Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Sep 17, 2017 at 12:07 AM Post #21,676 of 63,930
Just got my Bluetooth cable in the mail today. My ZS3 is the old version so no joy there but I kinda expected that anyway. On the ZS5 my initial impression is not bad sounding at all. More than adequate for a workout setup. Unfortunately, I'd hoped pair it with a Benjie K8. The BT implementation on the K8 seems super-kludged together but it does work. Pairing went OK but when the device moved to arms length away from the KZ module everything just crashed. No connection lost indicator from either device but no sound.

This was disappointing so I connected the KZ Bluetooth to my Kindle 7" HDX tablet. Here, there was no disconnect even walking from room to room about the house. Then I connected the Benjie to a pair of audsom M05 APTX. Again, no lost connection walking about the house.

As for sound, my first day impression is that I prefer the KZ module to the audsom though that comparison--over ears vs. IEM doesn't mean much.

Will report more as I play with the KZ's battery life.

Good to know the Bluetooth cable does work ok, I think I'm gonna buy one along with the ES3, according to some it has better bass, vocals and mids than the ZST. Hopefully the battery lasts at least 4 hours.

Sep 17, 2017 at 1:44 AM Post #21,677 of 63,930
Great in depth reviews. Just what I was looking for. I suppose I'll go with the ES3. Bassier, with no piercing highs, improved vocals, it should sound much better than KZ ZST...
Just a reminder that the ES3 is a pretty bright IEM but I manage to tame the high frequency peaks successfully with the Comply T400 tips. Just be aware that this method works for me therefore your mileage may vary depending on the fit of the tips for your ear.

Sep 17, 2017 at 1:54 AM Post #21,679 of 63,930
Good to know the Bluetooth cable does work ok, I think I'm gonna buy one along with the ES3, according to some it has better bass, vocals and mids than the ZST. Hopefully the battery lasts at least 4 hours.
Do make sure that you're getting the latest KZ wireless cable with Bluetooth v4.2 support. That's the version that has a very stable connection. There are some older Bluetooth v4.1 which many complained about still floating around. I posted a photo on the new version in the past under this thread.

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2017 at 1:56 AM Post #21,680 of 63,930
Do make sure that you're getting the latest KZ wireless cable with Bluetooth v4.2 support. That's the version that has a very stable connection. There are some older Bluetooth v4.1 which many complained about still floating around. I posted a photo on the new version in the past under this thread.

Do you know if they're selling the newest version at Gearbest? That's where I buy.

Sep 17, 2017 at 2:03 AM Post #21,681 of 63,930
So wait a minute. Are you saying that in a way, you're a future Andromeda customer because of the ZS6?

Don't poke the bear! In another thread someone compared the Andromeda to the Sony EX1000, which I used to own, and the Sony came out on top. So as much as I find the Andromedas absolutely ravishing they maybe aren't a great value proposition? So I'll probably never pick them up.

Sep 17, 2017 at 2:19 AM Post #21,682 of 63,930
Some people love the Andromedas but I think they area waste of money, so many other earphones you could buy

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2017 at 3:46 AM Post #21,686 of 63,930
Some people love the Andromedas but I think they area waste of money, so many other earphones you could buy
I was at E-Earphone Akihabara Tokyo last year and tested the CA Andromeda and the Dynamic Motion DM200H and purchased the DM200H instead. I was actually going to purchase the Andromeda earlier but after listening to the DM200H, I just fell in love with the DM200H sound quality which actually over shadow the Andromeda at about 4 times the price.

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2017 at 4:27 AM Post #21,688 of 63,930
I was at E-Earphone Akihabara last year and tested the CA Andromeda and the Dynamic Motion DM200H and purchased the DM200H instead. I was actually going to purchase the Andromeda earlier but after listening to the DM200H, I just fell in love with the DM200H sound quality which actually over shadow the Andromeda at about 1/4 the price.

yep the 200H is prolly the best sounding iem i have heard at any price currently.

Sep 17, 2017 at 9:23 AM Post #21,689 of 63,930
Sep 17, 2017 at 9:26 AM Post #21,690 of 63,930
Just a reminder that the ES3 is a pretty bright IEM but I manage to tame the high frequency peaks successfully with the Comply T400 tips. Just be aware that this method works for me therefore your mileage may vary depending on the fit of the tips for your ear.
I am using ES3 this week instead of zs5.. I think it's pretty great. I also use T400s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back