours without any issues

Jan 30, 2019 at 2:41 PM Post #41,368 of 64,378
That was kind of my reaction when I also jammed c10 into my ears. Slightly different signature between the two with zsn having faster, more linear:)))bass and more forward mids, but the trade off is well worth it for the separation and stage improvements. I swore that was it for this year too, but then got suckered into ordering ****. That should be here early next week.

Now c16 GAS is starting to hit me hard. Lol
Don't worry about the ****, you weren't suckered, just wait till you hear it! Make sure you use wide bore tips. I have the C16 on the way, should be here by next week.

Jan 30, 2019 at 2:44 PM Post #41,369 of 64,378
C10s are very comfortable although depending upon size of your ears you may need to roll tips. Can easily be used for hours without any issues
comfort is highly subjective...for this reason i mentioned that the zs7 suit me very well in regards of comfort and size (I use my own tips anyway so it's a matter of size and shape of the corpus). Are the zs7 (or zs6) of similar size and shape as the c10? Thanks :)

Jan 30, 2019 at 2:46 PM Post #41,370 of 64,378
Ah ah I'll try this. But it's sure, technoctech they are far better. I think replaced as10/KC2 by C16.

My top 5 is transformed in top 3. The best of the best for me
My top three at the moment are:
1. ****
2. CCA C10
3. V2
C16 coming, though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back