Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jun 15, 2018 at 8:51 PM Post #33,691 of 63,966
Plus, I have so many headphones that I would be constantly making EQ changes depending on which headphone I was using.
Same reason I didn't EQ at all. But this is where Neutralizer app on my LG V20 shines. One profile for each IEM, and switching is painless. And the way it profiles your hearing, by having you set the audible threshold at each freq range, turns out to be very effective. Without that baseline I'll have a hard time EQ anything.

Jun 16, 2018 at 12:53 AM Post #33,693 of 63,966
Just received my ES4 this morning, first impressing with stock tips is the bass is very bunchy, I listened to some hip hop tracks like Boom Boom Pow, Pump It, Fancy, felt like I was at the party, then listened to some pop songs like My all, We belong together, no more annoying high notes like ZS5v2 and ZS6, but the comfort is a thing to consider, after some minutes, I felt like I had something sticks to my ears and felt a bit discomfort, maybe because for the past several weeks, I get used to the straight shell of CI880, maybe I need time to get used to KZ shell's style again.

And ES4 is not immune to piercing, I noticed some highs when listened to Fancy.

Jun 16, 2018 at 1:15 AM Post #33,694 of 63,966
Just received my ES4 this morning, first impressing with stock tips is the bass is very bunchy, I listened to some hip hop tracks like Boom Boom Pow, Pump It, Fancy, felt like I was at the party, then listened to some pop songs like My all, We belong together, no more annoying high notes like ZS5v2 and ZS6, but the comfort is a thing to consider, after some minutes, I felt like I had something sticks to my ears and felt a bit discomfort, maybe because for the past several weeks, I get used to the straight shell of CI880, maybe I need time to get used to KZ shell's style again.

And ES4 is not immune to piercing, I noticed some highs when listened to Fancy.
Well, truly said.
And yah

Graphene diaphragm needs breaking/ burning as they are more conductive to heat changes, for example it01. Try burning and stiffness of bass driver will settle and resonance will go lower leading to reduced and cleaner mid bass with more subbass.

Just use some bass tone sweep for a day and you are done.

After that, do a pink noise burn for a day on loud volume. Somewhat 70% and the Chinese BA will settle, giving a more forgiving sound.

Jun 16, 2018 at 1:30 AM Post #33,695 of 63,966
Well, truly said.
And yah

Graphene diaphragm needs breaking/ burning as they are more conductive to heat changes, for example it01. Try burning and stiffness of bass driver will settle and resonance will go lower leading to reduced and cleaner mid bass with more subbass.

Just use some bass tone sweep for a day and you are done.

After that, do a pink noise burn for a day on loud volume. Somewhat 70% and the Chinese BA will settle, giving a more forgiving sound.

Excuse me, how can I perform bass tone weep and pink noise burn in, I have never burn in before because the internet says it isnt neccesary to do so, but it won't hurt so I want to try it, can you give me the instruction how you do it, thanks.

Jun 16, 2018 at 2:39 AM Post #33,696 of 63,966
I literally want to buy the Tin audio T2 right now but this stupid voice inside my head says no :disappointed_relieved::confounded:

Jun 16, 2018 at 2:44 AM Post #33,697 of 63,966
I literally want to buy the Tin audio T2 right now but this stupid voice inside my head says no :disappointed_relieved::confounded:

Do you like neutral sound signature? It’s not for everyone. Some find it boring, and the biggest complaint of the T2 is the lack of sub bass. Trying to fix it by taping the vent hole is a ghetto fix, and doesn’t really address the issue without causing new ones.

You could always wait and see what the reviews are like on the T2 Bass Pro and also the T3, as they are supposed to be coming out soon (exactly when I don’t know).

It would suck to get the T2 now, only to kick yourself later, right?

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2018 at 2:48 AM Post #33,698 of 63,966
Just received my es4 and immediately paired it with trn cable and wide bore medium size tips of my tennmak piano. Initial impression is it has more bass quantity and tamed highs compared with my first loved kz iem zst. Just like my IT01, i prefer the wide bore tips on the es4. It somehow lessen the bass a bit but still with enough punch on the lower end and reveal some clarity compared with the narrow bore tips I've tried. Will try to burn this in for awhile on my blackberry Q10 and see if there's any significant change. 20180616_093437.jpg

Jun 16, 2018 at 3:19 AM Post #33,699 of 63,966
Excuse me, how can I perform bass tone weep and pink noise burn in, I have never burn in before because the internet says it isnt neccesary to do so, but it won't hurt so I want to try it, can you give me the instruction how you do it, thanks.
Actually burn in doesn't change the sound, what it does is remove the mechanical stiffness from various point of impedance graph..

It will change some decay and distortion graph and make the sound a little more smoother and effortless.

No SQ change.

Download 1more burn in app and do burn phases, if not want to get into hassle of proper burn

Jun 16, 2018 at 5:14 AM Post #33,701 of 63,966

In all honesty: I think TechmanZ is spot on for most of the KZ IEMs. He has one weak spot - for me - and that is he totally loves the ZST’s. I think they are the most fatiguing KZ’s out there, with too little bass and way too piercing highs. He on the other hand, prefers it over the KZ top models and ZSR, for example.

See, that’s ok. To each his own. But when I think he says they’re like the ZST’s, I think he says he likes the ES4 too.

I hope he doesn’t try to say they’re the same. Because they’re absolutely not. The ES4 has delicately tuned down highs and a far more pronounced bass. They aren’t the same at all.

That’s why I like the ES4 so much. :D
Lol, the whole comment section now believes that both ZST and ES4 have the same sound signature. Somebody gotta do something about that.

Jun 16, 2018 at 5:21 AM Post #33,702 of 63,966
I'm on it!

superman.gif

Jun 16, 2018 at 5:38 AM Post #33,703 of 63,966
Lol, the whole comment section now believes that both ZST and ES4 have the same sound signature. Somebody gotta do something about that.

It’s YouTube, what do you expect?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back