Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Aug 7, 2018 at 9:24 AM Post #35,326 of 64,397
Yep and great call on the Fiddle, if it had not been for Fiddling I may have thrown several iem's away over the years and as I think back I've only had one pair over the years that could not be tweaked into something palpable to my ears! I hope I don't offend anyone but I was so disappointed in these I ended up smashing them with a 3lb sledge out of frustration:weary: I've oft thought I may have just been having a bad day:thinking: Everyone say it with me now...................Bad Dolphin":sweat_smile: LOL

Duds.JPG

Aug 7, 2018 at 9:31 AM Post #35,327 of 64,397
I've had a few where the best title for a review would be "Music from the Pit" or "How to pierce your ears without a needle". Somethings just cannot be fixed.

Aug 7, 2018 at 9:46 AM Post #35,328 of 64,397
Do slater mod and viola...
Or if you can do soldering, add a 18mm smd metal film resistor to BA.

KZ should have added the BA in series instead of parallel.

This was corrected by PHB by niceHCK which does sound way better than KZ ZS6 and has hefty but comfortable build with way better QC and soundstage....and MMCX

Because 2pin betrayed me became very loose on ES4 left side.

I feviquicked the both socket since I dont need detachable cable with KZ style QC

Just saw this product by NiceHCK, the "PHB"
How would u compare it as sound signature to any kz of the line?
How are bass and sub-bass there? And how much is it big compared to other kzs?

Aug 7, 2018 at 10:06 AM Post #35,329 of 64,397
update on the new bluetooth KZ cables:

they do cut out when wearing them outside and the phone is in my pockets. sometimes it os unbearable, sometimes they behave very well. took a lengthy walk yesterday and everything worked fine. but today, a 5 minute walk turned into a frustration trip :/ good thing is I bought them as a replacement to my dx50 which is cumbersome to use as a dac and cuts out if you look at it funny (usb connection is faulty i guess).

I've used mine today for the first time and it is really bad. Not usable like this...

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2018 at 11:31 AM Post #35,330 of 64,397
Aug 7, 2018 at 11:55 AM Post #35,331 of 64,397
Just saw this product by NiceHCK, the "PHB"
How would u compare it as sound signature to any kz of the line?
How are bass and sub-bass there? And how much is it big compared to other kzs?
Its treble starts rolling of early and shows way less peak.
Mids are somewhat same and bass is reduced.

Somewhat mid centric. But due to dual BA firing treble(even in series), the nature of treble is still upfront, even after taming(somewhat on near to head) but still manages have a better mids and bass compared to ZS6.

Aug 7, 2018 at 12:34 PM Post #35,333 of 64,397

I think its not that clear...but see the one vent with white mesh behind. I enlarged it without hurting the mesh...

Lowered the bass bleed so some bass relieving and some clarity on mid that side.

But my left vent was smaller than right, that why I scratched and made it a little bigger.

Second is spinfit cp240(narrow bore but long bore fix the bass) so treble is sibilant but also fix the fitting issue without creating vacumm effect
I checked the vent with the mesh and it's also smaller then the right side ... I tried your trick and attached it to my second cable (because my first one was defective) and it sounds a lot better now! :) Thanks!

Aug 7, 2018 at 12:58 PM Post #35,334 of 64,397
Its treble starts rolling of early and shows way less peak.
Mids are somewhat same and bass is reduced.

Somewhat mid centric. But due to dual BA firing treble(even in series), the nature of treble is still upfront, even after taming(somewhat on near to head) but still manages have a better mids and bass compared to ZS6.

Guess I'll have to ping Nice and get a pair since the green was the only model of the ZS6 I did not get, have to see/hear this staggered vs. parallel BA thingy but I do prefer MMCX! Think I like the brass colored mesh too:wink:

Aug 7, 2018 at 8:54 PM Post #35,336 of 64,397
My Tin T2's arrived today. They are great, but honestly... is there a damn trick to replacing these earpads?

The default ones are too large and I can't fit any others on, haha.

Hmm, never had any trouble with installing tips on the T2.

Are you slipping them on “crooked” ie at an angle? This gets them over the nozzle the easiest.

It also helps to turn the tips inside out, which helps you slip them onto the nozzle easier. That’s assuming you’re using silicone tips.

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2018 at 1:36 AM Post #35,338 of 64,397
I have a good feeling that long listening periods with the ZS6 will eventually leave tiny callouses that will look like the an imprint of the housings on my ears.

You’d be surprised. They are actually quite comfortable (for me anyways).

The ZS5 actually gave more people fit issues. KZ smoothed some of the edges out for the ZS6.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back